Foiled Terrorist Plot - Real Bomb

Topic locked
Re: Foiled Terrorist Plot - Real Bomb Feb 28, 2011
shafique wrote:FBI says this was a terrorist bomb plot. I can't see how I'm in the wrong for agreeing with the experts.

Here’s an interesting definition I found from the News Bunny Dictionaries!

expert
Pronunciation:/ˈɛkspəːt/
Noun
• ɛks being an unknown quantity
• spəːt being a drip under pressure

drip
Pronunciation:/drɪp/
noun
• informal, a weak and ineffectual person.

:lol: ROFLMSO

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon wrote:
shafique wrote:FBI says this was a terrorist bomb plot. I can't see how I'm in the wrong for agreeing with the experts.

Here’s an interesting definition I found from the News Bunny Dictionaries!

expert
Pronunciation:/ˈɛkspəːt/
Noun
• ɛks being an unknown quantity
• spəːt being a drip under pressure

drip
Pronunciation:/drɪp/
noun
• informal, a weak and ineffectual person.

:lol: ROFLMSO

PMSL!!!!

Pretty much sums up FBI agents. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Well I can't wait to read Beth's book: My Mother is a Terrorist!!! I mean, BM squeezed that poor child's injured knee to put fear in her to improve her grades!! One can only wonder what other acts of terrorism did BM use on her child? :shock: :shock:

DId I go off your discussion Shaf?? :drunken: I think so since your "discussion" is so one-sided. You should consider inventing another personality on DF so that you can have discussions with someone else who will agree with you??? :thumbright: :thumbleft:

:snorting: :snorting:

'My Mother is a Terrorist', I quite like that! She had threatened to write a book entitled 'My Mother is a P*ss Artist'. She has enough stories.

Sorry, off topic, do continue....

Way to go Dillon, you are on form today :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Let me get this straight - are you STILL seriously trying to convince me that you guys are right and the FBI, AP etc etc are all wrong? :shock:

Kudos on the hubris.

Let me tackle the other questions:

Bora Bora wrote:And there you stand on the side of the law!!! You go Shaf!!!! Do you believe everything you read? I certainly don't and that includes what is posted on forums.

No, I've come to learn to be especially suspicious of 'statements of belief' by people on forums which are based on nothing more than a belief that they are right, and not actual evidence. ;)

FBI classifies this bomb attempt as terrorism with a political and racist element- I repeat, I agree with the experts.

Let me know if you manage to convince the FBI and all the news agencies they are wrong. I'm sure they could do with a laugh as well. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Shaf, I could give you a long post that is totally irrelevant to yours, but that's your style.

From what I can see is that if the FBI had labeled it a hate crime, or based it on racial motivation, you wouldn't have even considered reading about it. But they used that magic word "TERRORISM" and that caught your attention.

Don't you question your obsession about terrorism, Jews and Muslim ranting as being a bit over the top??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Foiled Terrorist Plot - Real Bomb Mar 01, 2011
I haven't mentioned Jews in this thread, unless I'm very much mistaken - and this particular terrorist plot has nothing to do with Muslims.

I'm not the one trying to convince people that the FBI and all the media reports are wrong about this terrorist bomb plot.

And just to correct another misconception - this thread was actually about the mis-match in media coverage over this real bomb plot vs other fake ones. The side-line discussion over whether the FBI etc are correct to call this failed bomb plot against American civilians was fascinating, but doesn't really change the central questions posed in the OP over why this terrorist plot's coverage is relatively more muted than the fake ones featured.

It clearly isn't the main news agencies' fault - AP etc carried the interviews by the Special Agent in charge of the relevant unit - quoting him saying this was a domestic terrorist attack AND a race hate crime. It can't be the fault of the FBI either - they communicated the facts.

What seems to be different is that some want to believe the FBI are wrong on their assessment that this is terrorism, and the wider media didn't hype the real bomb plot in the way fake ones were hyped.

And, let's not forget that the official stats show that there are many, many more of these attempts on civilian lives carried out by non-Islamists (as in this case) than in the hyped cases.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Foiled Terrorist Plot - Real Bomb Mar 01, 2011
Does the word "possibility" mean anything?

I'm off to take a nap now.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk