Killing Scientists - Simply Terrorism?

Topic locked
Re: Killing Scientists - Simply Terrorism? Jan 21, 2012
BM - you really must learn to read what is written and stop imagining things.

The points made also apply if the Iranian regime was behind the assassination - indeed, it makes the revenge scenario more likely because it means the Iranians have the capability to carry out the attack, and perhaps they meant to use it as an excuse to start targetting Israeli scientists.

I haven't got any proof either way on who carried out the assassination, but agree with those that say this is simply terrorism. By contrast, some in Israel and elsewhere are happy that an Iranian scientist was assassinated, and this thread is about whether they'd still be happy if it was an Israeli scientist who was killed (in future).

Cheers,

Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oh I see. Now you aren't sure it was the Americans or the Israelis who took him out but you're sure that the Israelis will be happy about it.
professorgreen
BANNED

shafique wrote:The points made also apply if the Iranian regime was behind the assassination - indeed, it makes the revenge scenario more likely because it means the Iranians have the capability to carry out the attack, and perhaps they meant to use it as an excuse to start targetting Israeli scientists.

So now a possible theory of yours is that the Iranian government is behind it, so they can justify killing Israeli scientists?

*scratching head *
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nope - it is Mel and BM who think the Iranians are behind the bombing. If their theory is correct, then it puts the scenario in OP in a slightly different light.

I'm with Cohen - asking the question about what if the Iranians make good on their threatened revenge for the assassination of the Iranian scientist.

I suggest you take on board the advice given to BM in the first line of my post above.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It really bugs you that Mel thinks the Iranian regime was behing the assasination, doesn't it? When I suggested it, you just dismissed it with your usual sneer , but to find an Iranian agreeing has really put a spanner in the works.

I really don't think you are in a position to offer anyone advice, do you?
professorgreen
BANNED

Your imagination is running wild these days BM.

Mel and I agree totally that the killing of the Iranian scientist is an act of terror - and she doesn't write that she supports it at all.

The question still remains - what if the Israeli scientists start being assassinated - will those who don't share Mel and my views about the Iranian now suddenly be against the killing of scientists. I think we all know the answer to that.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Killing Scientists - Simply Terrorism? Feb 09, 2012
BM wrote:

How come you're so sure some Iranian didn't knock off the scientist? I haven't heard that anyone has admitted to it, unless you have some inside information or something?

My money is on the Iranians.

Could this be a good knock off news for you BM...

U.S. officials confirm link between clandestine Israeli operations and People’s Mujahedin of Iran activists, according to NBC News report.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-d ... s-1.411945

--- Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:31 pm ---

On the day that Israeli President forwards talks about peace possibility with Iran :/

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2 ... l-nbc-news

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Killing Scientists - Simply Terrorism? Feb 09, 2012
I should have put my money where my mouth was.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Killing Scientists - Simply Terrorism? Jun 16, 2012
And finally Iranians arrest terrorists behind assassination of Nuclear Scientists.. Good for them as I abhore killing of scientists by international terrorists backed by idiotic intelligent services.. Well done Iran...

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9103082180

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Killing Scientists - Simply Terrorism? Jun 16, 2012
Interesting development.

I wonder if the accused will confirm the reports from February which linked Mossad to the killings.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk