Official Racism ?

Topic locked
Official Racism ? Dec 26, 2010
Does anybody find this a bit racist or is it just me ? I agree with the argument of having a large expat populations with the local population being a minority in their own countries and its problems.

But the views expressed by Dahi seem a bit off

However, when asked if the problem could be tackled to some extent if more workers were brought in from Arab countries, Dahi said: "I do agree that they (Arab expatriates) are better than non-Arabs."

I can't imagine a chief of police in any other nation even the so called third world countries like India and Pakistan make such comments in the press and get away with it. Let alone someplace like Europe and N.America. A comment like this would surely mean the end of that persons career.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/bahrain/d ... y-1.736096

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Official Racism ? Dec 26, 2010
I totaly agree with you. I was never a fan of Dahi anyways. A lot of Emaratis make jokes on him.
symmetric
BANNED

Hypocrisy, the most insecure arent arab themselves.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

If the chief were spouting rubbish then it would be racism. But he isn't. In fact he does have a point. Although as a police chief he has no business commenting of cultural issues. He needs to focus on law and order. And leave the rest up to the requisite authorities.
If he had to raise these issues in a closed door meeting with leaders then it wouldn't be an issue. But to publicly comment on a television station is insensitive and potentially embarrassing too (should objections be raised).
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Official Racism ? Dec 27, 2010
bsorc wrote:Hypocrisy, the most insecure arent arab themselves.

I don't give a damn if someone was an Arab or not. I hate the concept of superiority, and nationalists ranks the last, specially Arabs and Jews.
symmetric
BANNED

Ah but then he does actually have another point - that arabs WON'T do certain jobs - lucky if you get the blighters to do anything:

"Why can't we run these stores which, after all, we legally own? But we do not want to do such work," he said.

So sadly it's an issue of their own making.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

The audience comprised mostly young people, both men and women, from across the Gulf,

This article was written to just appease these deranged juveniles.

Dubai Police chief warns of expats' threat to Gulf identity

Also notice how the westerners are conveniently not mentioned in the article, obviously who are assisting them out of the $100 bln grave which they dug for themselves.

zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk