BNP - Question Time

Topic locked
Re: BNP - Question Time Jan 23, 2011
Thank you for the correction Shaf. Another case of one word having two meanings. Us Yanks across the pond don't see it as being anything other than short for Pakistani with no offense attached to it. Another word for me to think about before using it. :?

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Thank you for the correction Shaf. Another case of one word having two meanings. Us Yanks across the pond don't see it as being anything other than short for Pakistani with no offense attached to it. Another word for me to think about before using it. :?

Bora, take no notice of Shaf. He speaks with forked tongue. British people are refered to as Brits, Austarlians as Aussies and Scottish as Jocks. Why do the Pakistanis object to Paki? It just isn't true that Brits refer to anyone with brown skin as a Paki. He's just refering back to the white feral underclass thing and making out we are all thick. Unfortunately he has a big chip on his shoulder. He knows he isn't English, look! he's even naffed off back from whence he came waving his little red book.
I wouldn't dream of calling anyone a nigger nor a yid.
It hasn't got two meanings Bora, take it from me.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oh, lordy, now I'm confused.

Regards,
A Yank
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Don't be Bora, it's quite simple. Shaf is in denial.
Denial is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.
Bethsmum

In modern British usage "Paki" is typically used in a derogatory way as a label for all South Asians, including Indians, Afghans and Bangladeshis.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Paki
desertdudeshj

Well if it's in the wiktionary it must be right!

Tell me DDS, are you insulted by the term Paki? And if so, why?
Bethsmum

In Canada "Paki" is a derogatory word. Why nitpick over why a word is or isn't offensive to a group of people - it just is! The same for the word "Nigger". If you don't want to offend anyone, don't use it. If you don't give a rat's backside and want to be derogatory, then go ahead and use those words. Simple!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Well if it's in the wiktionary it must be right!

In this case you owe something to Shafique I think..Did we really need wikipedia confirmation to have confidence in him?

Tell me DDS, are you insulted by the term Paki? And if so, why?

What I find rather sad that prevalent in all her posts is that she continues to say what she means through seemingly naive questions and comments as such..i.e still insults his identity in the form of a question..
BM, How can you expect him to be proud of a dragatory term used for ethnic slur eh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs#Paki

This is just one of the reasons why I would hate to disclose my nationality and gender on open forums like this..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Wonder what is the origin of the terms that are now categorized as derogatory ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oh dear, I'm now being accused of 'speaking with forked tongue', LOL.

But hey, I don't mind people not taking my explanations at face value and checking out the references.

Perhaps this article from the BBC will clarify it further (and note that the reference to Shilpa Shetty refers to when she was called a Paki on tv. Shilpa is Indian - and the controversy was not because she is not Pakistani, but because of the nature of the word Paki):

For years, the word [Paki] stood solely for vehement racial abuse
While reclaiming the N-word has prompted debate in wider society British Asians are engaged in a similar quandary about the word Paki.

It's a word I heard all too often in my formative years and one which still stirs up bad memories of bovver boots, skinheads and "Paki-bashing".

The origins of the P-word, as its known in polite society, are far more recent than its black equivalent, which dates back to the 16th Century.

Its first recorded use was in 1964, when hostility in Britain to immigration from its former colonies in the Asian sub-continent, was beginning to find a voice.

Despite being an abbreviation for "Pakistani", its proponents tended to be less discriminating about its application - directing it against anyone with brown skin, be they Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi. Sometimes even non-Asians who happened to have a dark complexion found themselves on the receiving end.

Forty years on, use of the word is still highly sensitive and has the potential to cause great offence. Earlier this year, it was alluded to in unbroadcast material from the Celebrity Big Brother house, when Indian housemate Shilpa Shetty became the target of racist abuse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6740445.stm

Perhaps some people think that the BBC is not quite British enough... ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Personally I could be least offended by what any virtual entity like BM's says. I've dealt with much worse in real life. Like I said earlier I actually feel sorry for such racists and xenophobes who have to live in their own little twisted paranoid world, while the rest of us normal people go about living their lives without worrying if more muzzies or pakis will be moving into my neighbourhood and when will I get my white country back.

Its funny to watch them squirm and deny when conforted by their own tripe, just as Nick Griffin in the debate. Watch her try to squirm her way out of the corner shes painted herself in by denying that her use of the term paki or mooslims wasn't meant to be derogatory and then trying to save face with her chum. Oh no bora don't believe shaf, he's a liar. You really don't have to be from the UK to understand the context they are being used in. I think shaf did a briliant job with replacing the terms with other slurs which people are more familiar with, just to show what the real context is.

As always this will be tried to be justified as just being humour with no malicious intent circa Bernand Maning ( Atleast his stuff was funny ), some might even fall for it and some have, but to me it stands out bright as day for what it really is.
desertdudeshj

Lets face it guyz, this issue wont be solved until the earth reverses in its axis, I just tune it out, people say things with different motivations, why bother with that , if you are forced to listen just nod you head, say uhuh, and let your mind drift, voila , fixed :)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

desertdudeshj wrote:Personally I could be least offended by what any virtual entity like BM's says. I've dealt with much worse in real life. Like I said earlier I actually feel sorry for such racists and xenophobes who have to live in their own little twisted paranoid world, while the rest of us normal people go about living their lives without worrying if more muzzies or pakis will be moving into my neighbourhood and when will I get my white country back.

Its funny to watch them squirm and deny when conforted by their own tripe, just as Nick Griffin in the debate. Watch her try to squirm her way out of the corner shes painted herself in by denying that her use of the term paki or mooslims wasn't meant to be derogatory and then trying to save face with her chum. Oh no bora don't believe shaf, he's a liar. You really don't have to be from the UK to understand the context they are being used in. I think shaf did a briliant job with replacing the terms with other slurs which people are more familiar with, just to show what the real context is.

As always this will be tried to be justified as just being humour with no malicious intent circa Bernand Maning ( Atleast his stuff was funny ), some might even fall for it and some have, but to me it stands out bright as day for what it really is.

See DDS you aren't offended by me saying Paki! The same as me not being offended when you've called me a whore, chubs, fat, spotty, racist, white supremacist, err that's all that springs to mind, but no doubt there will be more to come! :D

-- Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:23 pm --

shafique wrote:Oh dear, I'm now being accused of 'speaking with forked tongue', LOL.

But hey, I don't mind people not taking my explanations at face value and checking out the references.

Perhaps this article from the BBC will clarify it further (and note that the reference to Shilpa Shetty refers to when she was called a Paki on tv. Shilpa is Indian - and the controversy was not because she is not Pakistani, but because of the nature of the word Paki):

For years, the word [Paki] stood solely for vehement racial abuse
While reclaiming the N-word has prompted debate in wider society British Asians are engaged in a similar quandary about the word Paki.

It's a word I heard all too often in my formative years and one which still stirs up bad memories of bovver boots, skinheads and "Paki-bashing".

The origins of the P-word, as its known in polite society, are far more recent than its black equivalent, which dates back to the 16th Century.

Its first recorded use was in 1964, when hostility in Britain to immigration from its former colonies in the Asian sub-continent, was beginning to find a voice.

Despite being an abbreviation for "Pakistani", its proponents tended to be less discriminating about its application - directing it against anyone with brown skin, be they Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi. Sometimes even non-Asians who happened to have a dark complexion found themselves on the receiving end.

Forty years on, use of the word is still highly sensitive and has the potential to cause great offence. Earlier this year, it was alluded to in unbroadcast material from the Celebrity Big Brother house, when Indian housemate Shilpa Shetty became the target of racist abuse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6740445.stm

Perhaps some people think that the BBC is not quite British enough... ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

As I've said before if you balanced your argument out with one from the other side you may have more credibility. You have one vision and that is to convince everyone that Islam is the only path and that the English aren't fed up to the back teeth with immigrants. I'm here to balance that argument and tell you that I am far from alone in my thinking. Most British people are afraid to express their views. I am not.
As for DDS if he gains his information on my country from wikipedia, good luck to him. And as for you, what do you care anymore, you've escaped the white ferral underclass and headed home with your British passport.
People like you should show a bit more gratitude to a country that gave you a leg up. You don't even matter anymore, you don't even live in England.

-- Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:26 pm --

DDS, I'm curious! Who's this 'chum' you refer to in your post?
Bethsmum

@DDS: Every time you make reference to "white people" it is tinged with contempt. Contempt is a form of racism. Whether you see it or not, you are a racist.

@BM: I was thinking the same thing!! Who is the chum he is referring to? :lol: I can think of a few people, but far be it for me to assume who he may be referring to. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Most British people are afraid to express their views. I am not.

Do you mean intellectual expression(freedom) or degrading expression(prohibition)?
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

BM - you called me a liar when I explained the use of the term 'Paki' - you argued it is the same as 'Brit', but it isn't. Anyone who comes from the UK knows this - so it seems extremely silly of you to even take this line. Perhaps you realised you'd painted yourself into a corner?

Now instead of facing up to this slur, you're changing the argument and saying that I need to be more balanced in my argument.

With all due respect, what argument did I present here that wasn't balanced? Nick Griffin's denial of the Holocaust, or the exposition of his racist views on QT?

If you can produce a post of mine that says that Islam is the only path or that all Muslims are saints, I'll then agree that your view of me is based on actual evidence. Lashing out wildly with bizare accusations does your argument a lot of harm.

I understand that you may be ashamed at the views of the leader of the BNP or that your use of the p-word is now clear to all and sundry not an innocuous abbreviation - but actually a hateful remark used by racists and fascists alike.

You say that you would not use the words Yid and Nigger - but as the article above states, the p-word is as offensive as the n-word. Pretending that it wasn't used in this context just makes you look even more foolish - when in a hole, stop digging.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:BM - you called me a liar when I explained the use of the term 'Paki' - you argued it is the same as 'Brit', but it isn't. Anyone who comes from the UK knows this - so it seems extremely silly of you to even take this line. Perhaps you realised you'd painted yourself into a corner?

Now instead of facing up to this slur, you're changing the argument and saying that I need to be more balanced in my argument.

With all due respect, what argument did I present here that wasn't balanced? Nick Griffin's denial of the Holocaust, or the exposition of his racist views on QT?

If you can produce a post of mine that says that Islam is the only path or that all Muslims are saints, I'll then agree that your view of me is based on actual evidence. Lashing out wildly with bizare accusations does your argument a lot of harm.

I understand that you may be ashamed at the views of the leader of the BNP or that your use of the p-word is now clear to all and sundry not an innocuous abbreviation - but actually a hateful remark used by racists and fascists alike.

You say that you would not use the words Yid and Nigger - but as the article above states, the p-word is as offensive as the n-word. Pretending that it wasn't used in this context just makes you look even more foolish - when in a hole, stop digging.

Cheers,
Shafique

Non, je ne regrette rien. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Non, je ne regrette rien. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Taste the rainbow, Skittles" , English Translation
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Non, je ne regrette rien. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Taste the rainbow, Skittles" , English Translation

You need to sack your translator Zubber. It wasn't wikipedia was it? :D
Bethsmum

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ;)

Bethsmum wrote:It makes me sick to the stomach when the halocaust is denied. My grandfather was the liberating sargeant major into Bergen-Belsen. Try telling him, when he was alive, there was no halocaust. He suffered for years afterwards about the many Jews he killed with kindness, feeding the Jews on the brink of death, which finished them off. SHAME ON ANYONE WHO DENIES THE HALOCAUST.

Imagine holding this view and still voting for a party whose leader denies the Holocaust - and who was creamed in a debate by an English British Baroness, who happens to be of Pakistani heritage! :)

No wonder all the evasion and name calling. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

What? BM.. your father killed many Jews with kindness?
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:What? BM.. your father killed many Jews with kindness?

Berrin, would you like some bubble gum ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

^Berrin, BM says her father fed many of the victims in the liberated concentration camps, and this act of feeding killed the weakest of these victims of Hitler's attempt at a 'final solution'.

That's a moving story to me - and why I too would condemn anyone who denies the Holocaust happens. It is also the reason why I am strongly opposed to those who misuse the Holocaust to justify imposing suffering on other people.

Indeed, I support this view :
The Holocaust was not only a crime against humanity but one of the most abhorrent crimes in modern history.

I also share this sentiment:
We condemn it as we condemn every abuse of humanity and all forms of discrimination on the basis of religion, race, gender or nationality.

This just happens to be what Hamas' Minister of Information states is Hamas' view - but that is by-the-by - the sentiment is one I share.

As for forked tongues...
Bethsmum wrote: I don’t go around abusing people because of the colour of their skin;
I don’t consider myself to be a white supremacist, if I did; I wouldn’t want to own property in a Muslim country, nor have a very close Muslim friend, would I? I have absolutely no problem with anybody until they cross me or my family.

vs

Bethsmum wrote:Yep DDS, get shot of those bloody immigrants and leave England as it should be, a white indigenous population.

..BM took comfort in knowing she was not the only white English person to resent the presence of the Pakis.
You see, contrary to what you want to believe BM is not at all different from 99% of the rest of the white population of Britain :D

If it quacks like a duck..

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:^Berrin, BM says her father fed many of the victims in the liberated concentration camps, and this act of feeding killed the weakest of these victims of Hitler's attempt at a 'final solution'.

That's a moving story to me - and why I too would condemn anyone who denies the Holocaust happens. It is also the reason why I am strongly opposed to those who misuse the Holocaust to justify imposing suffering on other people.

Indeed, I support this view :
The Holocaust was not only a crime against humanity but one of the most abhorrent crimes in modern history.

I also share this sentiment:
We condemn it as we condemn every abuse of humanity and all forms of discrimination on the basis of religion, race, gender or nationality.

This just happens to be what Hamas' Minister of Information states is Hamas' view - but that is by-the-by - the sentiment is one I share.

Cheers,
Shafique

If you are going to quote me I suggest you get your facts right. It was my grandfather that was with the liberating forces into Belsen and not my father who was in the Royal Air Force.
Repeating your usual sh1te doesn't make you any less of an anti semetic racial fanatic in my eyes. You couldn't even pull some idiot when they posted death to all Jews and Isrealis. Shame on you.

-- Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm --

shafique wrote:plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose ;)

Bethsmum wrote:It makes me sick to the stomach when the halocaust is denied. My grandfather was the liberating sargeant major into Bergen-Belsen. Try telling him, when he was alive, there was no halocaust. He suffered for years afterwards about the many Jews he killed with kindness, feeding the Jews on the brink of death, which finished them off. SHAME ON ANYONE WHO DENIES THE HALOCAUST.

Imagine holding this view and still voting for a party whose leader denies the Holocaust - and who was creamed in a debate by an English British Baroness, who happens to be of Pakistani heritage! :)

No wonder all the evasion and name calling. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Shafique

I'll vote for who I like, it's called freedom and is what my grandfather fought for. As for being creamed by some Pakistani, what's she doing having a say in my country's politics anyway? Hasn't she got bigger problems back home?

-- Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm --

Berrin wrote:What? BM.. your father killed many Jews with kindness?

Grandfather actually, do you have a problem reading English?:
Bethsmum

As predicted, name calling. Granted that Berrin misread the quote I gave about your grandfather - and I perpetuated this error.. but the point was that your impassioned words were given when someone was ACCUSED of denying the Holocaust, but in this thread we have a guy who admits he denied the Holocaust - this guy is the leader of the BNP, and you have said you voted for this party.

But surely you can't condone Nick Griffin's Holocaust denial?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Name calling? Please don't make out you aren't above name calling! Chav and feral white underclass remember! Oh sorry, you didn't actually say those things did you, you are just repeating them! And whore from DDS. Class acts you two!

Oh and for fear of repeating myself, I don't really care what Nick Griffin has said or doesn't say. We can't always agree with everything politicians say. I voted BNP for their Immigration policy. To stop the likes of you and DDS entering my country and gaining citizenship. The likes of you hate the likes of me, you just want our passport and you haven't even got the good grace to be grateful.

DDS hasn't even got the guts to come back and answer questions made to him.
Bethsmum

All I did was ask:

shafique wrote:But surely you can't condone Nick Griffin's Holocaust denial?

Why all the hate and name calling? Imaginary what-about-ery arguments aren't going to fool anyone.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Have you ever heard the expression 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'. Call me names and you will get some back. If you can't deal with it I suggest you wind your neck in.
Bethsmum

Yes, I have heard the expression.

On Holocaust deniers - I've been consistent and agree with Hamas etc who all denounce people who hold the view Nick Griffin had.

I would be embarrassed if I was caught out not denouncing a Holocaust denier. But that's just me.

I think you're just ashamed to answer the question:
shafique wrote:But surely you can't condone Nick Griffin's Holocaust denial?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: BNP - Question Time Jan 24, 2011
Jesus, you are like a bleedin stuck record. Holocaust deniers take many forms and you have got more faces than Big Ben. Don't pull someone for wishing death to all Jews and Isrealis and that Hitler didn't finish the job?
What is that then if not a form of denying the holocaust. Shame on you.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk