Ding Dong, Osama's Dead!

Topic locked
Ding dong, Osama's dead! May 02, 2011
Wow, this great news came out of the blue!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

So much for the Americans bringing out Osama dead or alive just before an election, as someone once accused would happen. :P

-- Mon May 02, 2011 8:24 am --

Oops, sorry. I didn't see that Dillon already started an Osama thread in General.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Ding dong, Osama's dead! May 02, 2011
A statement from Hamas on the killing:

Ismail Haniyeh - head of Hamas in the Gaza Strip

We condemn the assassination and the killing of an Arab holy warrior. We ask God to offer him
mercy with the true believers and the martyrs.

We regard this as a continuation of the American policy based on oppression and the shedding of Muslim and Arab blood.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 84209.html
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Ding dong, Osama's dead! May 04, 2011
event horizon wrote:A statement from Hamas on the killing:

Ismail Haniyeh - head of Hamas in the Gaza Strip

We condemn the assassination and the killing of an Arab holy warrior. We ask God to offer him
mercy with the true believers and the martyrs.

We regard this as a continuation of the American policy based on oppression and the shedding of Muslim and Arab blood.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 84209.html

I can see where he's coming from. After all, didn't OBL do what he did because he felt it was his duty to help Palestine?? :o
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:I can see where he's coming from. After all, didn't OBL do what he did because he felt it was his duty to help Palestine?? :o

No doubt OBL is a hero amongst Palestinian. I think its safe to say no-one supported OBL more than the Pali's. However, OBL's main drive was against the American Crusaders. OBL did not focus much on Israel. Much like the Taliban.
OBL took his duties from the Quran.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Indeed FD. Even though OBL's popularity had taken a fall, he was still popular amongst the Palestinians:

As we can see, OBL's popularity was high when his claim to fame was the murder of thousands of Westerners. His popularity waned from terrorist attacks in Muslim countries by al-Qaeda franchises and al-Qaeda's failure in carrying out other large scale terror attacks in the West.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Ding dong, Osama's dead! May 05, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I can see where he's coming from. After all, didn't OBL do what he did because he felt it was his duty to help Palestine?? :o

No doubt OBL is a hero amongst Palestinian. I think its safe to say no-one supported OBL more than the Pali's. However, OBL's main drive was against the American Crusaders. OBL did not focus much on Israel. Much like the Taliban.
OBL took his duties from the Quran.

OBL focused on the US for being the strongest supporter of Israel - Israel being his target but he couldn't get near it. When you say Pali's do you mean Palistinians? In reality, what exactly did he do to help the Palestinian cause or the Palestinian people? If so, I would have to disagree. It was the Pakistani's who supported him and protected him.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk