Bush Shoe Protestor Says Worldwide Fame Has Still Left Him A

Topic locked
Bush shoe protestor says worldwide fame has still left him a Dec 21, 2009
Promises of money, gold, camels and virgin brides for a Mooslim hero were never kept

A year after the gesture that instantly gained him adulation throughout the Arab world, the Iraqi reporter who threw his shoes at George Bush has complained that life since then has not lived up to expectations in one crucial respect – money.

In an interview with the Observer, Muntazer al-Zaidi said his only regret after spending nine months in prison – where he says he was repeatedly beaten by his jailers – was that he was still a relatively poor man. :lol: :lol:

Dont fcuk with the WesT

chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Bush shoe protestor says worldwide fame has still left him a Dec 22, 2009
What a great man he is, that still stays in the minds of the enemies of islam and that his name and his firm protest is still spoken about and that he does not get dropped from the toughts and the mouths of his enemies…Now this should be the greatest reward he is given by his enemies on behalf of his nation that cannot possibly be subsitituted with billions of dollars…What a holly man of courage against the hypocrites of the world!…my salutation goes to him…
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Bush shoe protestor says worldwide fame has still left him a Dec 22, 2009
Berrin wrote:What a great man he is, that still stays in the minds of the enemies of islam and that his name and his firm protest is still spoken about and that he does not get dropped from the toughts and the mouths of his enemies…Now this should be the greatest reward he is given by his enemies on behalf of his nation that cannot possibly be subsitituted with billions of dollars…What a holly man of courage against the hypocrites of the world!…my salutation goes to him…

Unfortunately he doesn't see it that way???
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Bush shoe protestor says worldwide fame has still left him a Dec 23, 2009
event horizon wrote:
Berrin wrote:What a great man he is, that still stays in the minds of the enemies of islam and that his name and his firm protest is still spoken about and that he does not get dropped from the toughts and the mouths of his enemies…Now this should be the greatest reward he is given by his enemies on behalf of his nation that cannot possibly be subsitituted with billions of dollars…What a holly man of courage against the hypocrites of the world!…my salutation goes to him…

Unfortunately he doesn't see it that way???

Dude, if you had the opportunity to throw an entire second-hand shoe shop at Bush wouldn't you want to? I know most people of all races and religions would!
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Yea what a great man he truly is...his achievements are unparalleled. So What did he do? - he threw a pair of shoes at someone...civilization has come so far from when men were apes and we did'nt have a language.

Achievements - O yea, he got arrested and subsequently humiliated, wow that is so worthy of emulating. Gee Berrin what high goals you've set for urself. So when are you stepping up to the plate? We at DF certainly support you wholeheartedly!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

the guy doesnt know that you dont need money to be rich ;)

he is already rich ;) it will take time before he sees how rich he is
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

O yea, he got arrested and subsequently humiliated.

I wonder if you would say the same for those civilized soldiers in Iraq, Pakistan and Afganishtan or whereever they shouldn't have been in the firts place.. I entirely understand your grief, and I wonder if you would claim the same, just incase any of them get arrested and subsequently humiliated..

Indeed, civilization has come so far.... from when men were apes and we did'nt have a language.(Men have never been apes and always had language)
But our colonizing western civilized friends of the 21st centuary teach and show us that it's not the case...
And yet they still regard and treat certain nations of the world as the nations of the apes without language..
That's where the problem lies and that's what they get in return(ape like behaivour)...
Otherwise, it's not that anyone approves shoe throwing but unfortunatly sometimes similar things are the only means to show what is what..
and to make you happy, I am glad to say that he has tried many ways before, being the journalist he is...
but hey,how can he achieve something that the busted politicians can't achieve around the tables for so many months and years..(I guess when they sit around the table, all of a sudden they remember the apes inside them) lol.
So get your facts right please..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk