Whatever Happened To Hamza Kashgari?

Topic locked
Whatever happened to Hamza Kashgari? Mar 22, 2012
I'm just wondering where that tweeter and journalist Hamza Kashgari disappeared of to. He was involved in a huge controversy over his string of tweets supposedly 'insulting' Islam. These were his posts. .

“On your birthday, I will say that I have loved the rebel in you, that you’ve always been a source of inspiration to me, and that I do not like the halos of divinity around you. I shall not pray for you,” he wrote in one tweet.

“On your birthday, I find you wherever I turn. I will say that I have loved aspects of you, hated others, and could not understand many more,” he wrote in a second.

“On your birthday, I shall not bow to you. I shall not kiss your hand. Rather, I shall shake it as equals do, and smile at you as you smile at me. I shall speak to you as a friend, no more,” he concluded in a third.
Anyway, his posts created immense hatred among the Saudis. There was even a page called "We want the execution of Hamza Kashgari." That attracted around few thousands of people. He tried to flee to New Zealand for political asylum, but was caught in Malaysia and deported back to Saudi Arabia. If I should know the corrupt political system of that country any better, that poor bloke should be pushing daisies. If he ended up being executed, that would come as no surprise to me anyway. "Freedom of speech" and "Democracy" are the Saudi four lettered words. It still amazes Me how people manage to live in that country without going insane.
Nothing outrageous about this, just viewing things from his prospective.

prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk