Libyan Rebel Commander Admits Al-Qaeda Link

Topic locked
Libyan rebel commander admits al-Qaeda link Mar 27, 2011
There are also reports of the North African al-Qaeda franchise making off with Libyan military hardware, such as surface-to-air missiles.

Basically, NATO has decided to back one side in a civil war where the players from either team are indistinguishable from each other.

And I know what you're going to say. 'But, but, Gaddafi is a bad guy who's butchering his people'. When you don't know which team to root for, then you hope to see both sides lose.

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

His revelations came even as Idriss Deby Itno, Chad's president, said al-Qaeda had managed to pillage military arsenals in the Libyan rebel zone and acquired arms, "including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries".

Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... links.html

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Libyan rebel commander admits al-Qaeda link Mar 27, 2011
event horizon wrote:There are also reports of the North African al-Qaeda franchise making off with Libyan military hardware, such as surface-to-air missiles.

Basically, NATO has decided to back one side in a civil war where the players from either team are indistinguishable from each other.

And I know what you're going to say. 'But, but, Gaddafi is a bad guy who's butchering his people'. When you don't know which team to root for, then you hope to see both sides lose.

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

His revelations came even as Idriss Deby Itno, Chad's president, said al-Qaeda had managed to pillage military arsenals in the Libyan rebel zone and acquired arms, "including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries".

Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008.

Here we go again!

The Devil, reincarnated!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Libyan Rebel Commander Admits Al-Qaeda Link Mar 31, 2011
See I don't get it, if Ghadaffi is such a bad man the west especially USA would have finished him off ages ago but they still allow him to do whatever he wants. Why is that?? They have put sanctions on the country but still allow Ghadaffi to co-exist.

Similiarly with Iraq. They used Saddam to fight iranians and than he invaded Kuwait only than they attacked him but still they didn't tell him alrite mate you are not in power anymore. He remained in power for many years till he was hanged...
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Libyan Rebel Commander Admits Al-Qaeda Link Apr 06, 2011
rudeboy wrote:See I don't get it, if Ghadaffi is such a bad man the west especially USA would have finished him off ages ago but they still allow him to do whatever he wants. Why is that?? They have put sanctions on the country but still allow Ghadaffi to co-exist.

Similiarly with Iraq. They used Saddam to fight iranians and than he invaded Kuwait only than they attacked him but still they didn't tell him alrite mate you are not in power anymore. He remained in power for many years till he was hanged...

If you're talking to EH, then you need to realise that animals got different languages than us humans :?

Back to your point, I do agree with you on the point that, the US only look after its own benefits and interests, which is logic in my opinion ;)
What I'm trying to say is, its our nations fault for allowing others such as the US to intrude. But with all these current political changes, I believe such intrusions will start to be eliminated to an extent, hopefully.

-- Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:43 pm --

event horizon wrote:There are also reports of the North African al-Qaeda franchise making off with Libyan military hardware, such as surface-to-air missiles.

Bla Bla Bla ..
What else do you expect from an Italian newspaper, with all the behind-the-scenes relationship with Gaddafi!

The Libyan rejects Al-Qaeda label ..
http://www.euronews.net/2011/04/02/liby ... eda-label/
symmetric
BANNED

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk