Underwear Bomber Pleads Guilty.

Topic locked
Underwear Bomber Pleads Guilty. Oct 13, 2011
If it wasn't so serious an attempt to kill 289 people on an International flight from Amsterdam to Detroit, you would have to laugh at this buffoon.

He was preparing to die and enter heaven," Tukel said. "He purified himself. He washed. He brushed his teeth. He put on perfume."

After returning to his seat, Abdulmutallab pushed a syringe plunger into the chemical bomb, an action that produced a loud "pop" sound, then flames and smoke, the prosecutor said.

"Then all hell broke loose. While the fireball was on him, the defendant sat there. He didn't move. He was expressionless. He was completely blank," Tukel said.

What a total nutter. He sets his private parts on fire and doesn't flinch :shock:

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the man accused of trying to blow up Northwest Flight 253 on Christmas Day 2009 with a bomb in his underpants, sat expressionless as shocked passengers shouted at him, “Your pants are on fire,” according to testimony today, the first day of the trial of the so-called Underwear Bomber.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Tuckel described Abdulmattab as an alleged al Qaeda member who calmly attempted to blow up the plane and then sat expressionless while his underwear burned because he had fully accepted his mission of martyrdom.

“His mission, his goal, was to blow it up,” Tuckel said during his opening statement at the trial in U.S. District Court. “It had to be blown up over U.S. soil.”

Abdulmutallab made numerous trips to the bathroom and prayed and went through rituals before allegedly depressing a plunger on a syringe, setting off a chemical reaction of two high explosives, Tuckel said

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... e-on-fire/

He has now pleaded guilty after telling the Court that the bomb in his pants was a 'blessed weapon to save the lives of innocent muslims'.

A Nigerian man pleaded guilty Wednesday to attempting to bring down an international flight over Detroit with a bomb in his underwear, telling a surprised courtroom on the second day of his trial that the failed attack was retaliation for the killing of Muslims worldwide.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, who had never denied the accusations against him, calmly answered questions from U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds before pleading guilty to all eight charges he faced, including conspiracy to commit terrorism and attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.

He then told the court that the underwear bomb was a "blessed weapon to save the lives of innocent Muslims."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/ ... 9175.shtml

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Underwear Bomber Pleads Guilty. Oct 13, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:If it wasn't so serious an attempt to kill 289 people on an International flight from Amsterdam to Detroit, you would have to laugh at this buffoon.

He was preparing to die and enter heaven," Tukel said. "He purified himself. He washed. He brushed his teeth. He put on perfume."

After returning to his seat, Abdulmutallab pushed a syringe plunger into the chemical bomb, an action that produced a loud "pop" sound, then flames and smoke, the prosecutor said.

"Then all hell broke loose. While the fireball was on him, the defendant sat there. He didn't move. He was expressionless. He was completely blank," Tukel said.

What a total nutter. He sets his private parts on fire and doesn't flinch :shock:

I'm no expert on these matters, but I have got to wonder why he didn't take his nappy off whilst he was making himself beautiful in the toilet (and I thought it was just an arab muslim thing :o ) and detonate it somewhere that might do a bit more damage than to burn his private parts off?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

I totally agree BM and benwj - but thank goodness he was such a doofus. He seems to have come from a good family in Nigeria - and the Nigerians I spoke to there were horrified that this had happened.

And yes, given that he'd got the explosives on board - what's with setting your crotch on fire?

What's puzzling is that there's no shortage of explosives expertise out there - in Afghanistan and Iraq they are killing soldiers with IEDs, Brievik and his friends are managing to make explosives that work from instructions on the internet - so the lack of success from these wannabe jihadists is either they are from the very, very shallow end of the genepool or that somehow Al Qaeda operatives can't make bombs outside of the Middle East. (Remember the shoe bomber - same thing there as well!)

7/7, Madrid and 9/11 look like exceptions - but given the number of numpties out there, it's only a matter of time before some of them get lucky again.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Brievik and his friends are managing to make explosives that work from instructions on the internet - so the lack of success from these wannabe jihadists is either they are from the very, very shallow end of the genepool or that somehow Al Qaeda operatives can't make bombs outside of the Middle East. (Remember the shoe bomber - same thing there as well!)

Do you never take a day off?

I'm sure the 289 people that were on the plane and so nearly lost their lives are comforted by the fact that you are comparing this Muslim terrorist to Brievik who had more success.
Bethsmum

Good. Saved some money for the USA and they need it. Now death penalty (actually carried out) would also help. Don't think the death penalty is an option in this case.

I guess unlike Victoria he could not keep it secret.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Underwear Bomber Pleads Guilty. Oct 14, 2011
Ambassador wrote:Good. Saved some money for the USA and they need it. Now death penalty (actually carried out) would also help. Don't think the death penalty is an option in this case.

I guess unlike Victoria he could not keep it secret.

The last time I looked, Ambassador, Victoria's Secret didn't do man-size diapers.

Shaf's mates must do their shopping on line! (where's my spew smilie?)
Bethsmum

BM, weren't you deeply upset at being called a Nazi? If yes, why do you think it is ok to say that numpty Islamic terrorists are Shaf's mates - insinuating that he is like them? That's a pretty offensive association, just as bad as you being called a Nazi.

Like I said, you have a big issue with others abusing you, but yet here you are being so abusive to others.

What is wrong with you? If you taking shots at others is an attempt to raise your own self-esteem you are failing. It makes you look like a petty and mean human being.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:BM, weren't you deeply upset at being called a Nazi? If yes, why do you think it is ok to say that numpty Islamic terrorists are Shaf's mates - insinuating that he is like them? That's a pretty offensive association, just as bad as you being called a Nazi.

Like I said, you have a big issue with others abusing you, but yet here you are being so abusive to others.

What is wrong with you? If you taking shots at others is an attempt to raise your own self-esteem you are failing. It makes you look like a petty and mean human being.

Remind me, the purpose of your post is???
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

BM - has FD and eh taught you how to take quotes out of context, or do you just do this naturally?

What's bizarre, is that you quoted my words (leaving out the first sentence in the paragraph, first mentioning Iraq and Afghanistan) right below the original quote. Then you feign ignorance about why I compared a failed attempt at making explosives with a person who did it via information on the internet.

I'm agreeing with you that the pants bomber is a numpty. Brievik wasn't, nor are those attacking troops in Afganistan and Iraq.

But at the end of the day, YES - those on the plane should be comforted that it was someone with this numpty's competency on the plane and not someone like Brievik who could follow instructions from the internet - imagine how devastating Brievik could have been if he had been trained in Yemen etc...

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Ambassador wrote:Remind me, the purpose of your post is???

And the purpose of your post is? To silence me? Not going to happen.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Bethsmum wrote:If it wasn't so serious an attempt to kill 289 people on an International flight from Amsterdam to Detroit, you would have to laugh at this buffoon.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the man accused of trying to blow up Northwest Flight 253 on Christmas Day 2009 with a bomb in his underpants, sat expressionless as shocked passengers shouted at him, “Your pants are on fire,” according to testimony today, the first day of the trial of the so-called Underwear Bomber.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Tuckel described Abdulmattab as an alleged al Qaeda member who calmly attempted to blow up the plane and then sat expressionless while his underwear burned because he had fully accepted his mission of martyrdom.

“His mission, his goal, was to blow it up,” Tuckel said during his opening statement at the trial in U.S. District Court. “It had to be blown up over U.S. soil.”

Abdulmutallab made numerous trips to the bathroom and prayed and went through rituals before allegedly depressing a plunger on a syringe, setting off a chemical reaction of two high explosives, Tuckel said

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... e-on-fire/

He has now pleaded guilty after telling the Court that the bomb in his pants was a 'blessed weapon to save the lives of innocent muslims'.

A Nigerian man pleaded guilty Wednesday to attempting to bring down an international flight over Detroit with a bomb in his underwear, telling a surprised courtroom on the second day of his trial that the failed attack was retaliation for the killing of Muslims worldwide.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, who had never denied the accusations against him, calmly answered questions from U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds before pleading guilty to all eight charges he faced, including conspiracy to commit terrorism and attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.

He then told the court that the underwear bomb was a "blessed weapon to save the lives of innocent Muslims."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/ ... 9175.shtml

You are worried about your local friend being discriminative yet most of your posts are aimed at certain nationalities and religions BM !! pick a line ,will you. :wink:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:You are worried about your local friend being discriminative yet most of your posts are aimed at certain nationalities and religions BM !! pick a line ,will you. :wink:

I don't worry about anything uaekid :D Just posting on DF! :wink:

-- Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:46 am --

shafique wrote:BM - has FD and eh taught you how to take quotes out of context, or do you just do this naturally?

What's bizarre, is that you quoted my words (leaving out the first sentence in the paragraph, first mentioning Iraq and Afghanistan) right below the original quote. Then you feign ignorance about why I compared a failed attempt at making explosives with a person who did it via information on the internet.

I'm agreeing with you that the pants bomber is a numpty. Brievik wasn't, nor are those attacking troops in Afganistan and Iraq.

But at the end of the day, YES - those on the plane should be comforted that it was someone with this numpty's competency on the plane and not someone like Brievik who could follow instructions from the internet - imagine how devastating Brievik could have been if he had been trained in Yemen etc...

Cheers,
Shafique

Don't you class all Muslims as your brothers? You sure make veiled attempts at trying to defend them all.

I post about a Muslim pleading guilty in a US Court and you pop up with, yes, but he wasn't as bad as that white fella up the road. :roll:

Do me a favour.
Bethsmum

kanelli wrote:yes, why do you think it is ok to say that numpty Islamic terrorists are Shaf's mates - insinuating that he is like them?

BM must have had her reasons. :D
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

You are horrible people.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Lets not forget the hero in all of this:

"I just jumped, I didn't think," said Dutchman Jasper Schuringa, who has emerged as a Christmas Day hero for his impulsive tackling of a terror suspect who tried to blow up a US-bound airliner.

But if Schuringa's interview with CNN is any indication, he's the one who rescued the plane's 278 other passengers and 11 crew.

"He looked like a normal guy," he said. "It was just hard to believe that he was actually going to, trying to blow up this plane."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iRrwb6g9gp8yz7ZD_4ANTHI94LjA

Dutch people don't like people to try to blow up passenger planes. :D
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bethsmum wrote:I'm sure the 289 people that were on the plane and so nearly lost their lives are comforted by the fact that you are comparing this Muslim terrorist to Brievik who had more success.

Only if the idiot succeeded he would be the "bad" guy. No harm no foul???? :shock:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Who said he wasn't a bad guy? The fact that he was so stupid and didn't know how to make or detonate a bomb properly is a blessing. It is unfortunate that other terrorists have been more successful.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:The fact that he was so stupid and didn't know how to make or detonate a bomb properly is a blessing.

It was a blessing Mr. Schuringa didn't see the terrorist as a numpty and/or made excused for him. He saw a terrorist, jumped, attacked and disabled him.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Someone missed the point. :drunken: :drunken:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Flying Dutchman wrote:
kanelli wrote:The fact that he was so stupid and didn't know how to make or detonate a bomb properly is a blessing.

It was a blessing Mr. Schuringa didn't see the terrorist as a numpty and/or made excused for him. He saw a terrorist, jumped, attacked and disabled him.

So, do you think that if Shaf was there witnessing this numpty attempting to set off his bomb, he wouldn't have done the same thing as Mr. Schuringa?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:So, do you think that if Shaf was there witnessing this numpty attempting to set off his bomb, he wouldn't have done the same thing as Mr. Schuringa?

No, Mr. Schuringa is a fit man. He air-jumped from his chair over other chairs that would make a pro American football player jealous. Shaf's plump body wouldn't be able to do the same for starters.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
kanelli wrote:So, do you think that if Shaf was there witnessing this numpty attempting to set off his bomb, he wouldn't have done the same thing as Mr. Schuringa?

No, Mr. Schuringa is a fit man. He air-jumped from his chair over other chairs that would make a pro American football player jealous. Shaf's plump body wouldn't be able to do the same for starters.

LOL!
Bethsmum

^LOL

I guess Hollywood is working on the film of the heroic Dutchman flying through the air to grab the young Nigerian's crotch. ;)

I guess the serious point that had it been a competent bomber like those MUSLIMS in Afghanistan and Iraq or those nutters such as Brievik, Mr Underpants and fit Dutch guy wouldn't be starring in FD's fantasies - is lost. ;)

Had the wannabe McVeigh been competent, no acrobatics would have stopped him. But hey, I guess we should allow FD a moment to celebrate the achievements of a fellow countryman. Makes a change from inventing reasons to defend Israel. :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I guess Hollywood is working on the film of the heroic Dutchman flying through the air to grab the young Nigerian's crotch. ;)

Sure, minimize to threat of the x-mas bomber, calling him a numpty and trying to ridicule a real modern day hero. Tells exactly were you stand. Fact remains, you couldn't have done what Mr. Schuringa did. You are incapable of that.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

He was a numpty. As was the shoe bomber.

Now what I actually wrote was:
shafique wrote:I totally agree BM and benwj - but thank goodness he was such a doofus. He seems to have come from a good family in Nigeria - and the Nigerians I spoke to there were horrified that this had happened.

And yes, given that he'd got the explosives on board - what's with setting your crotch on fire?

What's puzzling is that there's no shortage of explosives expertise out there - in Afghanistan and Iraq they are killing soldiers with IEDs, Brievik and his friends are managing to make explosives that work from instructions on the internet - so the lack of success from these wannabe jihadists is either they are from the very, very shallow end of the genepool or that somehow Al Qaeda operatives can't make bombs outside of the Middle East. (Remember the shoe bomber - same thing there as well!)

7/7, Madrid and 9/11 look like exceptions - but given the number of numpties out there, it's only a matter of time before some of them get lucky again.

What part of that don't you agree with? BM chose to select part of a sentence to construct a strawman, but I can't see why agreeing with BM and ben is wrong. Can you?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I guess Hollywood is working on the film of the heroic Dutchman flying through the air to grab the young Nigerian's crotch. ;)

I guess the serious point that had it been a competent bomber like those MUSLIMS in Afghanistan and Iraq or those nutters such as Brievik, Mr Underpants and fit Dutch guy wouldn't be starring in FD's fantasies - is lost. ;)

Young Nigerian - not a terrorist. :o

Bombers in Afghanistan and Iraq? I'm sure it was an oversight, but they are in Pakistan as well. :albino: Not to mention a few other countries: UK, US..................... :shock: The one thing they have in common is that they are Muslims. Oooops, Brievik and McVey weren't Muslims. :oops:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Flying Dutchman wrote:No, Mr. Schuringa is a fit man.

I'm picturing Jean-Claude Van Damme in his prime here.

Flying Dutchman wrote: He air-jumped from his chair over other chairs that would make a pro American football player jealous.

Wow, dramatic stuff. The news reports must have been quite graphic to describe this.

Let's see.

Air-jumped:
AFP report linked to by FD wrote:when smoke and flames started billowing from the suspect's lap and up the side of the cabin he clambered over fellow passengers and tackled him.

Hmm. Could I clamber over passengers?

But I guess he was heroic - for what he did after he clambered over the passengers:
Schuringa said he burned his hands as he struggled to rip away a burning object that appeared to be strapped to the suspect's leg, near his crotch, and then tried to put out the fire with his bare hands, according to the New York Post.

Facts, FD - always a weakness with you it seems.

Cheers,
Shafique

-- Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:

Young Nigerian - not a terrorist. :o

Bombers in Afghanistan and Iraq? I'm sure it was an oversight, but they are in Pakistan as well. :albino: Not to mention a few other countries: UK, US..................... :shock: The one thing they have in common is that they are Muslims. Oooops, Brievik and McVey weren't Muslims. :oops:

The young guy is definitely a terrorist.

The point was exactly that in Afganistan, Iraq and indeed Pakistan they know how to make IEDs - and that in Europe the right-wing terrorists just need Google to help them make bombs. Surely if the loons were right about the extent of the real threat, we'd see more Muslim Brieviks than the Muslm numpties.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You just cannot resist trying to minimize this heroic act against a Muslim terrorist. I just knew you were going to try to ridicule him. It does seem to bother you.

His own words:

"When I saw the suspect he was getting on fire and I freaked of course, and without any hesitation jumped over the seats and jumped to the suspect because I was thinking, like, he's trying to blow up the plane."
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Its rather pointless to compare other terrorists I guess. In this story - the guy was completely incompetent, which is what was key to all those people keeping their lives after that flight. If only all terrorists were as useless as this guy! I can only imagine how terrified those people must have felt to have gotten so close to death at the hands of a terrorist. Very frightening! I hope he rots in jail for life, looking at his burned bits every time he uses the metal toilet in the corner of his cell.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk