The Meaning Of 'Allah Akbar!'

Topic locked
The Meaning Of 'Allah Akbar!' Jan 07, 2011
Sad tidbit that was covered up by the media - immediately after the church bombing in Egypt, Muslim bystanders began celebrating the carnage and praising Allah.

Truly beyond words.

Political Correctness: "Allah Akbar!" cheered Egyptian Muslims while trampling the remains of dozens of Christians eviscerated in last Friday's suicide bombing. Yet we're assured that the phrase has nothing to do with Islam.

Video taken at the gruesome scene outside a church in Alexandria, Egypt, clearly shows local rubberneckers whooping it up as they shout "Allah Akbar!" — Arabic for "Allah is greatest!" We heard the same celebratory chant from Palestinians and other Muslims around the world as the Twin Towers burned.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysi ... -Akbar.htm

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: The Meaning Of 'Allah Akbar!' Jan 08, 2011
Geezz, I always thought that it was Allah's snackbar. But could never seem to find anything to eat during prayer time.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Al shafique, no comments on that one? your brothers at work or is it joe stark followers.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Shaf must be sleeping, or having dinner at Allah's Snackbar! LOL
Bethsmum

benwj wrote:Geezz, I always thought that it was Allah's snackbar. But could never seem to find anything to eat during prayer time.

Allah's snackbar?!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

benwj wrote:Geezz, I always thought that it was Allah's snackbar. But could never seem to find anything to eat during prayer time.

:thumbup: LOL
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Here's video of Muslims celebrating moments after the bombing.

The shouts of 'Allahu Akbar' came from the Mosque across the street from the Church....

(AINA) -- The car explosion that went off in front of Saints Coptic Orthodox Church in Alexandria killed 21 and injured 96 parishioners who were attending a New Year's Eve Mass. According to church officials and eyewitnesses, there are many more victims that are still unidentified and whose body parts were strewn all over the street outside the church. The body parts were covered with newspapers until they were brought inside the church after some Muslims started stepping on them and chanting Jihadi chants (video showing dead bodies and limbs covered with newspapers in the street).

According to eyewitnesses, a green Skoda car pulled up outside the church shortly after midnight. Two men got out, one of them talked shortly on his mobile phone, and the explosion occurred almost immediately after they left the scene. On the back of the Skoda was a sticker with the words "the rest is coming" (video of car explosion and Muslims shouting "Allah Akbar").

http://www.aina.org/news/20110101232613.htm
event horizon

Eh, How do you know if it wasn't an expression of frustration for example? Muslims say it all the time, no matter what happens...The way you perceive it depends on what you portray in your subconscious mind, in your case, yours is filled with islamophobia, you know, you just ought to interprate it the way you like it....

Zogby says it's more an expression of frustration, like Christians blurting out their Savior's name after accidently hammering their thumb. "Somebody says 'Jesus Christ!' they're not making a statement of faith," he explained. "They're saying, I'm really mad right now."

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysi ... -Akbar.htm
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:Eh, How do you know if it wasn't an expression of frustration for example? Muslims say it all the time, no matter what happens..

But...but...no...no...that..would...mean...

Oh Lord I'm stumped on this one...crap, I said Oh Lord, must mean I'm a self hating christian then :oops:
desertdudeshj

Re: The Meaning Of 'Allah Akbar!' Jan 09, 2011
I think we all know what 'Allah Akbar' means.
Christians aren't usually self hating as they don't have the hang ups Muslims have.
Bethsmum

Nothing to do with snacks then eh ?
desertdudeshj

I'm partially to roast pork sandwich with stuffing any day!
Bethsmum

Re: The Meaning Of 'Allah Akbar!' Jan 10, 2011
capsicum
BANNED

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk