What Happened....

Topic locked
what happened.... May 29, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/movie ... .html?_r=1

i didn't know whether to post it in politics or not.... what happened to freedom of speech :s

Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: what happened.... May 29, 2011
so let me get this straight. A person jokes that he is nazi and they ban him from an event. OK fair enough considering so many had suffered in the hands of the nazis.

But when someone jokes about Mohammad (pbuh) on facebook, there is no banning nothing no nothing.

lol :D what a focking world we live in where we have double standards
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: What Happened.... May 29, 2011
well, the example you gave wasn't what in my head, but the double triple standards of dealing with things are the point...

but I think FB does close some of the hate pages (sometimes)...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

1) Cannes, as far as I know, isn't part of the government. Chalking this up as government censorship is as accurate as saying the government persecutes Left wing activists if one isn't allowed to express their views inside a citizen's own home.

(in other words, it would be like saying Egypt or Dubai do not tolerate other religions if you didn't allow someone to open a temple in your own backyard)

2) France - and all of Europe - restrict political speech, as the case against Geert Wilders proves. So, no. Europe is not a bastion of free speech.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

event horizon wrote:1) Cannes, as far as I know, isn't part of the government. Chalking this up as government censorship is as accurate as saying the government persecutes Left wing activists if one isn't allowed to express their views inside a citizen's own home.

(in other words, it would be like saying Egypt or Dubai do not tolerate other religions if you didn't allow someone to open a temple in your own backyard)

2) France - and all of Europe - restrict political speech, as the case against Geert Wilders proves. So, no. Europe is not a bastion of free speech.

"western" people are always good at blaming others whenever they get cornered.

1. lol so if you joke about hitler and nazir you become a LEFT winger..... good one.

2. And when you have nothing else to say you will blame all your problems on the french and the EU :D I guess thats why UK shouldnt be part of EU than!! :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: what happened.... May 30, 2011
event horizon wrote:1) Cannes, as far as I know, isn't part of the government. Chalking this up as government censorship is as accurate as saying the government persecutes Left wing activists if one isn't allowed to express their views inside a citizen's own home.

any European wanna respond to that, as for Egypt, you know EH I am all the way behind you :D ...

But EH, you used to write better than that, honestly I feel your thoughts aren't organized in this post...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:But EH, you used to write better than that, honestly I feel your thoughts aren't organized in this post...

Thats called cut and paste :D
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

rudeboy wrote:"western" people are always good at blaming others whenever they get cornered.

When somebody dislikes the western way of life so much, they should be a man and give up the British passport p.e., or live as a giant hypocrite otherwise.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: What Happened.... May 30, 2011
what western way of life has to do with blaming others!
and what does passport has to do with western way of life!
and what passport has to do with hypocrite!

is the train faster or is the palm longer :s
but RD, can't generalize ...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: What Happened.... May 30, 2011
Mahmoud04 wrote:what western way of life has to do with blaming others!
and what does passport has to do with western way of life!
and what passport has to do with hypocrite!

is the train faster or is the palm longer :s
but RD, can't generalize ...

DK?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
rudeboy wrote:"western" people are always good at blaming others whenever they get cornered.

When somebody dislikes the western way of life so much, they should be a man and give up the British passport p.e., or live as a giant hypocrite otherwise.

and what exactly is the western way of life than? racism? double standards? unfair laws? lol you calling me a hypocrite. Son Hitler was a baby but have a look at your WESTERN way of life and their laws and you will see Hitler was nothing compared to you lot!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

And still holding a british passport I am sure... And still wondering why British society doesnot accept "people" like you...
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:And still holding a british passport I am sure... And still wondering why British society doesnot accept "people" like you...

they will accept "people" like us because we pay the bloody tax, still get knifed by a drunk lunatic at night. And we have to bear with laws such as NO scarfs allowed!!!
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk