Muslims At Risk Following Moscow Bombings

Topic locked
Muslims at risk following Moscow bombings Apr 04, 2010
Turkish and American experts, however, are increasingly alarmed about the growing amount of danger on the fault lines between Muslims and Russians.

Two female suicide bombers killed 39 people and injured 63 on packed Moscow metro trains on Monday. Suspected suicide bombers killed at least 12 people in Russia’s North Caucasus

Two female suicide bombers will they aslo get 77 virgins ?

chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Muslims at risk following Moscow bombings Apr 04, 2010
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Turkish and American experts, however, are increasingly alarmed about the growing amount of danger on the fault lines between Muslims and Russians.

Two female suicide bombers killed 39 people and injured 63 on packed Moscow metro trains on Monday. Suspected suicide bombers killed at least 12 people in Russia’s North Caucasus

Moderate Moslems say killing oneself, for any reason, is haram and takes the killer to Hell!

But that’s a good question CDS!!! :)

Yeah, Shaf. I’d like to know too. Forget these girls, but what happens to other good Moslem women who go to Heaven?? Men get to enjoy virgins made especially for them. What about the women???

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

chevaliers-de-sion wrote:
Turkish and American experts, however, are increasingly alarmed about the growing amount of danger on the fault lines between Muslims and Russians.

Moderate Moslems say killing oneself, for any reason, is haram and takes the killer to Hell!

But that’s a good question CDS!!!

But hey saddam was caught within a year or so but the friend Osama Bin Ladin is out of the planet being the holly man he is...So let's continue assasinations and terror bombings to scare millions by the name of Islam while our friend Osama is doing his great job.. enjoying himself whereever he is out of the planet...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:
Yeah, Shaf. I’d like to know too. Forget these girls, but what happens to other good Moslem women who go to Heaven?? Men get to enjoy virgins made especially for them. What about the women???

God's pretty clear about what happens when we get to heaven - we all get 'pure spouses', men and women. We however won't be either men or women in heaven, as we won't be in a form that we can imagine.

These are all similitudes though, because God also says in the Quran that we do not have the senses to experience the after-life. After we die we evolve into another form of existence and won't be bound by earthly limits - i.e. we will have other senses and another way of experiencing existence.

The descriptions of a life of bliss (or of pain in hell) are similitudes. It would be like trying to explain what colour is to a blind person - you express it in terms of other senses they have - eg you'd say red is a 'hot' colour. But red is not a temperature and you're only giving a 'taste' of what colour is.

God does not say in the Quran that suicide bombers get 72 virgins. God says in the Quran that those who go to heaven will have pure companions. He separately says that anyone who dies in the cause of God - i.e. Martyrs - go to heaven.

The rewards after death promised to men and women are exactly the same, as are the punishments.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The term for the pure companions in heaven is 'Houri'.

Here's wiki's entry for the Quranic references:

Qur'an
The houri are mentioned in several places in the Qur’an, although in plural no specifics are given as to the number of houries available. Likewise it does not appear from the Qur’an that only girls should be available;
both sexes are mentioned. And they are made available to all Muslims, not just martyrs.

"Thus shall it be. And We shall pair(zawajnahoom: pair them, marry them). Note zawj (lit., “a pair” or - according to the context - “one of a pair”) applies to either of the two sexes,a man to a woman and a woman to a man, as does the transitive verb zawaja, “he paired” or “joined”, i.e., one person with another)[31]them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye."[Chapter (Surah) Ad-Dukhan (The Smoke)(44):54][32]

"In these [gardens] will be mates of modest gaze [qasirat at-tarf: Lit., “such as restrain their gaze”, i.e., are of modest bearing and have eyes only for their mates (Tafsir Razi).This phrase applies to both genders.[4]], whom neither man nor invisible being will have touched ere then." [Chapter (Surah) Ar-Rahman (The Most Beneficent(55):56][33]

"[There the blest will live with their] companions pure and modest, in pavilions [splendid] [Chapter (Surah) Ar-Rahman (The Most Beneficent)(55):72][34]

"reclining on couches [of happiness] ranged in rows!” And [in that paradise] We shall mate them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye [Chapter (Surah) At-Tur (The Mount)(52):20][35]

Here are verses that refer to one’s spouse recreated in the hereafter:

"And [with them will be their] spouses, raised high: for, behold, We shall have brought them into being in a life renewed, having resurrected them as virgins [Chapter (Surah) Al-Waqi'a (The Event)(56):34-36][36]

And among His wonders is this: He creates for you mates out of your own kind [min anfusikum azwajan, Lit. “from among yourselves mates (spouses, one of the pair)”] so that you might incline towards them, and He engenders love and tenderness between you: in this, behold, there are messages indeed for people who think! ... And He it is who creates [all life] in the first instance, and then brings it forth anew: and most easy is this for Him, since His is the essence of all that is most sublime in the heavens and on earth, and He alone is almighty, truly wise. [Chapter (Surah) Ar-Rum (The Romans)(30):21...27][37]

There are also verses regarding both genders explicitly:

God has promised the believers, both men and women (Lit., waalmuminoona (male believers) waalmuminatu (female believers), gardens through which running waters flow, therein to abide, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetual bliss: but God's goodly acceptance is the greatest [bliss of all] -for this, this is the triumph supreme! [Chapter (Surah) At-Taubah (The Repentance) (9):72][38]

As for anyone - be it man or woman [Lit., min (from) thakarin (male) aw (or) ontha (female)][16:97] - who does righteous deeds, and is a believer withal - him shall We most certainly cause to live a good life, and most certainly shall We grant unto such as these their reward in accordance with the best that they ever did. [Chapter (Surah) An-Nahl (The Bee) (16):97][39]

A verse regarding other companionship:

“And, O our Sustainer, bring them into the gardens of perpetual bliss which Thou hast promised them, together with the righteous from among their forebears, and their spouses, and their offspring - for, verily, Thou alone art almighty, truly wise [Chapter (Surah) Ghafir (The Forgiver)(40):8][40]

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The 72 virgins thing, comes from this Hadith:

"72 Virgins"

The concept of 72 virgins in Islam refers to an aspect of paradise. In a collection by Imam at-Tirmidhi in his "Sunan" (Volume IV, Chapters on "The Features of Heaven as described by the Messenger of Allah", chapter 21: "About the Smallest Reward for the People of Heaven", hadith 2687) and also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir (Qur'anic Commentary) of Surah Qur'an 55:72, it is stated that:
"It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham 'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard Muhammad saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a.[65]

Views
Margaret Nydell states that mainstream Muslims regard this belief about 72 virgins in the same way that mainstream Christians regard the belief that after death they will be issued with wings and a harp, and walk on clouds.[66]

Another interpretation of the relevant passages of the Qur'an is The Syro-Aramaic Reading Of The Qur'an written by Christoph Luxenberg. In respect of this particular point, Luxenberg argues that the relevant passage actually translates to a portrayal of paradise as a lush garden with pooling water and trees with rare fruit, including white raisins (considered to be delicacies at the time that the Qur'an was written), not virgin maidens.[67][68]

Regarding the above statement, Hafiz Salahuddin Yusuf has said: "The narration, which claims that everyone would have seventy-two wives has a weak chain of narrators." [49]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri#.2272_Virgins.22

And this is where God says in the Quran that our existence in the afterlife cannot be imagined with our current senses:

We will raise you into a form of which you have not the slightest knowledge.

Surah Al-Waqiah (56:61)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

According to the Qur'an, the ghilman are creatures who work in heaven, alongside their female counterparts called the houris, in the service of the righteous Muslims. The promise of this reward is repeated four different times in the Qur'an.

52:24 :There will circulate among them [servant] boys [especially] for them, as if they were pearls well-protected.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
And there will circulate from all around them, for service, youths, delicate [in demeanour], of their own, as if, in terms of their beauty and immaculateness, they were hidden pearls, preserved inside shells, because when it [a pearl] is inside it, it is better than one that is not.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Turkish and American experts, however, are increasingly alarmed about the growing amount of danger on the fault lines between Muslims and Russians.

I dropped under the desk with laughter. Is Russian a new religion? Actually there is no any religious tension in Russia. "Muslim" Tatarstan is highly indusrialised part of Russia. They are very good in sport. Rubin football team, the Russian champ, won FC Barcelona recenly.

The problem has been not with Muslims, but with highland tribes of Afghan type, 200 years long problem.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

melika969 wrote:According to the Qur'an, the ghilman are creatures who work in heaven, alongside their female counterparts called the houris, in the service of the righteous Muslims. The promise of this reward is repeated four different times in the Qur'an.

52:24 :There will circulate among them [servant] boys [especially] for them, as if they were pearls well-protected.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
And there will circulate from all around them, for service, youths, delicate [in demeanour], of their own, as if, in terms of their beauty and immaculateness, they were hidden pearls, preserved inside shells, because when it [a pearl] is inside it, it is better than one that is not.

I thought the Ghilman "the pretty young males" were also going to be there for the pleasure of men!!!

Is there any specific mention in the Quran that they are also going to be there for the "sexual" pleasure of women??

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Muslims at risk following Moscow bombings Apr 05, 2010
Unfortunately, the Koran is clear that Muslims who die whilst killing disbelievers are martyrs and will enjoy Paradise.

Koran 9:111

God has bought from the believers their selves and their possessions against the gift of Paradise; they fight in the way of God; they kill, and are killed; that is a promise binding upon God in the Torah, and the Gospel, and the Koran; and who fulfils his covenant truer than God? So rejoice in the bargain you have made with Him; that is the mighty triumph.

Muslims enjoy death like Westerners enjoy life.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Perhaps 'Ghilman' are what 'eh' dreams of in his threads about Afghans liking boys like him! ;)

The passage in context reads to me that in heaven there will be heavenly companions and also servants to wait on you hand and foot.

Also, isn't fascinating that 'eh' can on the one hand join forces with those who view the Jewish religious terrorist Baruch Goldstein as a 'glorious martyr' in the cause of religion and not condemn his actions, and on the other hand quote God saying Martyrs go to heaven and extrapolate that Islam condones terrorism.

Well, I guess that there is a thread called 'hypocrisy uncovered' in the religion section means we shouldn't be surprised.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Perhaps 'Ghilman' are what 'eh' dreams of in his threads about Afghans liking boys like him! ;)

The passage in context reads to me that in heaven there will be heavenly companions and also servants to wait on you hand and foot.

Also, isn't fascinating that 'eh' can on the one hand join forces with those who view the Jewish religious terrorist Baruch Goldstein as a 'glorious martyr' in the cause of religion and not condemn his actions, and on the other hand quote God saying Martyrs go to heaven and extrapolate that Islam condones terrorism.

Well, I guess that there is a thread called 'hypocrisy uncovered' in the religion section means we shouldn't be surprised.

Cheers,
Shafique

Yes, the Koran does say that Muslims who die whilst killing disbelievers for allah enter heaven - unconditionally.

Do you disagree?
event horizon

God says Martyrs go to heaven.

What's wrong with that statement?

Don't you think that those who kill babies and enslave virgins are doing God's work? What do you think happened to those Israelites who were killed when attacking the families of the virgins they enslaved - were they punished or were they rewarded for doing God's work?

The fanatics you side with also think that Baruch Goldstein is a martyr for religion.

I personally don't think terrorists are martyrs - but those killed in the way of God are. That's the main difference between me and the religious fanatics who share your view.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Actually, allah says that Muslims who die while killing disbelievers go to heaven.

Why try to sanitize what allah says in the Koran?

I personally don't think terrorists are martyrs - but those killed in the way of God are.

LoL.

Amazing attempt to conflate the doctrine of martyrdom in Islam with martyrdom in Christianity.

Christian martyrs died violent deaths while refusing to use violence against their enemies.

A Muslim martyr, by definition, is a terrorist - someone who dies while killings disbelievers.

The Koran says so.
event horizon

shafique wrote:God says Martyrs go to heaven.

What's wrong with that statement?

So, your answer is 'nothing' - cool, you just could have come out and said this.

shafique wrote:Don't you think that those who kill babies and enslave virgins are doing God's work? What do you think happened to those Israelites who were killed when attacking the families of the virgins they enslaved - were they punished or were they rewarded for doing God's work?

The fanatics you side with also think that Baruch Goldstein is a martyr for religion.

I personally don't think terrorists are martyrs - but those killed in the way of God are. That's the main difference between me and the religious fanatics who share your view.

So, you don't disagree this is the main difference between us.

In the two examples I give above, neither of them are example of Christians killing in the name of God - both are followers of Judaism. So, I can't see how I'm conflating your extreme views with those of Christian martyrs? Please try and read what is posted in future.

I also asked you whether you were proud to be more extreme than Al Qaeda in your views - you never answered that question either.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Could you possibly find another topic for your scholastic arguments? I know that nobody cares as it happend far away from London but have a little respect. It's all I ask you.

Thank you.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk