Al-Dura Hoax: The Story Continues

Topic locked
Al-Dura hoax: the story continues Jul 18, 2010
The Al-Dura Hoax: Truth, Finally, May Be Coming

The al-Dura hoax was first broadcast by France 2 — French public television — on September 30, 2000. For years, people all over the world have fought for what seemed to be the impossible: have France 2 admit they aired a fraud. But this month, things have changed very positively in favor of the truth.

I recently watched a documentary coming from the German public TV, ARD — “The Kid, the Death, and the Truth” — which also proves that France 2 aired a fake news report.

Let me remind you that this news report triggered the second Intifada, incited Muslims all over the world; that squares are dedicated to the child and that postage stamps have been printed with the picture of Mohammed al-Dura.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Al-Dura Hoax: The Story Continues Jul 18, 2010
Well, it would be interesting to see how this plays out.

3 years ago, there was a lot of noise about the loons finally being able to prove that Muhammad Al-Durrah's death in 2000 was a hoax, but nothing came of it.

But hey, I guess it is worth another round or two - but it is taking a lot of time and effort to overturn the fact that the IDF initially did say it was an Israeli bullet that killed the 12 year old we all saw in the unforgettable footage.

It took over 5 years before the loons decided to try and cast doubt over the footage, but you really can't blame them for trying. Perhaps they thought that so many people believing conspiracy theories about 9/11, they'd throw one in for good measure.

What is the consipiracy?

Well, France 2's camera man arranged for the IDF to engage in gunfight and positioned Jamal and his son at the crossing - then fake his death and then show a different boy being buried later on that day. Hmm. Given the years they had to come up with an excuse, seems that they could have come up with a more plausible one.

But hey, let's not deny them their time in the sun - perhaps we will see some proof after all these years! ;)

But for me, I'm still sickened at this blatant attempt to blame the victim. But as long as loon ideology is around, I'm afraid we'll get these sick attempts.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk