Road Accidents Increase Due To "Ramadan Fatigue"

Topic locked
Road accidents increase due to "Ramadan Fatigue" Jul 21, 2012
For those not fasting this Ramadan, please be careful on the roads. Unfortunately, fasting and road safety are mutually exclusive. I would advise those not fasting to limit their time on the road to avoid the uptick in driving accidents during the holy month:

Road safety charity the IAM is offering driving tips for Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan.

The IAM is the UK’s largest independent road safety charity, dedicated to improving standards and safety in driving, motorcycling and cycling.

IAM chief executive Simon Best said: “Fasting has an impact on driving - in the Gulf states accidents increase during Ramadan. That’s why the IAM is urging drivers to be a little more cautious, especially just before Iftar....

http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/982894 ... _Ramadhan/

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Road Accidents Increase Due To "Ramadan Fatigue" Jul 22, 2012
Basically stay off the roads from about 2-3pm till sunset, as that's when all the crazy happens.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Its not Ramadan fatigue, more like Ramadan rage, specially as iftar time comes closer. Everybody wants to get home to make it in time for iftar
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I usually keep a water bottle and few dates with me, never had any road troubles.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

If people only thought that much, somehow its imperative that they be at home as the call for prayer is called out ! Anyways I avoid trying to go out anywhere of distance close to Iftar time.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk