Blind Man's Guide Dog Barred From Restaurant, Offends Jews

Topic locked
Blind man's guide dog barred from restaurant, offends Jews Jun 25, 2010
Jews are at it again, it seems.

Imposing their cultural and religious values on others.

Alun Elder-Brown, a recruitment executive, said he was left feeling "like a piece of dirt" after being barred from bringing the animal into Kirthon Restaurant in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, on religious grounds.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association said the decision was illegal under the Disability Discrimination Act and Mr Elder-Brown, 51, is now considering suing the establishment in The Pantiles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... slims.html

But this is not a one time incident (the article mentions Jewish cabbies refusing service to blind people with guide dogs, too).

Just this week, a woman was denied entry onto a bus, twice, because she had a little toy-dog accompanying her - it's perfectly legal to bring your dog with you on buses in the UK, it seems.

Reason - the bus driver of the first bus says it would have offended a lone Jewish passenger on the bus.

The second bus driver was Jewish and, of course, he imposed his own de facto rules.

On two occasions last week my dog was barred from London buses, not because she's particularly fierce or big, but on religious grounds. A friend and I had taken her to the park, and as I went across to the grocer, my friend took Daisy, a Manchester terrier, to the bus stop.

As they tried to board the bus, the driver stopped her and told her that there was a Muslim lady on the bus who "might be upset by the dog". As she attempted to remonstrate, the doors closed and the bus drew away.

When a second bus arrived, she again made to embark, but was stopped again - this time because the driver said he was Muslim. I know that Muslims consider dogs to be unclean, but last time I looked this wasn't a Muslim country and London Transport was a non-denominational organisation....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... right.html

Lesson for the day is that there is no separation between Temple and State in Judaism. Jews will demand that their beliefs and practices should take precedence over everything and everyone else - including that their religious beliefs should stringently be adhered to by secular organizations.

Of course, failing to do so and you're a Judeophobe.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk