Islamists Burn Christian Library - World Braces For Riots

Topic locked
Islamists burn Christian library - World braces for riots Dec 21, 2010
The Somali Islamists burned a Christian library, including, of course, Bibles which the report says the Islamists took from the premises and ignited in a bonfire in the town center.

I certainly hope this won't trigger world wide riots - after all, Christians in the past have reacted violently on a global scale the last time their faith came under attack....

But, hopefully, moderate Christians, such as Pat Robertson, won't appear on Christian satellite networks calling for the beheading of those responsible for destroying Christian texts or demanding Christians to seek 'revenge' for this insult to their faith.

No doubt, the majority of peace loving Christians will only want to see these Bible burners arrested and harshly punished - a public execution sounds like a reasonable response for the crime the Somali Islamists carried out.

I would also like to believe that Christians would channel their outrage over this incident in other peaceful avenues, such as pushing Blasphemy laws through the UN that would prohibit free speech when it comes to insulting Christian sensibilities and, indeed, those of followers from other faiths under international law.

Violent protests, if any actually do erupt, are to be condemned, unreservedly, by myself and others. But it should be pointed out that Buddhists have carried out violent protests in response to the destruction of Buddhist statues in Afghanistan too.

The only sure way of preventing any more acts of violence that cause hundreds of deaths, leave dozens of mosques burnt and launch waves of suicide bombings against the country where these acts took place is for Muslims to respect Christianity, so as not to trigger peace loving Christians into acts of mass violence and seething hate again.

http://www.persecution.org/2010/12/20/i ... n-somalia/

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Islamists Burn Christian Library - World Braces For Riot Dec 21, 2010
Good grief!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Islamists Burn Christian Library - World Braces For Riot Dec 21, 2010
Um just for the record , Those actions are politically motivated , partly due to the tense political climate within the country ,
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Islamists Burn Christian Library - World Braces For Riot Dec 22, 2010
Well done eh - your sarcasm is getting better. Practice does pay off - and don't let all those who put down the US education system or Bible camp lessons get to you! (I particularly liked the Pat Robertson remark - but you're right to put him and them in the same category).

Who knows, maybe one day you'll graduate to criticism of the majority of Muslims rather than focusing on the militant, lawless minority in the failed state of Somalia?

But credit where credit is due - your treatment of the story is much wittier than the vitriol on Jihadwatch where you got the story from. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Islamists burn Christian library - World braces for riot Dec 22, 2010
Of course the vast majority of Christians are peace loving.

There are a few extremists, but other religions, such as Muslims, have their extremists too.

Pat Robertson is a good example of a moderate Christian - like his moderate Muslim counterparts; Zakir Naik and Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

In the end of the day, if unruly mobs form and Christian terrorist cells are created, we can lay the blame of this extremism at the feet of occupation/poverty/education/alienation and call all those who would raise awareness of Christian militancy 'Christiano-phobes', don't you agree?
event horizon

You're right about there being extremist Christians.

Pat Robertson - he's a hoot, that's what he is - a Hoot!:
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funn ... ertson.htm
:mrgreen:

Here are some of your fellow Americans from the Westboro Baptist Church (nutters, I think you'll agree - but they can spell, unlike the Mooslims who want to kill juice! ;) ):

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well, we can compare the quotes of Roberston, which are just bluster and mostly harmless, to the violence promoting and intolerant ones of *'moderate' Muslims, such as Qaradawi and Zakir Naik:

http://artists4israel.blogspot.com/2009 ... uf-al.html

"The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; many say 'you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife.' If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs."

-- 'Moderate' Muslim, Zakir Naik

"People who change their religion should face the death penalty."

-- Not such a 'harmless' quote from Zakir Naik, 'Moderate Muslim'

* 'Moderate' Muslim is the official designation given to Muslim leaders by Western liberals if the Muslims do not fully support the killing of all non-Muslims
event horizon

Re: Islamists Burn Christian Library - World Braces For Riot Dec 23, 2010
Hey, I'm on your side eh - we've found something we agree on.

Robertson is indeed a joke - he's a hoot I say.

As for your fellow Americans who believe the Bible is correct to blame the Jews for killing Jesus (they have the Biblical reference on their posters) - I'm on your side. These guys shouldn't take the Bible so literally - they should consult with the 20th century revisionists that say these verses are fabrications and that we should blame the Italians.

I agree with you - the Bible is wrong to say the Jews were responsible for killing Jesus - and the Westboro Baptists should not take these Biblical verses literally (indeed, they need to reject these clear verses blaming the Jews as fabrications).

But good to see we're approaching Christmas on a point of agreement.

[Edit - I guessed rightly that a Memri video was going to make an appearance.. I wasn't disappointed. :mrgreen: ]

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Islamists burn Christian library - World braces for riot Dec 23, 2010
Perhaps you and the WBC peeps learned scripture from the same missionary websites?

Anyone who has done basic studies would know that rulers are blamed for Christ's crucifixion.

But I understand your need to change the subject from Muslim crazees (mainstream, 'moderate' Muslims) to some fringe attention seekers.

Hey, if I were as desperate as you, I'd prob use the same tactics.

Now back to Crazy Muslim scholars:

event horizon

In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives;

This view of the US is quite popular amongst Muslims. You see this desciption more. I was thinking where they got this from. Could it be that one or two attended a line dancing show with pork bbq, dancing and some serious "wife swapping" during the dances. I think this is the background.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives;

This view of the US is quite popular amongst Muslims. ...

These would be the same fictional 'Muslims' that you imagine can't make peace with non-Muslims would they, or are they different:
philosophy-dubai/the-only-time-muslims-seek-peace-when-they-need-reload-t42509.html

I'm always highly amused that 'Muslims' is used as a generalisation by Islamophobes just after they have produced a selective quote that ordinary rank and file Muslims will laugh at.

Edit (after seeing the response, I am compelled to refer to a previous post):
dubai-politics-talk/sudan-000-women-flogged-annually-t44576.html#p359262

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:These would be the same fictional 'Muslims' that you imagine can't make peace with non-Muslims would they, or are they different:
philosophy-dubai/the-only-time-muslims-seek-peace-when-they-need-reload-t42509.html

Funny that, it was you who agree with it, not me.

8)

Anyways, if you wish to discuss anything concerning that thread, do it in that thread and donot show your desperation about it in other threads!

And yes, I have only heard this view about the US from Muslims.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk