Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters

Topic locked
Re: Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters Oct 27, 2010
Well I'm not very familiar with the subject, what kind of rights they will lose as an Emirati?

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I'm not 100% sure as I never really asked, but I'm guessing dole, land, govt jobs, etc etc
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:I'm not 100% sure as I never really asked, but I'm guessing dole, land, govt jobs, etc etc

no ,its just that her sons from a non emarati husband wont get the UAE nationality.they'll have their father.

-- Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 am --

Borabora,
No I’m not saying our girls is as independent as the western ones, I actully see them better when it comes to being independent for one reason is that they chose to be independent where western women were forced to by their families when they cut them lose in their late teen age ,thats a big diff but any way I see them all as “women” trying to make it in this world, this has nothing to do with nationality …. And them being home with their families is again a culture and a family attachment thing to them. Hundreds of them who study aboard are living alone too but that’s not the case here.

-- Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:20 am --

Dubai Knight wrote:She can never lose her nationality unless she chooses to become a national of another country, but she does lose all the 'rights' that are normally associated with that nationality.

As for ' the girls walking around the malls', yes Kid I am sure they have a comparative amount of freedom compared to those not mall crawling as a pastime, however they do still comply with the mores of UAE social behaviour and wear their abayas and sheylas, albeit cut to emphasise their figure and adorned with diamante and rhinestone. This is an obvious attempt to attract the opposite s.e.x., however who are they trying to attract?

Back to the subject of the thread.

Unlike the normal order in nature, in order to attract the right potential life partner, the females must 'display' their plumage...

:? :? :?

Knight

first of all I'm starting to think that you have your eyes on one of our girls , are you :oops: worrying if you can or can not marry them ect ect, I can hook you up :lol:

sadly dubaiknight you westerners are not their type :shock: for many reasons, one and thats in general, women aside from L.o.v.e are looking for a stable life when they get married and a similarity in many things, so when you look or think of a local girl marrying an immigrant ,there are many obstacles, such as culture barriers which is something they are attached too and thats need a hall new thread to expand. another factor is that they are expensive, hell, local men are having a problem with that too :? so they are not into your small tiny apartments in London or your Volvo. :)

beside dubaiknight you can not compete with the local men to attract those honey's 8) we have style when it comes to attracting them 8) they are not looking for or trying to attract men like you, trust me, you just wont cut it for them, so stop your fancy wet dreams :lol: that's if you wana look at the girls at the mall as a peace of meat.still you will have to change a small hygiene point which they will insist to! shaving your armpit and...... well, down there :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Rise in the number of local spinsters Oct 27, 2010
So throwing your phone number written on a piece of tissue paper through their car window is classy eh?
Try that in Europe and the girl is likely to have you twisted up in an armlock and making a citizens arrest for littering!

I am sure you are right about them being 'high maintenance', however I do know of an Emirati born lady who is married to a western man and she is perfectly happy. She is able to put on the abaya and mingle with her more traditional friends when she pleases without any issues. The majority of the time, she lives her life in a western way without any need for the brands and luxuries you claim. They have 3 lovely kids and lead normal lives despite the battles she had to face with her family who initially felt she was betraying them by marrying out of Emirati culture. As they describe it; "Love conquered all".

Similarly I know a very successful English lady who has 2 kids from a previous failed marriage who is happily living with a very nice local guy. They have been together for years and have had to fight numerous battles with his family as he is the eldest son and the parents really wanted him to 'toe the line' and marry a nice Emirati girl to carry on the dynasty. I really admire him for sticking to his guns and standing by his lady as the power of love can be stronger than the influence of others.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

but im still amazed at you starting the thread pretending you care for our women rights and love then went in describing them as s.e.x objects i would say them trying to attract men im malls as you said ! So Which way do you wana go here ?
uaekid

uaekid wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:I'm not 100% sure as I never really asked, but I'm guessing dole, land, govt jobs, etc etc

no ,its just that her sons from a non emarati husband wont get the UAE nationality.they'll have their father.

If this is true, It seems to be more a traditional issue rather than legal system.

As I m a girl who was born and lived in a conservative country, I can tell it was the same here as well, but it's changing. 30 years ago, 90 percent of marriages were arranged marriages, but now the number of arranged marriages is declining dramatically. Especially in big cities I can tell that more than 70 percent of marriages are not arranged anymore!

Well this doesn’t mean that in not-arranged marriage families are not involved, actually after the couple made the decision they want to get married the families will step in, but the process of selection is quite different from before!

Because of the more restrictions in traditional and religious societies on girls, they are trying much harder than guys to get into universities, being educated and get good jobs, to be able to carry on their own lives. At least in Iran, the portion of university participant is 70% female and 30% male! Numbers of single girls who lives alone and are independent are increasing and although the families do prefer to keep them safe in houses, they can't do it anymore!
I think this is going to be the same for UAE, sooner or later.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

uaekid wrote:but im still amazed at you starting the thread pretending you care for our women rights and love then went in describing them as s.e.x objects i would say them trying to attract men im malls as you said ! So Which way do you wana go here ?

Did I say I see them as s.e.x objects? I merely observed that they wear bright 'plumage' in an attempt to attract local men. Walk around a mall in Saudi and the abaya is completely unadorned and is merely a covering article of clothing. Here it is a fashion statement and tailored to emphasise a woman's attributes.

Are you objecting to them having the right to modify and adapt the traditional abaya?

I think you would disappear under a flurry of well swung Louis Vuitton and Chanel if you tried to stop them!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters Oct 28, 2010
That is so s.ex.ist to penalize Emirati women who marry foreigners by not allowing the foreign husband and the children to obtain UAE citizenship rights. The children should get it automatically, and the husbands should be able to acquire citizenship if he has lived in the UAE for maybe 5 years and the family has made their home there. This is what happens in most of the other countries in the world and it doesn't do any harm.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:On of my Pakistani friends is married to a local, he had to whisk her away to pakistan and get married, her father being an influential man would never allow this to happen here. You forget the Father/guardian still has to give his permission legaly for it to happen.

And yes she was not stripped from her nationality but most rights that come with it were. Their daughter was refused local citizenship and is now a Pakistani citizen.

In addition, I don't think she would ever be able to live with her Pakstani husband in the UAE, because their marriage is not recognized by the UAE government.

How sad!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

No she does live in the UAE and the marriage is recognised.
desertdudeshj

Re: Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters Oct 30, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:No she does live in the UAE and the marriage is recognised.

I am surprised.

I thought for such marriage to be legitimate in the UAE, the father (of the Emirati girl) has to give his approval?????

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters Oct 30, 2010
uaekid wrote:but im still amazed at you starting the thread pretending you care for our women rights and love then went in describing them as s.e.x objects i would say them trying to attract men im malls as you said ! So Which way do you wana go here ?

Someone's got to care about your women's rights Kid, because you guys sure as hell don't!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters Nov 01, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:

Someone's got to care about your women's rights Kid, because you guys sure as hell don't!

well choc, if you want to call our carelessness for them not to be like ppl like you ,spreaded all over the world,lost "finding themselves" or offering themselves as a one night stand "finding the right one" or protecting them from ppl trying to take advantage of their wealth and country wealth NOT CARING ,so be it .

and I'm not sure that you ppl are the one who will care for them in any how !! remember your saying "all locals , all same same" but thanks to Dubaiknight if you wana call his view of women as a peace of meat "caring".

they have all the rights but not their nonemaraties husband. and I don't think thats should be a concern since "love" is what got them together in the first place ,right ? but we still have to find an answer to why those nonemaraties stopped popping the question ones this law was passed !

at the, end choc, thanks for your non stop care for our girls :wink:
uaekid

Re: Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters Nov 01, 2010
Give me a break uaekid. Let's face it, no matter what a woman wears, covered or uncovered, she is viewed as a s.ex. object by men.

And there was nothing offensive in what DK said about some Emirati women trying to show their beauty or control their own love life. You are the one offended that women adorn their abayas in diamante and wear them more form fitting. Deal with your own issues, but don't blame DK.

uaekid, do you spray a bit of your cologne on the paper when you pass your number to the ladies? :P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Rise in the number of local spinsters Nov 01, 2010
Do you really think that all men view women as a s.e.x object, Kanelli? I'm really surprised to hear you say that. It's obviously a difference in culture with the Kid, but I do think he has a point. You may know DK personally, I don't, but what I can say that nearly all of his posts concerning women are detrimental to women and his obvious first thoughts are how they would perform in the sack. I don't believe all men are this way whatever nationality.
Bethsmum

Re: Rise in the number of local spinsters Nov 01, 2010
Bethsmum wrote:You may know DK personally, I don't, but what I can say that nearly all of his posts concerning women are detrimental to women and his obvious first thoughts are how they would perform in the sack.

And how do you arrive at this conclusion?

Perchance a little substantial evidence might be forthcoming?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters Nov 02, 2010
BM, that is utter nonsense. DK posts on all kinds of topics unrelated to s.e.x, and when he does makes a bit of playful s.e.xual banter it is with people he has met and who know how to take the joke. Please explain to me how his description of Emirati women was supposedly "treating them like meat".

And yes, deep down I DO think that all men think of women as se.x objects. Some keep it more quiet, some vocalize it, some physically treat women like that. Making women cover completely, or encouraging them to show lots of skin are both evidence - just opposite ends of the spectrum.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

It a very pessimistic view but I agree with kanelli.
Typically, women can survive without s.e.x, but crave intimacy (love).
Men can survive without intimacy, but think of s.e.x. very often.
Trying to deny/subdue this is futile.
Stephen Fry alluded to this also but managed to get the feminists quite upset:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... y-sex.html
benwj

kanelli wrote:And yes, deep down I DO think that all men think of women as se.x objects.

I object!

kanelli wrote: Making women cover completely, or encouraging them to show lots of skin are both evidence - just opposite ends of the spectrum.

The hijab is based on the notion that men are pigs.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

benwj I checked out that article. Germaine Greer nailed when she said, "“Stephen Fry is clearly under a delusion that he is an authority on female s.exu.ality. Well, if he thinks that women are not interested in ge.nital encounters with total strangers then he is absolutely right. But to conclude that we are therefore uninterested in s.ex is madness.

“It is true that men have an interest in a kind of s.ex which women find infinitely depressing, and it’s true that women really don’t want to hang around toilets hoping that someone will come along and play with their bits. That is not what passion is about for us and we would be placing ourselves in mortal danger if it was.

“Women have an idea of passion which men like Stephen can’t even begin to imagine. What women yearn for is intimacy. The fact that for women s.ex is an integral part of closeness doesn’t mean we are any less interested in it.’ "

Flying Dutchman, Hijab is about possessing women and not wanting them to be s.exu.ally objectified by others she doesn't belong to e.g. father or husband. Encouraging women to dress in next to nothing is about men pinning women's self esteem on their desirableness by men. The men get eye candy and hopefully a larger pool of women who may make themselves s.exu.ally available to them. In the end we are all se.x.ual animals, and women do have a desire to be attractive the same way that men do, but women also want to be respected and taken seriously as an important 50% of the population. For some reason men can be attractive and respected and taken seriously, but this isn't always reciprocated to women.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Rise in the number of local spinsters Nov 02, 2010
I could be wrong, but I am under the assumption that the majority of women (especially the ones already in a relationship) dress up nice, not so much for men, but to for other women (to make them envy).
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

kanelli, I haven't met a woman either who didn't enjoy it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, Germaine nailed it and gave poor Stephen Fry a roasting.
benwj

kanelli wrote:benwj I checked out that article. Germaine Greer nailed when she said, "“Stephen Fry is clearly under a delusion that he is an authority on female s.exu.ality. Well, if he thinks that women are not interested in ge.nital encounters with total strangers then he is absolutely right. But to conclude that we are therefore uninterested in s.ex is madness.

“It is true that men have an interest in a kind of s.ex which women find infinitely depressing, and it’s true that women really don’t want to hang around toilets hoping that someone will come along and play with their bits. That is not what passion is about for us and we would be placing ourselves in mortal danger if it was.

“Women have an idea of passion which men like Stephen can’t even begin to imagine. What women yearn for is intimacy. The fact that for women s.ex is an integral part of closeness doesn’t mean we are any less interested in it.’ "

Flying Dutchman, Hijab is about possessing women and not wanting them to be s.exu.ally objectified by others she doesn't belong to e.g. father or husband. Encouraging women to dress in next to nothing is about men pinning women's self esteem on their desirableness by men. The men get eye candy and hopefully a larger pool of women who may make themselves s.exu.ally available to them. In the end we are all se.x.ual animals, and women do have a desire to be attractive the same way that men do, but women also want to be respected and taken seriously as an important 50% of the population. For some reason men can be attractive and respected and taken seriously, but this isn't always reciprocated to women.

Good find and well said. It's an ongoing education to the male species. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Flying Dutchman wrote:I could be wrong, but I am under the assumption that the majority of women (especially the ones already in a relationship) dress up nice, not so much for men, but to for other women (to make them envy).

First of all, dressing nice doesn't mean dressing skimpy. Perhaps there are some women who want to make other women envious, but I don't know many women who fit that description.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I had a discussion with hubby recently about women wearing headscarves and the way they dress.

Head covered - check
Arms covered - check
Legs covered - check

Long dress, low cut neckline, clinging to body - What??
Tight sweater, very tight jeans = What??

Just today I saw a girl with a black clinging dress that outlined her entire body form. Could see her underwear outline. She had on a small sweater top with long sleeves and wearing a headscarf. So, the headscarf sends one message, while the clothing sends another. It was like being "a little bit pregnant". :lol: Either you are or you aren't, which is it???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Rise in the number of local spinsters Nov 03, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:You may know DK personally, I don't, but what I can say that nearly all of his posts concerning women are detrimental to women and his obvious first thoughts are how they would perform in the sack.

And how do you arrive at this conclusion?

Perchance a little substantial evidence might be forthcoming?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

Well I can only say it's the impression you have given me and the UAEkid, apparantly. I suppose it's the rules you posted once about having a girl friend, all the rules being in your favour and no consideration for the female. The way you are always leering after Kanelli and Chocs, the references to them in bikinis, I get the impression your tongue is licking the screen as you type. Your refernce to 'plumage' and I think we all know you weren't refering to diamantes, and I think you once refered to your throbbing part, errrr, minging. Sorry, but that's how you come over. Not that you give a toss about what I think, but you did ask.

-- Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:14 am --

kanelli wrote:BM, that is utter nonsense. DK posts on all kinds of topics unrelated to s.e.x, and when he does makes a bit of playful s.e.xual banter it is with people he has met and who know how to take the joke. Please explain to me how his description of Emirati women was supposedly "treating them like meat".

And yes, deep down I DO think that all men think of women as se.x objects. Some keep it more quiet, some vocalize it, some physically treat women like that. Making women cover completely, or encouraging them to show lots of skin are both evidence - just opposite ends of the spectrum.

I understand how you say that's nonsense, like I said I presume you know him, I don't, but that's how he comes over. I get that someone can give a bad impression, just look at me! LOL.

If you say all men do think of women as s.e.x objects does that go for your family members husbands and the like? Surely you have relationships with men, say at work, where they don't view you like that?

-- Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:17 am --

benwj wrote:kanelli, I haven't met a woman either who didn't enjoy it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, Germaine nailed it and gave poor Stephen Fry a roasting.

I don't think it's all about love and companionship with women. Some just like to get down and dirty with a man with no strings attached occasionally.
Bethsmum

Re: Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters Nov 03, 2010
Yes, ALL men can se.xually fantasize about any woman they find attractive, even if it is just her pretty face, they use their imagination for the rest. I've been treated like a proper coworker by men, and I have no idea if they have fantasized about me in particular. I've had some men look at me or joke with me in inappropriate ways, even when wearing long sleeves and long pants... I dress appropriately for my culture. I sometimes show my arms from the shoulder and my legs below the knees. No spaghetti straps in public, no mini-skirts, no cleavage. Of course some may say that showing arms and bottoms of legs is skimpy attire.

DK has never seen me in a bikini in person. (Likely only a Facebook pic of me in a tankini when 9 months pregnant with my first.) You are talking about one thread about women being their most beautiful around 31 yrs old and DK was not inappropriate with me. When we have met he's been a complete gentleman. If he has ever fantasized about me, that is his private thoughts. Alexander Skarsgard doesn't need to know about the naughty fantasies I've had of him, does he? If I say that DK is hot and his girlfriend is a lucky woman, am I being a pervert to him?

Of course some women just want flings and not companionship, but the difference is that they don't go to public bathrooms in parks and stick their bits through holes in the wall.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Like I said, it's the way he portrays himself, a lecherous man is someone who leers at people with the sole thought of sex on his mind. usually dribbles and has manic glints in his eyes. ...
Bethsmum

Re: Rise In The Number Of Local Spinsters Nov 03, 2010
Well, you are entitled to your own fantasies of DK. ;)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thanks but I'll give that one a body swerve, I am in no doubt that he will feel the same :bounce:
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance