Friend As A Lover Or Lover As A Friend ?

Topic locked
Friend As A Lover Or Lover As A Friend ? Dec 03, 2007
Am I going overboard about this whole love/friendship and relationship thing? That’s okay, I want to write till I’m totally done with it, once and for all! By the way, which is the right way? Friends to lovers or lovers to friends & does the vica-versa happen at all!

‘Friends’ to ‘Lover’ is quite possible (I think this is the best form of love, I really love the concept of marrying someone whom you know for long and the other person appreciates you for what you are). Of course, I always say marriage and love is a matter of trial and error! You never even the best of friends can go wrong!

‘Lovers’ to ‘Friends’ – may be not! I have often read & seen interviews of celebrities after their divorces who claim, ‘we’ll always be friends…’!!! Well, well, I don’t know what to say! What a clichéd this statement is! Isn’t there bitterness in these kinds of relationships when try to take a ‘U’ turn?

Basically, expectations change, priorities change, you really don’t have a say on the other person anymore, you are no more their priority, and you are no more ‘the’ person for them! So, what’s the point in going back to them as friends? Nothing can hurt more than the fact that you’ll not the same attention from them as before!
So… what’s the conclusion?

No matter how many times you would have failed in these relationships, you move on in life… without looking back, in search of new friends, totally ignoring your past… Is that fair! Coming back to my original question, can love really happen so many times??????? :?:

abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 04, 2007
Do you know what love is?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Dec 04, 2007
BabyDoll wrote:Do you know what love is?

I sure do ...
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 08, 2007
seems like to me that you already done answerd your own question lil homie ...

or maybe you just using the british way of asking a question .. that is by answering the question yourself an still expecting an answer for it too.

eg be Nice day , is'nt it? or where you from?jamaica.

but check this though .. in life we always live for improvment and we regret anything but that... so going from friend to a lover thats an improvment .. but a lover to a friend that my lil-homie be a regret ..

and no love cant really happen so many times .. love is just but once .. after that or before that it just might be an infatuation or just might be havin a really heavy sac that got u feelin soo hormonal that you think you inlove again .. offloadin the load usually reveals the reality.. or maybe u just be lustin
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 16, 2007
i believe that friendship can turn into love.... very deep love.... from my experience.... i fell in love with one of my best friends for the last 8 yrs and now we are going to get married..... and i feel on top of the world....

but one thing i cant understand is how love can change into friendship... never been able to... and from what little of the world tht i have seen, it seems to me that girls are more capable of this than guys..... in many cases, its jujst like pressing a button and voila.... love turns into friendship.... beats me how it does though....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2007
SparHawk wrote:i believe that friendship can turn into love.... very deep love.... from my experience.... i fell in love with one of my best friends for the last 8 yrs and now we are going to get married..... and i feel on top of the world....

but one thing i cant understand is how love can change into friendship... never been able to... and from what little of the world tht i have seen, it seems to me that girls are more capable of this than guys..... in many cases, its jujst like pressing a button and voila.... love turns into friendship.... beats me how it does though....

Lucky bas####rd !! :D Congrats for that.. n keep up the spirit man.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 16, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
SparHawk wrote:i believe that friendship can turn into love.... very deep love.... from my experience.... i fell in love with one of my best friends for the last 8 yrs and now we are going to get married..... and i feel on top of the world....

Lucky bas####rd !! :D Congrats for that.. n keep up the spirit man.

thanks friend....
SparHawk
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 17, 2007
I like friends with benefits ;-)
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 17, 2007
F*ck buddies...so much simpler!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight