What's Happened To Emma?

Topic locked
What's Happened to Emma? Feb 07, 2012
I wonder what has happened to Emma, the girl born in London and sent to a private school and who had a promising career with the merchant bankers JP Morgan?

The British-born wife of Syria's president has spoken for the first time since the country’s uprising began last March.
In a carefully worded email, Asma Assad appears to offer full support to her husband Bashar as his security forces try to crush the opposition.
'The President is the President of Syria, not a faction of Syrians, and the First Lady supports him in that role,' she told The Times.
'These days she is equally involved in bridging gaps and encouraging dialogue. She listens to and comforts the families of the victims of the violence.'
Mrs Assad, 36, approved the text following a critical article in the newspaper last week.
It had asked what an educated woman, raised in liberal Britain and with a long record of good works, must think of the slaughter, torture and imprisonment of thousands.
But her statement that she was comforting the bereaved was greeted with anger by Syrian experts and opposition activists.
They said she had an 'ostrich attitude' and was delusional.

She's listening to the victims of violence whilst her husband celebrates the birthday of Muhammed and orders the bombing of Homs and kills hundreds of his own people.

Well done Emma! Keep up the good work!

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: What's Happened to Emma? Feb 07, 2012
I feel sorry for the president Assad as neither the military nor the government is under his control, he, as an individual is a nice guy without the face of politics..Unfortunately he too has been serving as a puppet that's why he can't take decisive actions other than watching military executions..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: What's Happened To Emma? Feb 08, 2012
I wonder if the people of Homs will join in your sympathy for the dictator Assad, Berrin?

It isn't him who is worthy of your sympathy but the hundreds of families left bereaved during the uprising.

I hope he meets the same end as Saddam Hussain and we'll see if Emma heads home to London. Her family home has been targeted by people throwing red paint etc for the past eleven months.

I hadn't realised until I heard it on the news tonight that her family was originally from Homs. Her father is a heart surgeon with a practice in Harley Street.

Her dad saves people and her husband murders them.

Stand by your man Emma, for the time being at least.
Bethsmum

Berrin wrote: as an individual is a nice guy

He is a cold blooded butcher, that's what he is.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Gee, a cold blooded butcher wouldn't be praised by a nation of people before this uprising took place.. At least that's what the previous polls would tell you about him.

When you're running a country under such oppressed regimes presidential power means absoulety nothing. There is always this shadow clandestine state which operates within the army and the government, your immediate, alternative directives resolves nothing other than endless row and opposition.

What I don't understand is what holds him back to stay in power, why can't he step down...
I guess because he is a puppet there must be enormous pressure on him by those that prefers status quo to continue..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:I guess because he is a puppet there must be enormous pressure on him by those that prefers status quo to continue..

Russia and China.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Berrin wrote:why can't he step down...

Because he is a power crazed dictator.

BBC reports 48 killed today in Homs, including children.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk