Christian Vs Muslim Convert Terror Counts - The Results

Topic locked
Re: Christian vs Muslim convert terror counts - the results Jan 28, 2010
You're quite welcome.

I'm still willing to help you reach 10, but first we still need to find the 5th one.

Once we get to 10, then perhaps we can revisit why you now think the 242 Christian Convert terrorists are no longer Christian Convert Terrorists. Just wishing it wasn't true doesn't really work in the real world eh! ;)

C'mon, I'm embarrassed by your count of 4, let's try and make this a bit fairer.. bring on number 5.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Jan 28, 2010
event horizon wrote:Ok, fair enough. I certainly concede that NLFT are converts to Christianity.

From the first page of this thread where all the evidence still resides.

I think you said something about 'flip-flopping' today in another thread? ;)

But hey, don't let my count of 242 Christian convert terrorists throw you - let's concentrate on increasing your count.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Let's see news articles on these 242 converts? Does the source you are getting this number from say they were converts? Please explain.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Again, I refer you to the first page of this thread and your own conclusion. (The information of the terrorist acts are clearly listed - by an organisation set up to monitor terrorist acts - and I even provide links to a BBC news article about the group - I'm not sure what other information you want).

You were convinced in October - but I guess back then you probably did think that you'd find more than 4 Muslim convert terrorists!

Now, how about trying to get to number 5?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Christian vs Muslim convert terror counts - the results Feb 23, 2010
I have some free time whilst waiting for eh to tackle his unaswered questions (Rapture etc) - so I am willing to extend my offer to help find the 5th example of a Muslim convert terrorist to counterbalance the 242 non-Muslim convert terrorists I've linked to.

I'm struggling to find a fifth though - eh, shall we officially close the count?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Christian vs Muslim convert terror counts - the results Mar 03, 2010
Ok, well I guess we have reached the final count on this topic which was exploring the theory proposed by 'eh' that Islam produces more converts who commit terrorist acts than any other religion. The challenge was to look at the statistics and see whether this hypothesis is supported by any statistics.

eh chose the time period - 2001 to 2009 and even selected which areas of the world we'd look at in order. Whilst we left out those converts who indirectly may have caused the death of civilians (eg Tony Blair, some Far Eastern converts), the figures below reflect the numbers of converts who actually carried out terrorist attacks in the period.

The sum total of the Muslim converts is, uncontroversially, a grand total of..... four.

The figure on the other side is 242 - and is an underestimate of the numbers of terrorists from the 'National Holy Army' of the NLFT in India - who are called the 'Christian Al Qaeda' by some and whose terrorist acts are all listed on a Terrorist watching organisations website. Among their crimes is the forced conversions of Indians to Christianity and rather controversially, they have been supported by some Church organisations.

That said, the statistics should speak for themselves and the stats are:

shafique wrote:
shafique wrote:
Between 2001 and 2009:

Number of Muslim Convert Terrorist carrying out attacks: 4
Number Killed by these: 146
Number Injured: 120

vs

Number of non-Muslim Convert Terrorist carrying out attacks: 242
Number killed by these: 255
Number injured :388

Only 238 behind now, but no problems - I'll help you out a bit more - please provide the next set of references.

So, please let's have reference for terrorist number 5.

Cheers,
Shafique

I consider this topic closed.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Christian vs Muslim convert terror counts - the results Mar 03, 2010
Let me know when you have any news articles to confirm what the website you linked to claims.
event horizon

Re: Christian vs Muslim convert terror counts - the results Mar 06, 2010
MOSCOW -- Russian authorities on Saturday blamed a group of Islamic militants killed and captured in an offensive last week for the November bombing of a luxury train to St. Petersburg, the deadliest terrorist attack on Russian soil outside the volatile North Caucasus in years.

Alexander Bortnikov, director of the Federal Security Service, said explosive components recovered in the raid in the troubled Ingushetia province, located west of Chechnya, and DNA taken from the alleged rebels matched those found after the attack on the Nevsky Express train, which left 28 people dead and more than 90 others injured....

Speaking in a televised meeting with President Dmitry Medvedev, Bortnikov said the group is also suspected in 15 other attacks, including bombings and the slaying of security officers.

Among those killed in the raid, he said, was Alexander Tikhomirov, a young preacher who had emerged as a major figure in the violent radical Muslim insurgency that has evolved from the Chechen separatist movement and spread across the mountains of Russia's southwest frontier.

Tikhomirov's death could represent an important victory for Russian forces in the North Caucasus, because he was considered an effective propagandist and seemed to play a key role in rallying the insurgency's ethnic and local factions around the goal of establishing a fundamentalist Caucasus Emirate.

A convert to Islam from Siberia who studied in Egypt and was thought to be in his late 20s, he had appeared in Internet videos taking credit for suicide attacks on the Ingush governor's motorcade and on a police station in Ingushetia's largest city, Nazran. The latter showed him sitting with what appeared to be a barrel of explosives, which he described as "a small present for our apostates and infidels."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... ailarticle
event horizon

Re: Christian vs Muslim convert terror counts - the results Mar 07, 2010
Given we were not counting those indirectly killing civilians (such as Blair, Bush), your count remains at 4.

I would have a problem estimating the numbers of civilians killed as a result of born-again Christian Bush and Catholic convert Blair have indirectly caused - so I'd rather not change the rules nd stay with the counts as above.

So - given the period was to the end of 2009, the count is final.

Cheers
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk