Westerner In Dubai

Topic locked
Re: Westerner In Dubai Dec 11, 2010
@sara - Right , I will take what you have said at face value, Thank bethsmum that I am not going to critique your response

@Bora - haha, well Im on the same page with you, i guess men do require an excursion from rationality every now and then ;)

zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Westerner in Dubai Dec 11, 2010
Sara, you are, indeed, a very young person, or someone who has been sheltered. I don't think the following was what Zubber wanted to hear.

i have nothing against indian and such people my sister have some pakistani friends..
and my parents house driver is a Bengali and we treat him like family because he have been with us for almost 10 years now.

He has been a gentleman in not replying to your post. If I were you I would wise up a bit.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Westerner in Dubai Dec 11, 2010
Bethsmum wrote:Sara, you are, indeed, a very young person, or someone who has been sheltered. I don't think the following was what Zubber wanted to hear.

i have nothing against indian and such people my sister have some pakistani friends..
and my parents house driver is a Bengali and we treat him like family because he have been with us for almost 10 years now.

He has been a gentleman in not replying to your post. If I were you I would wise up a bit.

those tow last lines werent my replay to his qustion those were just an addition !!
i have answered his qustions tho!
he asked about indian and such marring locals and i did answer him!
didnt you read my whole post ??!
you people come asking me as a local and then you dont like my answers !
im sorry if my answeres arent what you want to hear ! but you ask because you want to know from a local perspective but when you hear the answer you dont accept it!
Whats wrong with you people !?
you say im young or ive been sheltered to talk like that, have it crossed your mind that maybe what im saying and my views are like this because this is indeed how i live!
that i live in a community that really do live like i say !?
before i left fo college i lived in a small town in RAK where everyone share my views and belifes!
now i live alone in the dorm still most of the girls who surround me have the same ideas. is it possible that all of us are wrong!?
you have different views and i respect that and you know stuff i dont and i respect that too
but why wont you respect my views ?
im telling you how things is supposed to be from islam teaching because this is how we live from where i came from..
im well aware that many locals dont do anything as what thir religion tell them.
put in mind he came and asked me what "I" think about indian pakstani bangali relationships with locals and i answered him according to what i saw in my life and from the people iv seen.
he didnt ask about what someone els thought he asked about my opinion! and if you dont want my opinion then dont ask for it !

-- Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:03 am --

zubber wrote:@sara - Right , I will take what you have said at face value, Thank bethsmum that I am not going to critique your response

)

could you tell me please if you didnt like my replay ?
because bethsmum says i didnt answer what you asked ?

you asked about my opinion and i told you my 'own' opinion and not the society opinion or anybody's els!
if you wanted the society opinion because its plane and simple and im sure you know it as well its a : NO its not ok for local girls to marry Indinas or Pakstani or Bngali ! as each come from different class of life!
and ive never heard that there is a lacal girl would want to marry anyone from there.
Sarah21
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Westerner In Dubai Dec 12, 2010
Well Sarah your replies make it very obvious to other people that you indeed have lived a sheltered life or somekind of self spun fantasy world or you truly are naive, as because from what they ( and me )hear from you and what they know from personal experience are two totaly different things. For example

i know local girls who are marred to men who are Westerners, Egyptians, Syrian, Lebanese, and other from the gulf countries like Saudi, Qatari and Kuwaiti and all are wealthy or at least in the same financial level of the girl but i never heard of a local girl married or in a relationship with an indian or pakistani or Bengali men.

I can give you examples contrary to those. Someone I know ( Pakistani ) is married to a local girl. He was working as an office boy in the bank she was working in when they first met and got married. Now they have a 5 year old daughter and your country refuses to give her citizenship a child born in this country to a mother who is a citizen of this country, but only because the father is a Pakistani. They live in a very run down house in Sharjah as she lost her job and can't get those prefered positions she could have gotten had she not been married to a Pakistani, Another ( Indian ) friend was banging the brains out of this local girl, she wanted to marry but he refused knowing how her family and the in laws would forever be a problem in his life.

For the rest of your REPLAY I will do what Zubs ( Oh and please don't tell what that means in arabic to Zubber :mrgreen: ) did and let it go for the moment
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Well Sarah your replies make it very obvious to other people that you indeed have lived a sheltered life or somekind of self spun fantasy world or you truly are naive, as because from what they ( and me )hear from you and what they know from personal experience are two totaly different things. For example

i know local girls who are marred to men who are Westerners, Egyptians, Syrian, Lebanese, and other from the gulf countries like Saudi, Qatari and Kuwaiti and all are wealthy or at least in the same financial level of the girl but i never heard of a local girl married or in a relationship with an indian or pakistani or Bengali men.

I can give you examples contrary to those. Someone I know ( Pakistani ) is married to a local girl. He was working as an office boy in the bank she was working in when they first met and got married. Now they have a 5 year old daughter and your country refuses to give her citizenship a child born in this country to a mother who is a citizen of this country, but only because the father is a Pakistani. They live in a very run down house in Sharjah as she lost her job and can't get those prefered positions she could have gotten had she not been married to a Pakistani, Another ( Indian ) friend was banging the brains out of this local girl, she wanted to marry but he refused knowing how her family and the in laws would forever be a problem in his life.

For the rest of your REPLAY I will do what Zubs ( Oh and please don't tell what that means in arabic to Zubber :mrgreen: ) did and let it go for the moment

ok i come from a class in the society that dont have any low stuff in it and im proud of that, because im living a life people would dream of. i have everything i want and can do whatever i want plus i get to be sheltered from the ugliness of the world ! whats better than that lol

and i dont know people who are marred to indians and such but you do ok thats good share your experience with zubber he seems to want to know about thos stuff..
Sarah21
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Westerner in Dubai Dec 12, 2010
I guess I missed a lot :shock:
Guys, give Sarah a break, I totally understand where her views/thoughts come from as I'm an Emarati myself.

Yes, she has been sheltered and thats not a bad thing. She's full of innocence, and there is no harm in exploring stuff. Perhaps it's her time to learn more, and I'm sure we've all been there, and we're still learning more from others.

As for her written English skills, seriously I don't appreciate some comments with this regard.
English is not our first language, and its not our favorite one either.
I wish someday if I had the chance, I'll enforce Arabic language SPOKEN & WRITTEN on everyone living here.
And let me see the look on your face DDS when I laugh at your horrible accent and mistakes.
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:I wish someday if I had the chance, I'll enforce Arabic language SPOKEN & WRITTEN on everyone living here.

And then you will have no one other than you folk living here. Tyring hard to get there already and a few more bright sparks like you and it will happen sooner than later :wink:

Then each family can have its own personal tower to live in on SZR, yipee ! :D
desertdudeshj

I'm not going to let it go tho DDS. Sarah's attitude is arrogant and naive in the extreme.

I didn't say you didn't answer Zubber's post but that you said something he wouldn't want to hear. Do you not think it rather condescending to say that your Bengali driver is treated as one of the family as he has been with you for ten years? Or whatever you said. I find that rather disgusting if I'm honest.
Sarah, if you really believe all the local lads are saving themselves for you, you are in for a nasty shock I can tell you. I will tell you from personal experience that they will sh&g anything with a pulse. Sorry if it's not what you want to hear but it's the truth. Islam doesn't enter the stratosphere when S.E.X is on the agenda. Get with it Sarah.

-- Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:21 am --

Sarah21 wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Well Sarah your replies make it very obvious to other people that you indeed have lived a sheltered life or somekind of self spun fantasy world or you truly are naive, as because from what they ( and me )hear from you and what they know from personal experience are two totaly different things. For example

ok i come from a class in the society that dont have any low stuff in it and im proud of that, because im living a life people would dream of. i have everything i want and can do whatever i want plus i get to be sheltered from the ugliness of the world ! whats better than that lol

and i dont know people who are marred to indians and such but you do ok thats good share your experience with zubber he seems to want to know about thos stuff..

Sarah, you are living the life people would dream of? Do me a favour! You are a young girl sitting in a room posting on an internet forum. You should be out having some serious fun at your age, and I seriously doubt that you can do anything you want to. I feel so sorry for you, I really do.
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:
symmetric wrote:I wish someday if I had the chance, I'll enforce Arabic language SPOKEN & WRITTEN on everyone living here.

And then you will have no one other than you folk living here. Tyring hard to get there already and a few more bright sparks like you and it will happen sooner than later :wink:

Then each family can have its own personal tower to live in on SZR, yipee ! :D

You surely fail to understand the concept of respecting the natives of a host country, regardless anything.

There are plenty of people living in non-English speaking countries who HAD to learn thier foregin language in order to make a living for a better life. If Arabic language was enforced here, and if that what it takes for you to make a living, you'll get urself enrolled in the nearest language institute, I'm sure.

If I were in your shoes, I'd think twice before making fun of the natives, and their skills of a second language, specially in our case.

Such cheap morals, and a low class character you got DDS.
You need classes in ethics before language.
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:I guess I missed a lot :shock:
Guys, give Sarah a break, I totally understand where her views/thoughts come from as I'm an Emarati myself.

Yes, she has been sheltered and thats not a bad thing. She's full of innocence, and there is no harm in exploring stuff. Perhaps it's her time to learn more, and I'm sure we've all been there, and we're still learning more from others.

As for her written English skills, seriously I don't appreciate some comments with this regard.
English is not our first language, and its not our favorite one either.
I wish someday if I had the chance, I'll enforce Arabic language SPOKEN & WRITTEN on everyone living here.
And let me see the look on your face DDS when I laugh at your horrible accent and mistakes.

thanks alot man! im so grateful for you understatement.

i feel like those people just dont want to understand that what im saying is kind of true because im living that way!

i understand them having more experience and seeing more that me and accept their opinions but they just act like all im is wrong !?

and im with you in inforcing Arabic in this country ! if only we can do it!
look at the German for example they would never accept to be spoken to in thier country in anything but their languege even tho they know english !
we should really try and be like them..
Sarah21
Dubai Forums Member

symmetric wrote:You surely fail to understand the concept of respecting the natives of a host country, regardless anything.

Respect is a two way street, it is earned and not taken.

symmetric wrote:There are plenty of people living in non-English speaking countries who HAD to learn thier foregin language in order to make a living for a better life.

There many but not plenty,And those are conscious choices made by people fully knowing that is the requirement, and those places have much to offer. I don't see anyone other that big oil and a few other players making that kind of invesment i.e: simply hire Arabic enabled people to work here for them. The avg joe couldn't be bothered. They will just move to the next most favourable destination.

symmetric wrote:If Arabic language was enforced here, and if that what it takes for you to make a living, you'll get urself enrolled in the nearest language institute, I'm sure.

You forget the world is bigger than the middle east. And the GCC needs the expats more than the expats need the GCC.

symmetric wrote:If I were in your shoes, I'd think twice before making fun of the natives, and their skills of a second language, specially in our case.

If your referring to your country mate, no one made fun of her, just pointed out, not lashed out as you assume she could do better specialy being a UNI student. Would be to her own benefit for her future. And why is your case special ?

symmetric wrote:Such cheap morals, and a low class character you got DDS.

Having a reality check akin to cheap morals ? Thats new.

-- Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:42 am --

Sarah21 wrote:i feel like those people just dont want to understand that what im saying is kind of true because im living that way!

Nobody questioned the way you are living, we all believe you, it is you who does not want to believe what pthers have to say.

Sarah21 wrote:i understand them having more experience and seeing more that me and accept their opinions but they just act like all im is wrong !?

When you make exagerated claims, expect to be called on that.

Sarah21 wrote:look at the German for example they would never accept to be spoken to in thier country in anything but their languege even tho they know english !
we should really try and be like them..

Yes please do, the entire world would welcome that, including me, infact the west has been trying tooth and nail for this to happen. But just don't stick and stop with the language laws accept everything that is good.

Hell I'd be with you 100% even if you wanted to adopt the French Constitution. And thats saying a lot for me.
desertdudeshj

I'm not going to let it go tho DDS. Sarah's attitude is arrogant and naive in the extreme.

I didn't say you didn't answer Zubber's post but that you said something he wouldn't want to hear. Do you not think it rather condescending to say that your Bengali driver is treated as one of the family as he has been with you for ten years? Or whatever you said. I find that rather ing if I'm honest.
Sarah, if you really believe all the local lads are saving themselves for you, you are in for a nasty shock I can tell you. I will tell you from personal experience that they will sh&g anything with a pulse. Sorry if it's not what you want to hear but it's the truth. Islam doesn't enter the stratosphere when S.E.X is on the agenda. Get with it Sarah.

first of all im sorry for trying to be polite!
i didnt try to offend anyone by saying my driver is like one of the family!

second of all could you PLEASE understand my point in virginity with local boys !!
all i said that islam says its not ok to have s.e.x before marriage however there are some local boys who do sleep around before marriage and im well aware of that just the other day my cousin was just telling me about some of his friends and thier girfriends!
and in college i know girls who have boyfriends as well!
i know that there are many out there who dont go with the religion teachings !

third
Sarah, you are living the life people would dream of? Do me a favour! You are a young girl sitting in a room posting on an internet forum. You should be out having some serious fun at your age, and I seriously doubt that you can do anything you want to. I feel so sorry for you, I really do.

how do you know im not !?
do you know me personally ? honey i just come from vecation in the U.S this summer all by my self!
i have my own car i go wherever i want with my friends whenever i want
you want me to have fun? girl me and my gang invented the fun. if only you would get to enter the gust list to one of our parties believe me i dont think u will remember your name when you come out!
i live by myself when im in college .
and i could chose to work in any city i want and even if i dont chose to work i would still can live anywher and buy whatever i want..
i have friends from different countries both genders who are really nice and makes me wonder why you people are not !?

or is it only because i dont chose to have s.e.x before marriage i dont have a good life ?
if you think with that perspective i would be really shocked that you would be that shallow !
because i really came to like you and your wisdom!

so tell me why do you feel sorry for me again? i feel sorry for you mam!
i tired being polite but you people keep offending me without any reason!
Sarah21
Dubai Forums Member

Well nobody is trying to offend you, your doing that perfectly all by yourself. Everybody knows Islams stance on s3x outside of marrige you don't have to preach it, but when you insisted ( at first ) that no unmarried local male or female has to use the old world fornicated. That was hard to swallow.

Then you gave in a little that only a few delved in the pleasuresof the flesh, now what we are saying and from good experience is that its the opposite that most have and few haven't, specialy when it comes to the men. Now your just having a real hard time believing that.

Maybe you could PM your friend sym and ask him if this is true or not. If you won't take out word for it. Maybe a of a countryman perhaps.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Well nobody is trying to offend you, your doing that perfectly all by yourself. Everybody knows Islams stance on s3x outside of marrige you don't have to preach it, but when you insisted ( at first ) that no unmarried local male or female has to use the old world fornicated. That was hard to swallow.

Then you gave in a little that only a few delved in the pleasuresof the flesh, now what we are saying and from good experience is that its the opposite that most have and few haven't, specialy when it comes to the men. Now your just having a real hard time believing that.

Maybe you could PM your friend sym and ask him if this is true or not. If you won't take out word for it. Maybe a of a countryman perhaps.

just the other day my cousin was just telling me about some of his friends and thier girfriends and them doing all kinda sh!t togatehr!
and in college i know girls who have boyfriends as well!
i know that there are many out there who dont go with the religion teachings !
Sarah21
Dubai Forums Member

Well Sarah, I'm sorry but i was offended by you saying your Bengali driver was like one of the family. Zubber has been a gentleman and not responded to that comment, which was arrogant in the extreme. And BTW I am not your honey.
Bethsmum

Well, its quite obvious that Sara wants to desperately date a White Blonde and Blue-eyed Westerner! :D
And she has made it abundantly clear that she does not want a Pakistani, Indian, or Bangladeshi. In fact she has a Bangladeshi driver that she so kindly treats as one of the family, and I am sure he behaves like one of their pets. She has made it quite clear also that ALL EMARATIS (or with few exceptions) subscribe to this same value system. Why is that so? Because.......she beleives the only race somewhat higher than hers on the evolutionary scale are the White Westerners! She has also named a few other Arab Nationalities, e.g Kuwaitis, Saudis, Qataris etc. All Oil rich Arabs. The Yemenis and the Egyptians are also Arabs, but she did not mention them. And thats how things stand at the moment. :|

Einstein, an ugly Jew with a phenomenal brain and intellect, was once approached by a beautiful (White) "blonde" woman, who was one of his acquaintances. She was insisting that Einstein marry her, while he was very hesitant. To convince him, she said "Imagine our offspring, with my looks and your brains......" And Einstein said, "Yes, but what happens if our offspring has your brains and my looks?!!" :wink:
zonker
BANNED

LOL Only just seen this post and will jump in. Sadly Sarah, I'm going to agree with the others and say you're living in a bit of a fantasy land with rose tinted glasses. The reason you never see local girls dating etc Pakistani, Indian etc guys is because Emiratis use them as slave labour - sorry to be blunt but it's true. They're your drivers, your house boys, your builders etc - locals don't see them as equals and most reat them like something they scraped off the bottom of their shoe.

You will find it very difficult to get involved with Western guys A, because your family probably wouldn't approve, B should you ever choose to marry one, you must give up your Emirati status and passport.

The reason why Western guys are afreid of you is because the majority of Local girls would cry harassment if one even threw a look in their direction.

You are covered for a reason and that is NOT to attract attention - hence the reason why you won't get any.

You need to wake up lil missy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sarah, I feel a little sorry for you firstly because you posted here quite a valid and interesting point of view and then were set upon by some of the pack quite unfairly. Ignore them.

Secondly, I do feel that you are a little naive in your thinking, particularly since you are lucky enough to spend time away from the UAE and experience some different cultures. You see the stuff going around you and yet you don't really 'see' how it all works. Its to do with personal choice and religion or upbringing should not enter into it. A truly free society operates like that.

A truly free and equal society does not have houseboys or drivers dismissed in such a manner. Where is their freedom? The ability to go where you like or buy whatever you please, does still not make you 'free', that is a matter for the mind and not the purse. If the houseboy or driver had the same financial advantages as you, do you really think they would be the houseboy or driver?

Similarly, the desire to have a western boy as a friend (tall, blonde, blue-eyed by your own admission) is a purely physical attraction, something that is frowned upon by your social upbringing. Once you have this boy as a friend, then what? Human nature, chemicals and the inbred need to propagate the species will eventually lead to frustration and denial. You may have the trophy, but will also probably have to come back down to earth with a bump when it comes to marriage and the rest of your life. It is unlikely this idyllic male will be able to tick all the boxes (rich, intelligent...and Muslim) The choice will ultimately not be yours to make and therefore you will have sacrificed your own happiness for what? To keep your family happy. Where is your freedom of choice to be happy? I feel sorry for you as your 'conditioning' will ultimately decide your future. Not you.

The experiences we gain in life's journey make us the people we are and that diversity is what makes the human race such a screwed up, imperfect species. And yet, such an interesting and creative one.

My advice would be to enjoy the freedoms you have right now as it is transient and, once gone, can never be found again. Let the veil slip a little and you might find something truly valid in your life.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

desertdudeshj wrote:
symmetric wrote:You surely fail to understand the concept of respecting the natives of a host country, regardless anything.

+1,000 !!!
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

All I have to say is good luck finding a blonde-haired blue-eyed Westerner who is Muslim and a virgin who will approach you in a mall, date you and marry you.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:All I have to say is good luck finding a blonde-haired blue-eyed Westerner who is Muslim and a virgin who will approach you in a mall, date you and marry you.

I think you'd have a better chance of finding a pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Well atleast leprechauns are white, blonde ( ok ginger ) and blue eyed ! and have their own pot of gold. granted not black gold, but gold none the less :D

Sarah, I think next summer vacation head for Ireland 8)
desertdudeshj

^^ LMFAO !!!
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

desertdudeshj wrote:Well atleast leprechauns are white, blonde ( ok ginger ) and blue eyed ! and have their own pot of gold. granted not black gold, but gold none the less :D

Sarah, I think next summer vacation head for Ireland 8)

I know one of these right here in Dubai, he's a cracker, should I see if he's available?
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:

Acting dumb or smart DDS??
Respecting the natives of a host country - GENERALLY- is a BASIC & FIXED concept you should have, or else just fcuk off and leave back to where ever you come from.
If you're pissed off from my gov for not granting you a citizenship, then you shouldn't just disrespect others randomly. I'm very familiar with idiots like you who make fun at some Emaratis who can't speak English properly, and we take it with hard feelings.

There is a gap between some of our local youth and the expat community.
If you seriously claim that you lived here long enough, then you wouldn't miss this point, and would've acted more politely with Sarah.

Compare your ugly comment with DK's reply to Sarah, apparently you are a cheap low-class jerk indeed.

desertdudeshj wrote:
symmetric wrote:There are plenty of people living in non-English speaking countries who HAD to learn thier foregin language in order to make a living for a better life.

There many but not plenty,And those are conscious choices made by people fully knowing that is the requirement, and those places have much to offer. I don't see anyone other that big oil and a few other players making that kind of invesment i.e: simply hire Arabic enabled people to work here for them. The avg joe couldn't be bothered. They will just move to the next most favourable destination.

You think its the citizens who come up with these decisions??
Again you're acting cunning and blaming people for what our government is doing.
MAJORITY OF LOCALS are not happy with how our government is enforcing the globalization concept on us, and NEVERTHELESS since you were offered this chance for a better life here, the least expected from you is to respect our society and the mentality of people here as there is a GAP between the expats community and the some locals living away from the downtown!

Look at yourself and ur background, your country is full of people with such mentality, even worse!
Sarah is from RAK, and generally there are many people in RAK who are very innocent and naive in their mentality and concepts towards life specially the girls and teenagers. Very sheltered and less experience with expats. You already know that, but you're just in thirst to bash someone, expressing your anger towards our goverment for not granting you a citizenship, which you're not entitled to anyways.

Fact is you're not man enough to raise your voice in media and express your anger over there, you only good at bashing people behind your screen.

desertdudeshj wrote:
symmetric wrote:If Arabic language was enforced here, and if that what it takes for you to make a living, you'll get urself enrolled in the nearest language institute, I'm sure.

You forget the world is bigger than the middle east. And the GCC needs the expats more than the expats need the GCC.

Another dumb reply.
Life is about sharing, no one is debating that. But the way you put it only shows your weakness.
U think we are in need for you? Neither locals, nor expats appreciate jerks like you.

If you got any self-pride, you would've left the UAE long time ago, rather than just spending your life-time here cursing the bad policies of this horrible country. The question, why are you still here?? Who is in need for who now?? I'm sure now you agree that sometimes its good to shut up, rather than being arrogant.

Pakistanis in France are forced to learn French language, yet France is smaller than the Middle East.
& it's not a matter of who needs who more, life is more than just one's self interest. And even if France was in "need" for expats, it will still enforce some French language classes on them. This is how it should function.
Ironically, the UK is facing a LOT of issues with forigners including your own people with regard to language! They're hiring translators to deal with them. Brits, French, Germans, and many others are not happy with the way your people just immigrate and settle in their countries without putting much efforts, yet such people keep on abusing the benefits given from those countries. STILL, majority of them got NO loyality to those host countries.
Never in my life time I ever met a European who really appreciated the presence of people like you in their countries, and they're not happy with their government spending toomuch on ungrateful jerks like you.

desertdudeshj wrote:
symmetric wrote:If I were in your shoes, I'd think twice before making fun of the natives, and their skills of a second language, specially in our case.

If your referring to your country mate, no one made fun of her, just pointed out, not lashed out as you assume she could do better specialy being a UNI student. Would be to her own benefit for her future. And why is your case special ?

You can't even fake a nice character, and its not just your lame comments to her.
Everyone is aware of your thoughts and random hostility towards the local society.
My people are not perfect, there are good and bad, but disrespecting us randomly/intentionally only reflects the low-class caste you came from.
For God's sake, even here in DF you got such a bad reputation. Go figure out your two-way street of respect!
symmetric
BANNED

Symmetric, I think you miss the point of this thread completely and the replies to Sarah. It's got nothing to do with the government, work or whatever, the discussion was about dating a Westerner.

Leave off the heavy bro - it wasn't needed in here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Trust me, I know exactly what I'm saying and to whom I'm talking to.
I didnt drift away much from the subject, it's related to an extent.

I'm not defending Sarah's views, I just see a bunch of immature people bashing a young girl who's far away from the reality of us adults. People are too blind to understand that there is a gap between them and her. Such a waste of money that has been spent to educate such people.

Again, thank you DK for being understanding, highly appreciated.
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:Trust me, I know exactly what I'm saying and to whom I'm talking to.
I didnt drift away much from the subject, it's related to an extent.

I'm not defending Sarah's views, I just see a bunch of immature people bashing a young girl who's far away from the reality of us adults. People are too blind to understand that there is a gap between them and her. Such a waste of money that has been spent to educate such people.

It's not that people don't understand that there's a gap. But for someone who 'claims' to have travelled and spent time in Western society, Sarah seems extremely naive and sheltered. Sadly she needs a bit of a wake up call to the actual reality she is living in and can expect in the rest of her life, unless she moves away from certain restraints.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

That s a very good point Sym, I totally agree with you. It s not the first time things like this happens in this forum. Some of the posters just want to impose their values and their lifestyle to ME. It s not gonna happen people! leave it alone! (that s why I didnt post in this thread before, based on past experience on the forums, it doesnt worth the headache!!!)

She is naive, but she is reaching us in a nice and polite way, and look how we turned this to a fight!

:cheers: :cheers:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Chocoholic wrote:[
It's not that people don't understand that there's a gap. But for someone who 'claims' to have travelled and spent time in Western society, Sarah seems extremely naive and sheltered. Sadly she needs a bit of a wake up call to the actual reality she is living in and can expect in the rest of her life, unless she moves away from certain restraints.

VALID ARGUMENT
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance