Israel Admits Harvesting Palestinian Organs

Topic locked
Israel Admits Harvesting Palestinian Organs Dec 22, 2009
bump for FD.

ISRAEL ADMITS HARVESTING PALESTINIAN ORGANS; INT’L CRIMINAL COURT MUST INTERVENE

(Washington, DC - 12/21/09)—Today, several prominent news outlets confirmed what the Israeli government initially denied and denounced as anti-Semitic—that Israeli doctors had extracted human organs from dead Palestinians during the 1988 intifada and into the 1990s. MPAC today called on the U.S. government to condemn this atrocity, which must be investigated as a war crime. The perpetrators of this injustice must be brought to the Hague for prosecution under international law.

SEE: Swedish Paper’s Organ Harvesting Article Draws Israeli Outrage (CNN)

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu demanded that the Swedes condemn the article as anti-Semitic, but the Swedish government retorted that it cannot encroach on free speech. Bostrom’s story garnered more attention after the indictment of 44 people in New Jersey for money laundering schemes, including Levy-Izhak Rosenbaum for convincing people to give up their kidneys and selling them for $160,000 on the black market.

“That the Israeli government would accuse those who exposed this immoral, illegal and appalling crime of anti-Semitism is evidence of what happens to anyone who dares to criticize any of its actions,” said MPAC Senior Advisor Dr. Maher Hathout. “This tyranny of intimidation is stifling any healthy debate within our society, particularly between American Jews and Muslims.”

The controversy began when the governments of Israel and Sweden exchanged angry remarks over an article written by David Bostrom entitled “Our Sons Plundered for their Organs” in a Swedish newspaper. Bostrom accused Israelis of organ theft on Palestinians killed by Israeli soldiers during the first intifada in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and called for an international investigation. Israeli officials responded angrily at the newspaper for publishing the material, calling it anti-Semitism that will lead to hate crimes against Jews in Europe, reminiscent of the pogroms.

What is missing in today’s media reporting is the voice of the Palestinian families who issued the grievances in the first place. After their relatives where killed by Israeli soldiers, the families believed the deceased were taken for autopsies. However, they were returned several days later with noticeable abdominal cavities, stitching of the ventral side of the body, and missing teeth. When they questioned Israeli authorities, they were told that the bodies were investigated on the causes of their unnatural deaths.

Founded in 1988, MPAC is an American institution which informs and shapes public opinion and policy institutions. MPAC is also committed to developing leaders with the purpose of enhancing the political and civic participation of Muslim Americans.
http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam.ph ... rv/0017805

Also: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/de ... ted-organs

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Israel Admits Harvesting Palestinian Organs Dec 22, 2009
Yes, the reporting is still anti-semitic. No Palestinian is killed for its organs. Those involved in these disgusting activities did this on bodies from several ethnicities, Arab and Jew alike.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

the reporting is still anti-semitic

Yeah, that's what I expected from you and that's all you can say indeed...bump for FD.
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:bump for FD.

Bump for Berrin

But I will qoute from your Guardian link:

there was no evidence that Israel had killed Palestinians to take their organs
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Israel Admits Harvesting Palestinian Organs Dec 23, 2009
So Israel was, despite the protestations, harvesting body parts illegally.

What is not yet proven is the allegation that Palestinian men were taken away alive and returned dead with missing body parts - but the Swedish newspaper reported accurately that this is what Palestinians said had happened (i.e. that this allegation was made by relatives of Palestinians who had died).

I think all normal people will be abhored by this news - it isn't a religious or anti-Israeli thing - it's just a human rights thing. To take body parts without permission of your own soldiers and those of your 'enemy' just is plain wrong.

To feign such indignation at the Swedish newspaper reports and accuse them of anti-semitism when the truth is that organs were being harvested from dead Palestinians (and others) and Palestinians were reporting that men were taken away alive and being returned dead - is just par for the course for the Israeli spin machine.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:What is not yet proven is the allegation that Palestinian men were taken away alive and returned dead with missing body parts - but the Swedish newspaper reported accurately that this is what Palestinians said had happened (i.e. that this allegation was made by relatives of Palestinians who had died).

All such cases were investigated, and found to be untrue. But I realize you base your opinions on hearsay rather than facts.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:Yes, the reporting is still anti-semitic. No Palestinian is killed for its organs. Those involved in these disgusting activities did this on bodies from several ethnicities, Arab and Jew alike.

This is a report for a crime, what are you on about describing it as anti-semitic? Are you implying that if I write a report about human trafficking in Norway that I am anti-viking?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

there was no evidence that Israel had killed Palestinians to take their organs

Yes the evidence is the headline itself but I fear you may be andropausal loosing your last bit of sense for coordination..

All such cases were investigated, and found to be untrue. But I realize you base your opinions on hearsay rather than facts.

That's right,no surprises since thats all you can say ...

In August Sweden’s largest daily newspaper published an article containing grisly evidence suggesting that Israel had been taking Palestinian internal organs. The article, by veteran photojournalist Donald Bostrom, called for an international investigation to discover the facts.
http://www.wrmea.com/component/content/ ... stine.html

No wonder why the palestinien muslims have no confidence in jewish doctors and hospitals…
Tourch of truth International..
http://joeland7.blogspot.com/2009/08/sw ... lling.html
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:Yes the evidence is the headline itself but I fear you may be andropausal loosing your last bit of sense for coordination..

A headline in a newspaper is evidence. Sad thing is, I actually think you mean this. Just out of curiousity which headline do you mean?

Berrin wrote:No wonder why the palestinien muslims have no confidence in jewish doctors and hospitals

Tell that to the parents of the thousands of Pali children saved in Israeli hospitals. I think you mean Israeli doctors, or do you actually mean jewish doctors?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

We also know how a healthy mind gets twisted and functions like a troll....thanks to our daily experience on the forums..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aren't we in danger of missing the point of this story?

The article posted above states:
ISRAEL ADMITS HARVESTING PALESTINIAN ORGANS; INT’L CRIMINAL COURT MUST INTERVENE

(Washington, DC - 12/21/09)—Today, several prominent news outlets confirmed what the Israeli government initially denied and denounced as anti-Semitic—that Israeli doctors had extracted human organs from dead Palestinians during the 1988 intifada and into the 1990s. MPAC today called on the U.S. government to condemn this atrocity, which must be investigated as a war crime. The perpetrators of this injustice must be brought to the Hague for prosecution under international law.

MPAC is calling for the US to condemn the illegal activity (what law allows organs to be harvested without consent?)

It is calling the harvesting of organs as a war crime and that those involved should be tried.

So -
1. Is the harvesting of organs of Palestinians killed in the intefada etc a war crime?
2. Are those Palestinians killed considered 'enemy combatants'?

Even if it isn't a war crime - isn't it a crime against humanity?

(I can't see how this is being anti-Semitic though - uncovering and reporting a crime is surely part of what Journalists should do)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk