This Took Place In UK In 1905, Its The Reason Of WAR

Topic locked
What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle Ea Feb 11, 2008
What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict? One can argue, of course, that Shoher is ultra-right, but his followers are far from being a marginal group. Also, he rejects Jewish moralistic reasoning - that's alone is highly unusual for the Israeli right. And he is very influential here in Israel. So what do you think? uh, here's the site in question: Middle East conflict

AlexZello
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middl Feb 11, 2008
AlexZello wrote:What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict? One can argue, of course, that Shoher is ultra-right, but his followers are far from being a marginal group. Also, he rejects Jewish moralistic reasoning - that's alone is highly unusual for the Israeli right. And he is very influential here in Israel. So what do you think?

I think his views are what many Israeli government policy makers secretly (and some, openly) believe.

He justifies the suspension of human rights of Palestinians and the continuing injustices and breaches of international law.

It would be interesting what the reaction to his book/views would be if we replaced his references to 'Islamic' with 'Jewish' and 'Arab' with 'Jew' - would he then not be guilty of anti-semitism and jailed in many countries of the world? Therefore anyone that would condemn a similar attack against Jews should condemn this person's views as well.

My reading of his work is that he does not deny the charges against the Israeli government, but seeks to justify them. He says his hero is Machiavelli to make a forceful point.

I actually am warming to the ultra-religious Jews who say that the diaspora should wait for the Messiah to come and lead them back to Israel- and that the UN cannot be perceived as 'the Messiah' and therefore there is no religious basis for Israel.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk