Put My Life ON HOLD For THE ONE?

Topic locked
put my life ON HOLD for THE ONE? May 17, 2006
today one of my good friends saied to me: u waist ur time and the best years in keeping urself away from dateing! i realised that there was some truth in her words: i dont like to go out with all the men who ask me! i just can't seem to find one that would make it worth it to invest time and feelings: i know what i want from a man and from a relationship just i dont understand why is it so hard to spot one compatible to my wishes...even if i am not searching for mrPERFECT, my friend saied that i should low a bit my standards! so what than???
my q would be: should i follow my friend's advice and low my standards regarding men or i should just wait and keep tha RADAR on until i will find the one and go for it?

alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: put my life ON HOLD for THE ONE? May 17, 2006
alexandra wrote:today one of my good friends saied to me: u waist ur time and the best years in keeping urself away from dateing! i realised that there was some truth in her words: i dont like to go out with all the men who ask me! i just can't seem to find one that would make it worth it to invest time and feelings: i know what i want from a man and from a relationship just i dont understand why is it so hard to spot one compatible to my wishes...even if i am not searching for mrPERFECT, my friend saied that i should low a bit my standards! so what than???
my q would be: should i follow my friend's advice and low my standards regarding men or i should just wait and keep tha RADAR on until i will find the one and go for it?

By the way " what are your standards for guy " :roll:

Guys always need a place and girls always need a reason , so you better wait :wink:

Where is this country Romania ? I mean where in E. Europe :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:
alexandra wrote:today one of my good friends saied to me: u waist ur time and the best years in keeping urself away from dateing! i realised that there was some truth in her words: i dont like to go out with all the men who ask me! i just can't seem to find one that would make it worth it to invest time and feelings: i know what i want from a man and from a relationship just i dont understand why is it so hard to spot one compatible to my wishes...even if i am not searching for mrPERFECT, my friend saied that i should low a bit my standards! so what than???

By the way " what are your standards for guy " :roll:

Guys always need a place and girls always need a reason , so you better wait :wink:

Where is this country Romania ? I mean where in E. Europe :roll:

http://images.google.ro/imgres?imgurl=h ... image&cd=3
here u can easily find Romania :wink:
as for the standards regarding men, they r more like intelectual&moral than the phisically part. not to lie, to cheat, to respect& love me: that man who feels me and understands me in my crazy moments, wise and confident and who can bring me peace and comfort by a simple hug!
and guess i will stick with this high-standards :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

hmmm i was guessing that it would be close to Hungry . I never visited E. Europe . Whenever i get time , i take the flight and go to London on weekend :roll: I was thinking to go in Italy ......If i ever plan to come over to Romania , i would let ya know :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:hmmm i was guessing that it would be close to Hungry . I never visited E. Europe . Whenever i get time , i take the flight and go to London on weekend :roll: I was thinking to go in Italy ......If i ever plan to come over to Romania , i would let ya know :P

u r welcome any time HP and if u ever decide to come, let me know and i will help u with all the info and other suff u may need. there r a lot of nice places to visit and i will be happy to show u arround :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 17, 2006
should i follow my friend's advice and low my standards regarding men or i should just wait and keep tha RADAR on until i will find the one and go for it?

Well Alexandra, I was watching a series in arabic the other day talking about lovers and how things go wrong with them !! it is like lessons to be learnt!
anyways, there was a girl that had a similar problem about standards and whenever she meets someone and goes out with him she ends up breaking with him and looking for another one !! the way she ended was wasting years of her life, getting old while waiting, and never finding Mr. Perfect !!
My suggestion is to date people or at least socialize more in order to understand people's behavior and be able to re-adjust ur standards.
When it comes to relationships it is a matter or 2 parties, not only 1 ! so in order for the ship to continue sailing they should both re-adjust to a certain level to be able to continue sailing in life.
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 17, 2006
this same friend of mine sent me a joke in my email and she saied be carrefull not to become like this woman:
:arrow: there was a shopping mall that just opened: this was a special mall where all women could find a man to marry: just before steping in there were some rules:
!. this shopping mall has 5 levels and in all of them there r men. u can choose any of them
2. u r not allowed to go back one level
so this woman after reading the rules, she goes in.
1st level: she sees a note: HERE WE HAVE MEN THAT HAVE A GOOD JOB. she decides to go up so she enteres the 2nd level: there was another note: THE MEN HERE, HAVE A JOB AND R GOOD LOOKING. SHe steps to the next floor hoping the characteristics will be more impressive: there she finds another note: THESE MEN HAVE A JOB, THEY R GOOK LOOKING AND LOVE KIDS. same story and she gests to the next one, the 4th where she reads the note: THE MEN HERE HAVE A JOB, R GOOD LOOKING, LOVE KIDS AND THEY HELP ARROUND THE HOUSE. she is so tempted to choose one and go home, but thinking she might find something even better she gets to the next onE, the last where she finds A note in the door: WELCOME: U R THE GUES NO. 31.387.593 THERE IS NO 5TH FLOOR: THIS IS ONLY TO PROUVE THAT WOMEN R IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE and satisfy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: put my life ON HOLD for THE ONE? May 18, 2006
alexandra wrote:u r welcome any time HP and if u ever decide to come, let me know and i will help u with all the info and other suff u may need. there r a lot of nice places to visit and i will be happy to show u arround :wink:

Thanks Alexandra , you are beautiful like your name . In case if ya ever plan to come in Denmark , let me know , i ll show the entire copenhagen and malmo ( city of Sweden , which is 40 minutes by train......over the sea ). Copenhagen is not beautiful city but still ya will see some stuff around in my company :P

I asked my daddy (arnigang) to come over here , it takes only 60 minutes by air from London but he never pay attention. I will afford accomondation and all his expenditure .......( except drinking).
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:
alexandra wrote:u r welcome any time HP and if u ever decide to come, let me know and i will help u with all the info and other suff u may need. there r a lot of nice places to visit and i will be happy to show u arround :wink:

Thanks Alexandra , you are beautiful like your name . In case if ya ever plan to come in Denmark , let me know , i ll show the entire copenhagen and malmo ( city of Sweden , which is 40 minutes by train......over the sea ). Copenhagen is not beautiful city but still ya will see some stuff around in my company :P

I asked my daddy (arnigang) to come over here , it takes only 60 minutes by air from London but he never pay attention. I will afford accomondation and all his expenditure .......( except drinking).

:shock: beautiful? lol HP, man u r good for my ego! kind of u to say that!
and as for ur daddy arnie, well i will try to put a good word for u.... :lol:
if i ever decide to visit Denmark for sure i will let u know! :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

I think i met with some romanian when i went to Greece Cyprus to study in quite early age . After couple of months , i went back to Pakistan because i was missing my mother :P ....

By the way what is your relation with Dubai? whats bring you to the web site of Dubai? .......

I have daddy and unlce ( Dubai knight ) here :oops: . My aunti Kenlli is also member of this forum.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:I think i met with some romanian when i went to Greece Cyprus to study in quite early age . After couple of months , i went back to Pakistan because i was missing my mother :P ....

By the way what is your relation with Dubai? whats bring you to the web site of Dubai? .......

I have daddy and unlce ( Dubai knight ) here :oops: . My aunti Kenlli is also member of this forum.

me and Dubai never met, lol but i call it "my love" cause i find it amazing, like the place i always wanted to live in. the only non virtual connection with Dubai was a man i was in a relationship with, the love for him faded and my love for dubai expanded hehe :lol:
i found the DF by mistake i wanted to click on a site with dubai pictures and i found this, next second i registered and here i am!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

me and Dubai never met, lol but i call it "my love" cause i find it amazing, like the place i always wanted to live in. the only non virtual connection with Dubai was a man i was in a relationship with, the love for him faded and my love for dubai expanded hehe :lol:
i found the DF by mistake i wanted to click on a site with dubai pictures and i found this, next second i registered and here i am!

last year i when i was working on my master theis, i went to Dubai for work.....just spent few months of summer. Place is amazing but still it hurts when ya see the people working above the temperature of 40 C and still dont get paid. Thats the ugly side of a beautiful girl.

I have decided to spend my honey moon in Dubai :P But first let me find a girl ........ :roll: Oh i tried to find the job in Dubai but i am not that qualified you see :P ...........

what don ya study by the way?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 18, 2006
what do i study?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2006
Dacus wrote:Alexandra if you want to find a lover look around you. He could be next to you but you like to live in a dream. Do you really know what do you want? I think you do not know! Do you want do be the 5th wife of a man somewhere in far east? Maybe you need a shock to get to real life!

And so you guess that YOU do know what she wants? A lover but not a man from Middle East in any case: they all have 5 wives & treat women as inferior creatures /got from another post of yours/ What you say is crap.

Alexandra, you should date /I`m agree with Palkid/ & "keep tha RADAR on until you will find the one". To re-adjust standards is not to low standards. While you are talking to yourself about this you can only to low `em but just you begin to talk to someone - you adjust. And, until feelings are not involved in this choice it will not be done & will not be right.
Douce`Amere
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2006
alexandra wrote:what do i study?

Alexndara the great........ yes , you are right :P ......

Can ya upload the pictutre if any romanian person? i wana see how don they look like .

daddy can ya show her my picture :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 18, 2006
Douce`Amere wrote:
Dacus wrote:Alexandra if you want to find a lover look around you. He could be next to you but you like to live in a dream. Do you really know what do you want? I think you do not know! Do you want do be the 5th wife of a man somewhere in far east? Maybe you need a shock to get to real life!

And so you guess that YOU do know what she wants? A lover but not a man from Middle East in any case: they all have 5 wives & treat women as inferior creatures /got from another post of yours/ What you say is crap.

Alexandra, you should date /I`m agree with Palkid/ & "keep tha RADAR on until you will find the one". To re-adjust standards is not to low standards. While you are talking to yourself about this you can only to low `em but just you begin to talk to someone - you adjust. And, until feelings are not involved in this choice it will not be done & will not be right.

thanks D'A i thought so also, but i do like to have more points of view, sometimes u get some good ideas or an advice coming from a strange person is more objective...just i have to select the right ones to follow, lol :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 20, 2006
alexandra wrote:

dacus, my dear i do know what i want and for sure u r in no position to judge that, no ofense! my wish is not to find a lover cause i am not a desperate case, if i wanted that i would have get it, my wish is to find the one for me, the one that completes me in all ways> and for ur gereral knowledge muslim men can have max. 4 wifes not 5 as u saied. and if my soul mate is a man form the MID.EAST i will go for it in a heart beat...maybe u should read more about their culture , religion, and habbits, just a simple friendly advice :wink:

I am really happy that someone from a different culture would defend
ours :oops: :oops: !!! I really don't know what to say but thank u . :oops:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 21, 2006
I am really impressed Alexandra, it ssems that u have been reading alot about Isalm !!
I really respect that ! :salute:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 21, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:I am really impressed Alexandra, it ssems that u have been reading alot about Isalm !!
I really respect that ! :salute:

Thank u Palkid, yes i have been reading a lot about the topic because i find it interesting and also cause i have friends who r muslims and i wanted to explore more the topic. i read the Holy Quran, translated in romanian but i heared that no matter how good is the translation the best one is the arabic version ( :cry: and i don't speak arabic at all). i am not tha religious type, but there was something that kept me on that idea to understand the concept, also cause i heared a lot of crap like islam means terror, the muslim woman is a slave ( the kind of crap Dacus is posting) and ppl who use the islam terms like jihad in a wrong way in order to manipulate! and this is one of the things i can't stand , to be manipulated! :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 22, 2006
Well, I do have a research done by "ME" :D about the misconception of the term Jihad I would be happy to send it to u ! if u r interested !?
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 22, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Well, I do have a research done by "ME" :D about the misconception of the term Jihad I would be happy to send it to u ! if u r interested !?

sure i am interested! send it on ale21@takemail.com or rafa_alexandra@yahoo.com! and anything u have about this topic! :wink:
thanks a lot :)
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 22, 2006
Alexandra and the bunch, get out and catch it while u are alive.
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 22, 2006
makhan wrote:Alexandra and the bunch, get out and catch it while u are alive.

could u do me a favour and be more explicit about " get out and catch it while u r alive" i am affraid i missed ur point in that :shock:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 23, 2006
I think he means dont bother waiting, just get out and enjoy life

( "get out" as in clubs/bars etc)
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:I think he means dont bother waiting, just get out and enjoy life

( "get out" as in clubs/bars etc)

thanks arnie :wink:
i am getting old i guess... :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance