Guns

Topic locked
Guns Jul 04, 2009
What do you think about this? Private citizens and guns.
One county near where I'm from requires all homeowners to have one. I doubt you'd get arrested for not having one but it is an old law in the books.

What about shooting ranges?

puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Guns Jul 05, 2009
puppypup wrote:What do you think about this? Private citizens and guns.
One county near where I'm from requires all homeowners to have one. I doubt you'd get arrested for not having one but it is an old law in the books.

What about shooting ranges?

Well, your second amendment gives you the right to carry guns...
But its crazy ofcourse.

Just look at Europe. Way less murders that in the US, simply because guns are harder to come by.

Why need a full or semi automatic gun anyway? :D
Its quite sick actually
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 05, 2009
So does puppy shooting a semi auto or revolver not look sexy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 05, 2009
puppypup wrote:So does puppy shooting a semi auto or revolver not look sexy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Honestly? 8)

I'd die for you :D
RobbyG

Jul 05, 2009
Not if you were standing in front of her....like most women I bet she couldn't hit a barn door at ten paces :D :P ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
Figurally speaking ofcourse :lol:
RobbyG

Jul 05, 2009
Indeed.... :D

George Phillips , an elderly man, from Meridian, Mississippi, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things. He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"
He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.
The police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."
George said, "Okay." He hung up the phone and counted to 30.

Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed.. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed..

One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
Yeah you must have a booky full of them poems :lol:

Priceless ;)
RobbyG

Jul 05, 2009
Haha that's funny. I'll remember that if I'm ever in trouble but I'd get arrested for lying to the police even if it saved my life or possessions.

Seriously though do you also think it's crazy to shoot as a sport (like the Olympics) or at shooting ranges. Or shoot for food.

I heard it's very expensive and exclusive to be part of a shooting club in France. Here in the States you can go to a range spending only $12-$20 including firearm rental, bullets, target, ear and eye protection. Are there ranges in Australia, Holland, Britain or wherever you guys are from?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 05, 2009
In the UK, guns (as in real firearms) have been totally banned except shotguns (for pest control, etc) and so only criminals have the guns there now. :(

I believe that everyone should learn how to shoot, just like everyone should learn how to swim (even Africans who may never even see the sea!). The world is changing.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
When I go to the US I always spend some time at the range.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2009
dont think its a problem to have a gun provided you aint a lunatic and gonna go into a school, and kill your ex-gf for sleeping with the headmaster :D

i luv guns but only for hunting.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk