Definition Of A Loon

Topic locked
Definition of a Loon Feb 21, 2011
What's a loon Shafique? I've googled it and can't come up with a answer. Please can you define the term 'loon'?
It seems to be a favourite word of yours.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Definition of a Loon Feb 22, 2011
Thanks for asking. This his covered in the Religion forum, but before you joined. Here's the clarification you asked for:

shafique wrote:Loon is a term that is now being used more and more to describe the actions of Islamophobes and their 'beliefs'. There is a website dedicated to exposing loons:

Loonwatch.com is a blogzine run by a motley group of hate-allergic bloggers to monitor and expose the web’s plethora of anti-Muslim loons, wackos, and conspiracy theorists.

While we find the sheer stupidity and outrageousness of the loons to be a source of invaluable comedy, we also recognize the seriousness of the danger they represent as dedicated hatemongers. And so, while our style reflects our bemusement, our content is fact checked and our sources well vetted making sure loonwatch.com is a reliable educational – if entertaining – resource on the rambunctious underworld of Muslim-bashing.

Loon noun

1. a worthless lazy fellow
2. a person with confused ideas; incapable of serious thought [syn: addle-head]
3. large somewhat primitive fish-eating diving bird of the northern hemisphere having webbed feet placed far back; related to the grebes
Source: WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

And so, grab a cup of coffee and join us, won’t you, as we expose the trials and travails of the hatemongers in our midst: loons in the mist.

http://www.loonwatch.com/about/

Well worth an occasional read, and I will continue to link/post the more interesting articles.

Cheers,
Shafique

philosophy-dubai/loonwatch-t42306.html#p340284

I trust your confusion levels are now lower.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk