Israeli Airstrikes In Gaza

Topic locked
Israeli Airstrikes in Gaza Apr 02, 2010
Just heard on CNN that Israel launched a few airstrikes near Khan Yunes.

No reports yet.

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Israeli Airstrikes in Gaza Apr 02, 2010
Thirteen airstrikes.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

And the reason - two Israeli soldiers were killed last week (in Gaza!).

The Israelis aren't happy and are acting like it.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Israelis arent happy because of the dozens of rockets fired at israel population areas in March from gaza.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Yes, and the Palestinians should be grateful for what the Israelis allow them to have, and it is all their fault for provoking the moral Israel's wrath.

But hey, pounding the open prison that is Gaza hasn't prevented Israel losing soldiers when it attacks Gaza - so I guess the answer to bomb them even more. Perhaps the Palestinians will be bombed into submission?

But why bomb a milk factory? Is it to make the US feel better for the one they bombed in Sudan??Seems a bit vindictive to me... but I guess a Palestinian life or comfort is worth less than an Israeli's.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Thanks for confirming dozens of rockets were fired at israel last month by hamas.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:Thanks for confirming dozens of rockets were fired at israel last month by hamas.

Wow, I must have typed that in my sleep! I don't recall typing that.

However, the reports also say the Israelis said the attacks were in retalliation for the killing of soldiers who had invaded Gaza:

..Israeli aircraft dropped leaflets over parts of Gaza on Thursday warning residents of retaliation for last Friday's killings of the soldiers in Khan Younis.

So, Israel sends it troops - two get killed, and they then bomb a milk factory (I ask above why a milk factory)?

Perhaps the cheese looks like semtex?:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/04/ ... r.strikes/

Nice.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:
But why bomb a milk factory?

Must be another melamine scandal. Milk adulterated with melamine. 8)
RobbyG

^ Those Chinese - they get everywhere!
:mrgreen:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Israeli Airstrikes in Gaza Apr 03, 2010
On a dusty, wind-swept field overlooking the Mediterranean, a small team of researchers from Israel is putting the final touches on what Israel says is a major game changer in defense: a miniature anti-missile system that detects incoming projectiles and shoots them down before they reach the target.

If successful, the "Trophy" system could radically alter the balance of power if the country when it goes to war again against Hezbollah guerrillas in neighboring Lebanon or Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip. Its performance could also have much wider implications as American troops and their Western allies battle insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan.
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

^well, then there will be no excuse for bombing cheese factories then - so it would be a good thing!

Also, there won't be any excuse for continuing to occupy the 22% of the land that is not part of Israel, and should let the Palestinians have full sovereignty over the land, sea and air in the 22% of the land.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No Shaffy, they don't invest millions for a new defense product, in order to hand over land that is to create a buffer zone for interception.

You need to keep that edge, right? :wink:
RobbyG

Re: Israeli Airstrikes in Gaza Apr 08, 2010
Flying Dutchman wrote:Israelis arent happy because of the dozens of rockets fired at israel population areas in March from gaza.

Do you consider fire-works as rockets?
I really wished those fire-works were real big missiles instead, I'd recommend one to fall on your head too 8)

Who's going to be unhappy about it then?
symmetric
BANNED

As much as I dislike debating and going through such political topics, but I dislike double standard people who actually (by their mentality) define the term "ignorance", according to my dictionary.

Feel free to consider me as your enemy, whom ever it is :drunken:
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:
I really wished those fire-works were real big missiles instead, I'd recommend one to fall on your head too 8)

How typical. :idea:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
symmetric wrote:

How typical. :idea:

Yes, very typical indeed, live with it.
symmetric
BANNED

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk