Muslim Mother Excluded From School

Topic locked
Jun 18, 2009
I knew it all. I'm from London, I'm a lot more cosmopolitan than you, you short trousered nit.

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
didnt know that you had to be from london to know everything.

well old chap i congrulate u for being a londoner :D

frengi
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
At last you see sense.

Much as I'd love to carry on talking your particular brand of drivel all night I have some reading to do.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:At last you see sense.

Much as I'd love to carry on talking your particular brand of drivel all night I have some reading to do.

reading what i have posted :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 19, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yes, the UAE is different from Saudi Kid, in the fact that it is liberal - might I remind that I lived there for 4 years! So I very well know the difference.

You see you're the one who wants everything your way. I fully respect the cultural needs of the UAE, but when another country asks you to abide by it's rules (the UK is NOT a muslim state!) then you say no g. As far as I'm concerned you're the unbendable one.

Exactly what I mean ,in your tearm islam is not liberal , you don’t wana see KSA or respect it as a country that applies the islamic laws . on other hand since UAE is letting you drink then it is liberal. Liberality has nothing to do with wrong doing in it’s islamic laws. You see where I’m going with this ? but hey it’s your choice after all how to see things.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 19, 2009
rudeboy, the school's rules don't make any sense to you? What if everyone turned up with their faces covered when coming onto school premises? How do the teachers know who is who and whether children are being picked up by their parents or caregivers or by some stranger? In light of attacks on schools, do you think that adults should have the right to enter schools while masking their face?

By the way, other countries have laws about masking identity. For example, if you want to publicly protest in Finland you can do so, but cannot mask your face while doing it. Do you think that is unfair and infringing on the rights of protesters?

Once again, Islam is a minority religion in other countries and there is no obligation for schools etc. to make exceptions about masking identity.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 19, 2009
kanelli wrote:rudeboy, the school's rules don't make any sense to you? What if everyone turned up with their faces covered when coming onto school premises? How do the teachers know who is who and whether children are being picked up by their parents or caregivers or by some stranger? In light of attacks on schools, do you think that adults should have the right to enter schools while masking their face?

By the way, other countries have laws about masking identity. For example, if you want to publicly protest in Finland you can do so, but cannot mask your face while doing it. Do you think that is unfair and infringing on the rights of protesters?

Once again, Islam is a minority religion in other countries and there is no obligation for schools etc. to make exceptions about masking identity.

True, so true.

In our EU society, only criminals mask themselves, because the rest show themselves out in the open.

We are expressive :D
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 20, 2009
kanelli wrote:rudeboy, the school's rules don't make any sense to you? What if everyone turned up with their faces covered when coming onto school premises? How do the teachers know who is who and whether children are being picked up by their parents or caregivers or by some stranger? In light of attacks on schools, do you think that adults should have the right to enter schools while masking their face?

i guess you guys havent read the part where it mentions the mum is willing to cooperate . i dont know how many times i have said that :S its like banging my head against the wall with you guys :D

kanelli if a school has laws like this thats fine provided they are implemented properly and are fair and show respect to certain religions.

in a school they should have a seperate room where the mum can show her face to the female security guards or female teachers, so that they can confirm it is a mother and not a loose canon with guns.

a person doesnt have to cover his/her face to kill students. we all know this and we all have seen this in USA and parts of Europe.

so really is covering your face a security threath? or giving kids & strangers access to guns and arms?

anyone can be a terroist and blow up a school. you can have a crazy student who could decide one they he would blow himself up. how do you protect the school then?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2009
Of course people can attack a school without masking themselves. If they are going to commit suicide after the attack they likely don't care about masking their identity. If a person wants to flee the scene or kidnap a child, then masking their identity is exactly the way they would want to go when perpetrating their crime.

I'd like to point out that masking identity causes distrust and suspicion in many cultures where it isn't the norm for one gender to cover their faces in public on a daily basis. It has nothing to do with Islam or scaremongering about Islamic terrorism, just a cultural difference.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk