'Prominent Cleric' Guilty Of Paedophillia

Topic locked
'Prominent Cleric' Guilty of Paedophillia Jan 08, 2012
I thought I'd post this as an example of an aberant cleric's misdeeds - and that before the resident 'critical' posters jump on this and blame the guy's religion, I point out that no religion condones paedophilia, and this cleric's crimes do not reflect on his religion.

Prominent Palestinian Imam indicted for sexually assaulting minors

Imam Yousouf Dinani a prominent Imam from the city of Afula in northern Palestine, was indicted on Sunday for committing sexual offenses against four minors, two boys and two girls.

According to the indictment, which was served by the northern district attorney’s office at Nazareth District Court, Dinani, who has lived in Afula for forty years and has become an important local figure with a large following, abused his position to carry out a number of sexual offenses against minors.

The charges include unlawful sexual intercourse with consent, sodomy, and indecent assault of a fifteen year-old girl, indecent assault of a thirteen year-old girl, indecent assault of a thirteen year-old boy, and indecent assault of a fourteen year-old boy.

Imam Dinani’s lawyers argue that the complaints against the sixty-year-old Imam are the result of behind-the-scenes activity. “We know that there are people who are going from house to house in the local community convincing children to complain against the Imam,” they said.

“The complaints were not created in a vacuum,” they said.

The lawyers claim that the father of one of the alleged victims was caught stealing money collected for charity at the institution that Imam Dinani heads, and that a number of other people who were fired from their jobs at the institution have been plotting against him.

The Imam's lawyers have also passed police recordings of conversations in which they claim some of the alleged victims deny the abuse, and that a third party had pushed them into lodging their complaint.

The case was revealed a year ago, when Dinani was detained by Afula police.

Note, I've changed some details of the article to make an additional point - compare with the original on Haaretz:
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/pr ... s-1.406140

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Prominent Cleric' Guilty Of Paedophillia Jan 08, 2012
shafique wrote:Note, I've changed some details of the article to make an additional point - compare with the original on Haaretz:
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/pr ... rs-1.40614

I donot follow, your link is about construction workers, this is how it starts:

The Contractors Association yesterday announced it would not recommend its members hire Palestinian workers who get permits to work in Israel, for fear that some of the Palestinians might attack the contractors or other workers.

(...)

Whats your point, instead of talking in riddles???

Is your point that construction workers are pedo's?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: 'Prominent Cleric' Guilty Of Paedophillia Jan 09, 2012
:D

I thought my point was quite clear - that a prominent cleric carrying out paedophillia has nothing to do with his religion. Looks like the URL was just missing the final '0' in the address - here's the link, and I'll edit the original too:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/pr ... s-1.406140

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well, if pedophilia is sanctioned in the cleric's holy book and underage marriage is a normative teaching of that cleric's religion, then pedophilia, regardless of the actions of the cleric, is sanctioned by the cleric's religion.

Case in point, the Koran sanctioning underage marriage and consumating marriages to pre-pubescent wives.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

It appears you do agree with me that this cleric's paedophillia is not to be blamed on his religion. Excellent.

I totally agree with you - the religion should indeed be judged on what it actually teaches - and not what some bloggers may post.

As for your blogger-only theories about Islam, may I remind you that you have yet to follow up on your boast that you'll e-mail an expert to validate your blogger-only theory that Islam condones honour crimes? Or were you lying when you said you'd do this and I provided you with the details?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Prominent Cleric' Guilty of Paedophillia Jan 09, 2012
It's indeed true that Islam promotes pedophilia and should therefore be seen as a pedophile friendly religion.
event horizon

Yes, I understand that this is a view held by some Islamophobic bloggers. Sadly for you it is not a theory you've been able to show exists outside of your blogger friends.

At least we do agree that in this case, this prominent cleric and paedophile cannot use religion to excuse his paedophillia.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Prominent Cleric' Guilty of Paedophillia Jan 10, 2012
What does the Koran have to say about pedophilia and underage marriage?
event horizon

Re: 'Prominent Cleric' Guilty Of Paedophillia Jan 10, 2012
Wrong thread eh - but let me quote from the relevant thread:
When it comes to s.ex, Islam is quite clear - no s.ex outside marriage, no forced marriages and no paedophillia.

References to Quran, hadith and even scientific evidence in this video debunks the core loon theory eh desperately wants to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcDSyruxyW4&feature=player_embedded

philosophy-dubai/pedophilia-the-koran-t47907.html#p392542

In this thread - let me restate that I'm glad that we all seem to agree that this prominent cleric's paedophillia has nothing to do with his religion. Pretty much backing up what all adherents of religions say of their scripture (and debunking random theories by bloggers which argue the opposite).

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Just quote what the Koran says on pedophilia and underage marriage. I'll come back with quotes from Muslim scholars with what they say the Koran says about pedophilia and underage marriage.
event horizon

Click on the links provided eh - and if still confused, start a new thread. Stop trolling this thread.

As I said - let's focus on this thread's topic and how we agree that this prominent cleric's paedophillia is not down to religious teachings.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I've started several threads asking you to provide statements from the Koran where pedophilia is condemned, remember?

You were the one to troll those threads and no verse from the Koran condemning pedophilia or underage marriage has yet to be provided.
event horizon

Stop trolling this thread. Click on links, start a new thread - continue to deny that Quranic refs etc have been given.. but don't troll this thread.

This particular cleric committed paedophillia and you can't blame it on religion. Stop whining and accept that you and I agree on this point.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk