Kisses

Topic locked
Kisses Aug 02, 2011
There are so many different kind of kisses, meaning different things in different situations. Lately I have been confronted with kisses that made me think what does it mean?
Especially last weekend, while kissing goodbye, I felt a ladies tongue on my lips (this was not my wife). This cannot be an accident right? Kiss with tonque is intimate everywhere, right? This is the wife of a very good friend. I told him and he says, "oh I know, she can very open this way with friends" :shock: In my book kiss with tongue is intimate and more than being very friendly.
My aunt always gets my cheeks and than pulls my face towards her and gives me a big wet smack on my lips (without tongue). After kiss with tongue, kiss on lips is the next intimate thing IMO, and donot like it when she does it, or any other family matter for that matter. Does your family kiss you on your lips? Kiss on lips within friends of opposite sexes is okay on my part. For me, its a sign of a very close friendship and not intimacy. Or do you disagree?
With friends of opposite se.x I especially like the blow-of-the-hand-kiss.
With kisses on the cheeks I noticed that I always give an odd number of kisses, 1 or 3. Some people just give cheek kisses at every possible occasion it seems. I only like it from people I am good with. At work for example at birthdays everybody seems to expect cheek kisses, even the archive lady in the cellar that I never see. Do you cheek kiss everybody, or are you carefull with it?
In some countries even men try to cheek kiss me, I donot like it. I appreciate an occasional male hug, but not a cheek kiss. I think women donot mind cheek kisses from other women in general, for men its different.

What do you think about all these different kisses?

P.S. diseases are more frequently exchanged with hand shakes than kisses. Nothing worse by the way than a sweety loose male hand shake, but that might be for another topic: different kind of hand shakes and how a hand shake might interact with a kiss.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Kisses Aug 02, 2011
Well it's very rarely that I kiss family, friends or aquaintences and certainly not work mates, except at Christmas and after a shed load of drink, and then only my boss, because he's fit.
If someone went to kiss me then I would go along with it for fear of being rude and not wishing to offend them but I wouldn't instigate it, I don't think.
When someone kisses me on the cheek, I never know whether they are going in for one, two or three and I have been known to head butt someone by mistake.

I was in the Hilton once, with Mr Emirati when some arab came in and greeted him by kissing him full on the lips. Errrr! I couldn't help myself and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, like Beth used to do when she was 5.

I don't like sweaty palms either.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Kisses Aug 02, 2011
Kisses on the mouth from family? Blurgh From male friends? Possibly acceptable.

Never know how many cheeks kisses to do, usually 2 or 3.

Wet, limp handshakes are vile.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Kisses Aug 03, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:I was in the Hilton once, with Mr Emirati when some arab came in and greeted him by kissing him full on the lips.

I have witnessed this only at WTC Dubai. I thought I saw Arab men kissing each other full on the mouth, but I think they also might have been nose kissing each other. Maybe both.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:I was in the Hilton once, with Mr Emirati when some arab came in and greeted him by kissing him full on the lips.

I have witnessed this only at WTC Dubai. I thought I saw Arab men kissing each other full on the mouth, but I think they also might have been nose kissing each other. Maybe both.

The nose thing is pretty common.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:The nose thing is pretty common.

Damn right! I've just looked round my office and every one has one!

Oh you are funny Chocs! :D (See, I'm getting in the zone :D )
I don't know how I'd get one with the nose kissing thing, my nose is always cold! Not running just freezing to the touch.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:The nose thing is pretty common.

Damn right! I've just looked round my office and every one has one!

Oh you are funny Chocs! :D (See, I'm getting in the zone :D )
I don't know how I'd get one with the nose kissing thing, my nose is always cold! Not running just freezing to the touch.

LOL as far as I'm aware the nose kisswing is purely between men, never seen it done man to woman, or woman to woman.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Going to be interesting to see how long this new "friendship" will last. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Its called a Kha'shm and its just touching on the noses, not full on kisses ! eww ! During the time I lived in the freej on Eid I would greet all my local pals like that.

Miss those days, now this place is all so plasticky one does not know who his neighbour even is.
desertdudeshj

Re: Kisses Aug 04, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Its called a Kha'shm and its just touching on the noses, not full on kisses ! eww ! During the time I lived in the freej on Eid I would greet all my local pals like that.

Miss those days, now this place is all so plasticky one does not know who his neighbour even is.

Hey munchkin! I wonder if you know my mate? He lives in Disco Gardens aswell! He won't do man on man tho! He's strictly a ladies man :D

-- Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:27 am --

Chocoholic wrote:LOL as far as I'm aware the nose kisswing is purely between men, never seen it done man to woman, or woman to woman.

Kisswing? Do you have a lisp Chocs?
Bethsmum

Re: Kisses Aug 04, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Its called a Kha'shm and its just touching on the noses, not full on kisses ! eww ! During the time I lived in the freej on Eid I would greet all my local pals like that.

Is there a particular reason behind that DDS? Just curious.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Kisses Aug 07, 2011
alright, who wants a big wet one muah muah muah :D
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Kisses Aug 08, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:Especially last weekend, while kissing goodbye, I felt a ladies tongue on my lips (this was not my wife). This cannot be an accident right? Kiss with tonque is intimate everywhere, right? This is the wife of a very good friend.

Flying Dutchman wrote:In some countries even men try to cheek kiss me, I donot like it.

Quit bragging Dutchman!!!

Flying Dutchman wrote:P.S. diseases are more frequently exchanged with hand shakes than kisses. Nothing worse by the way than a sweety loose male hand shake, but that might be for another topic: different kind of hand shakes and how a hand shake might interact with a kiss.

Could be hyperhydrois too you know
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Kisses Aug 15, 2011
good ol hugs are the best real and heart felt...kiss on the cheek feels so plastic and then there is the count problem!!

if the person male or female isnt that close i'd stick to a wave or a handshake.....

:shock:

-- Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:59 am --

and then i came across this one.....to add to the topic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7jkuRv ... page#t=60s
fahim007
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Kisses Sep 22, 2011
Okay, there is no doubt about it your friend's wife is just plain dodgy! A kiss on the mouth with tongue? That is just wrong on sooo many levels. The fact she is married should have stopped her and on top of that her husband is your FRIEND?! But I guess the fact that he is so blasé about speaks volumes, maybe they have an understanding.

As for kissing on the mouth, I'm a woman and in my culture it is normal for family members and close family friends to kiss you on the mouth (very short, closed mouth kiss) most especially when greeting or bidding farewell to an elderly or an elderly with another elderly. The only men who can kiss you on the mouth as a greeting (even that is quite rare you would have had to not seen him in a really long time) is a close elderly male family member (like your grandfather) but some of my mom's male friends have tried to get away with this one but I always pull away just in time. Men in my culture don't kiss they hug. My friends and I as well as with my younger cousins don't mouth kiss each other (but when we are older we will probably end up doing it) we only hug and we only cheek kiss on special occasions as a way to say congratulations (e.g. Marriage)
BlackBeauty101
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Kisses Sep 22, 2011
In the Arabic culture kisses are okay between men, not talking about hot, flaming kisses with tongues and stuff of course :D

Emaraties have this weird nose kiss, they just touch noses and send kisses across!!! so their lips don't actually touch! but anyways, if this is what makes them happy :P

Where I come from in the levant region, it's normal ... you should see when there is a social gathering with hundreds of people and you have to go on kissing for five hours and end up with dry, tied up lips, that is torture!!!
idawood
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Kisses Oct 14, 2011
I have my doubts that you are model material, luv.
Bethsmum

Re: Kisses Apr 20, 2012
desertdudeshj , i just saw your signature animation.. n i must say its eww gross.. its funny in the start.. but when the blood spills and eyes come out.. ewww it becomes freakyy!!!!! plz change it
Bizemirates
BANNED

Re: Kisses May 07, 2012
i prefare hug than having kiss
Abdulla5
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Kisses May 07, 2012
I'm with you Abdulla.
mikehunt
BANNED

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance