BNP - Question Time

Topic locked
Re: BNP - Question Time Jan 25, 2011
shafique wrote:LOL - when a spin fails so badly, I guess insults are the only way to go. :)

Cheers,
Shafique

Hehe...does seem like it. When all else fails give it a whirl !

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aah I see, you've just swapped places then?
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon wrote:It is my understanding that Nick Griffin once questioned certain particular episodes of the Holocaust but now accepts, and has done for some time now, the Holocaust in it’s entirety and he in fact clarified this to David Dimbleby and the panel in the OP debate. He changed his mind as many politicians often do, So I fail to see why you are constantly harping on about Nick Griffin being a Holocaust Denier? Unless you are privy to any further information you would like to share with us as has been posted recently of members of Hamas, other than it’s propagandist?

It is also my considered opinion that sayeeda Warsi was a poor contributor to the debate, she debated very little, the majority of her rhetoric was typical of one from the British Paki community crying discrimination at every opportunity and throwing her personal accusations against Nick Griffin that he was never allowed to respond to.

The outcome of the so called ‘famous’ debate, was neither famous nor was it a debate, it was an orchestrated demolition of the BNP by the BBC.

Re Paki – Pakistani, Take no notice of them BM, it’s just the forums resident paranoid schizophrenics looking to disguise their own prejudices claiming to be one of life’s victims again, if they want to retain ownership of a 1960’s derogatory British definition of Paki, let them feel free to do so, I personally feel they should not attempt to propagate such a definition beyond the shores of the UK, and to do so, I feel is the epitome of a racist act.

The world’s population at large understand a Paki to be a native of Pakistan, that’s all, and why anyone would wish to change that definition to something derogatory defies all logic, unless of course, there is another message in there somewhere?

Regards

Troll opines:

shafique wrote:Interesting spin.

It was indeed a demolition of Nick Griffin and his views - and the programme was indeed arranged by the BBC who invited him on. Griffin chose to appear and was demolished - finding excuses for his lack of answers is funny.

As for pretending that 'Paki' is not a derogatory term akin to 'nigger' is incredibly brave of you - as anyone who is not a Brit can easily verify when they speak to a British person (and that's after the links to BBC articles etc which explain this point).

But I guess that this is the only way one can express solidarity for a BNP supporter or indeed, implicitly the BNP leader himself.

Excellent points, Dillon.

It's unfortunate some are still hoodwinked by one of our resident mischief makers. The more members take my advice and post in the Politics/Religion forums, the more I see these members beginning to realize that shafique is indeed a troll.

The mask is beginning to slip. Shafique has no rational thought process. Being a troll is part of his makeup. Just look at his entire comment (especially the last line where our resident moderator concluded you are now an implicit supporter of Nick Griffin !), and I dare any one to find a well developed response to anything you wrote.

Regardless, I hope, Dillon, you continue to post in these part of the woods despite the antics of some. Unlike our wannabee intellectual (who couldn't string together rational thought if his life depended on it), your posts are well written, reasonable and lack the self-absorption I know is present in others.

This sub-forum is small enough as it is. Any fresh blood is always welcomed by me. What speaks volumes is that for others, they'd rather have a conformist crowd than expand this forum's membership if others don't agree with their brilliant logic.

As I said, hopefully you'll continue to at least swing by to demolish some of the absurd arguments and talking points of our less insightful fellow posters.
event horizon

Re: BNP - Question Time Jan 26, 2011
Dude if anyone indeeds fit the defenition of the word troll in this forum that is you, and you failing to see yourself as one is quite disturbing.

If you haven't noticed yet. This is "Dubai Forums". What have you got to do with dubai ? Do you live here, have you ever lived here, do you intend to visit here, are you intrested in the city or country, Are you trying to seek any information regarding this city/country. Do you have anything intresting to say on a vareity of topics. The answer to all that is NO. Your sole intrest in this forum is to sit on the other corner of the world and just post your anti Islamic propaganda. So who's the troll now ?
desertdudeshj

Don't often post in this forum but do follow it (EH welcome my new blood anytime you want).

On the BNP question time - my two cents

(1) I don't think any of the panel were particularly great - so agree that Warsi was not a standout by any means - she rallied the crowd but made comments that would be warmly greeted.

(2) The star of the show was Nick Griffin and the most interesting part of the debate for me was that the BNP was quite clearly shown to have a strategy whereby they soften their stance to a more moderate one in the short term in order to allow them to gain more support (such as accepting the holocaust, not insisting that all people of coloured origin leave the UK immediately, etc) but have ultimately not changed their long term desires nor their inherent racist convictions.

(3) The BNP feel that the UK should be preserved for the "indigenous" people of the land. I don't even think that is an appropriate term as its use is generally preserved for societies trying to retain their essensce following contact with western cultures (such as the aborigines) and this seems more about western cultures (the UK one) trying to preserve its integrity from mass immigration. The term regardless of its use is somewhat irrelevant in my opinion as I think its impossible to determine who the indigenous people are and for that matter what constitues actual english people, actual americans, etc. At the end of the day we are all made up of immigration that occured maybe tens of years ago, hundreds of years ago or even thousands of years ago. As question time pointed out Churchill's roots itself were in America and elsewhere.

(4) I think immigration in the UK has been out of control under the previous labour and conservative governments for some time. The immigrant minority getting the most flak is usually of the "brown" variety as they integrate the least relative to others. In addition 7/7 and 9/11 has produced more fear of islam and of "brown" people which I think is understandable. Does immigration at the scale it was taking place need to stop - absolutely. Is immigration a bad thing - I think it adds a lot more benefits than the frictions and problems it creates. I think every society is richer for its diversity.

(5) Now about the word "paki". I think anyone that claims that its the same as saying "aussie" or just a short form of expressing the word pakistani probably knows that is totally rubbish. In the UK and I think in pretty much the rest of the world it is well recognised as a racist term used to describe anyone that is a brown. Guys and gals - it is simply wrong to say this word and the same as using words like "nigger" or such like. If you don't belive me than say it a few times in public next time you are in London and see how you get on. Or if you need more proof ask some brown people how it feels if they are addressed as a paki.

We are all the children of Abraham - peace.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

The term Paki, in the UK, is indeed regarded as offensive, and I wouldn’t attempt to persuade anyone otherwise, but in all my time here in the UAE, around 28 or so of the last 35 Years, not once have I heard any extreme left wing groups shouting their profanities at the Pakistani communities or advising them to ‘Go Home’ and taking ownership in a derogatory manner of the shortened version, Paki. In reality, the general consensus of opinion, is that the Pakis are in fact pitied for their working and living conditions and the pittances the uneducated are paid for their labours, the educated ones I find are treated no different from any other ethnic group here in the UAE and are often referred to as Pakis by their peers, I see no benefit of introducing a foreign definition of Paki into UAE society and firmly believe the Pakistani community should be just as proud of the shortened version of Paki, just as every other nationality is as proud of theirs.

Regards
Dillon

^Let me have a final say on this subject to point out some facts (I didn't think I needed to say anything further on the Paki issue - given Joe's excellent summary)

My definition of Paki was to Bora Bora and was to explain BM's use of the term in a conversation she had with some white men in a pub in England.

shafique wrote:So, if you read that a Brit is mouthing off about 'Pakis' - don't take that to mean they are complaining only about Pakistanis - but rather about Brown skinned people.

To which BM called me a liar:
Bethsmum wrote:Bora, take no notice of Shaf. He speaks with forked tongue. British people are refered to as Brits, Austarlians as Aussies and Scottish as Jocks. Why do the Pakistanis object to Paki? It just isn't true that Brits refer to anyone with brown skin as a Paki.

Dillon used the term, and also tried to make out I was trying to change the meaning of the word 'Paki'
Dillon wrote:..
the majority of her rhetoric was typical of one from the British Paki community

Dillon wrote:Re Paki – Pakistani, Take no notice of them BM, it’s just the forums resident paranoid schizophrenics looking to disguise their own prejudices claiming to be one of life’s victims again, if they want to retain ownership of a 1960’s derogatory British definition of Paki, let them feel free to do so, I personally feel they should not attempt to propagate such a definition beyond the shores of the UK, and to do so, I feel is the epitome of a racist act.

The world’s population at large understand a Paki to be a native of Pakistan, that’s all, and why anyone would wish to change that definition to something derogatory defies all logic, unless of course, there is another message in there somewhere?

Now, I wasn't born in the 1960s (there's some personal info for you) - but I can certainly testify that the use of Paki as a derogatory term is as potent in 2011 as it was in 1971 - and now there seems to be no disagreement with this fact. I call that progress.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I see you've stuck your head up your own arse again Shaf! I reckon an analyst would make a fortune sorting out all those spiders crawling around in your head spinning their webs and clouding your judgement.

I accept none of your false accusation, again, and stand by everything I have posted to Date.

Regards
Dillon

When at wits end, truly insults are the refuge of the feeble minded.
desertdudeshj

Ooh… here he is, right on cue, I’m afraid you’ll have to wait a while for your sniff this morning Desperate Dud, as I think you’ll find the space is already occupied with Shaf’s own head.

:lol: :lol:
Dillon

Point proven ;)
desertdudeshj

^What's with Dillon's obsession with men's ar$es?

:)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Enough of personal insults. If you don't have anything comstructive to add to the thread other just make a fool of yourselves its better to lock this thread.

EH, as usual I will be expecting a thread in general from you moaning about moderation.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk