Anti-Semitism - Fanbois Perspective

Topic locked
Anti-Semitism - Fanbois perspective Oct 05, 2011
This cartoon is by an Israeli from 2007 (after the Israeli bombing of Gaza and Lebanon war)

Funny, and serious.

;)

By same artist

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Anti-Semitism - Fanbois Perspective Oct 05, 2011
Oooo....I can already hear the twisting.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Anti-Semitism - Fanbois perspective Oct 05, 2011

I see the above two posters are filling this thread with more of their 'logic'.
event horizon

Fanbois twisting is fun to watch.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well, it takes time to home in on the 'perspective' of someone who views one of the following statements as "pure Islamophobia" but sees nothing Antisemitic with the other:

Look what Islam is doing on our college campuses. It’s full of anti-Semitism.

Islamophobic

[Judaism has] resulted in dividing mankind into poor and rich, weak and strong, and into master and slave....

No Antisemitism here....

We're just not as 'logical' as shafique and DDS.

Soon, BM, we'll be able to castigate herve for allegedly reading verses of the Koran from 'anti-Islam' websites while getting arguments/verses and understanding of the Bible from Muslim missionary websites without seeing how the two are contradictory.

You know, because because reading the Koran from websites is akin to learning of Jews from Nazi propaganda but doing the same for the Bible isn't.

That's the loon logic we need to strive for.
event horizon

DDS was right!

snippets from the resident loon. You must be quite disturbed by the cartoons in the OP eh - you're trying to hard. You really like quoting the snippet posted by FD don't you. Do you think over time people will think I posted it or wrote it?

:D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I wondered about posting the image of Mohammed with a stick of dynamite in his head drawn by the Danish cartoonist.

Would this be acceptable or would the Muslims have a serious bout of sense of humour failure?
Bethsmum

BM - what has that got to do with Anti-semitism fanbois style?

Don't tell me you're having a sense of humour failure too. Sheesh. Cheer up woman.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You didn't answer my question whether it would be acceptable to post the image of Mohammed with a stick of dynamite planted in his head.
Bethsmum

All of those cartoons posted above make good points.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I agree with you k.

eh's cartoon does make a good point when talking about Muslim criticisms of cartoons of the Prophet. But that wasn't the point of this thread. In this context, it appears to be another whataboutery argument.. but that's how it appears to me.

Indeed, the artist of the cartoons in the OP is Israeli and is branded an anti-Semite for his cartoons:
http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/10/why-re ... e-problem/

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Looking at this forum I haven't seen anybody calling somebody antisemitic for refering to an Israeli tank as an Israeli tank. In fact I haven't seen anybody at all making this claim. We have seen many DF-ers putting nazi symbols on Jews (and still claiming not to be antisemitic though), while at the same time being hypersensitive to anything against Islam.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well, you do call people anti-semitic on this forum - what are your criteria?

Can someone whose words and actions are:
1. I do not wish all Jews to be wiped out.
2. I do not hate Judaism or Jews (or any particular religion).
3. I give credit to Israel for its achievements, but criticise it for its crimes.
.. be an anti-semite?

Gerald Kaufman, MP, is a Jew whose grandmother was in the Holocaust - and he rightly links Israel's actions to Nazi actions. Is he anti-semitic for pointing out the links in crimes?

What the cartoonist objects to, is the practice of fanbois calling people critical of Israel's military occuption as 'anti-semites'.

Cheers,
Shafique

-- Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:35 am --

edit - eh, I now realise why you refuse to link to where FD initially quoted the snippet by Karni above. People would be able to follow the thread of the discussion which ended with this post which showed that Karmi wasn't an anti-semite (your reply to the information is most telling):
philosophy-dubai/hasan-karmi-anti-semite-t43065.html

For completeness, FD posted the snippet in a thread started by Berrin (not me) and in it embarrassingly posted a photo about a false accusation of a boy being amputated (turned out to be an easily discovered fake).
philosophy-dubai/islam-and-the-west-t43028-15.html#p345505
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

For modern anti-semitism:

-Out of all proportion singling out Israel especially compared to any other party in the Middle East.
-Comparing Israel to the Nazi's
-Exaggerating the influence of the Jewish state on world affairs, like controlling the media and the financial markets
-Denying, minimizing, or trivializing the Holocaust.

Three strikes and you are out!

The old fashioned antisemitism which poster Shafique also endorses shouldn't need any explanation. Jews causes all the troubles is the world that is.

But hey, I am talking to somebody who thinks a nazi saluting jews is not antisemitic in a post WW II world.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nice to see your criteria FD - and it is amusing that you think I fit those criteria. Facts vs fiction seems to be your downfall.

But at least I'm glad that you don't dispute that I don't fit the dictionary description of an anti-semite, and that you've had to invent a new one (and then imagine that I fit them).

It didn't work in May 2010, and still doesn't work today:
shafique wrote:I'm still chuckling that you may have thought you'd get me angry by making baseless allegations which you have singularly failed to back up with a shred of evidence. 10 out of 10 for re-defining anti-semitism, 0 out of 10 for showing that it applies to me. :)

dubai-politics-talk/how-spot-islamophobe-t41888-60.html#p337041

You didn't answer the question whether Kaufman is anti-semite for his valid comparison of Israeli crimes and Nazi crimes:
dubai-politics-talk/gerald-kauman-speech-the-text-t45630.html

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

As per Karni, you showed you endorse every kind of anitsemitism.

For Kaufmann, I don't see why I need to answer all your questions. I am not your mommy that needs to take away all your insecurities and questions about the world. Find someone else to re-parent you, please. Besides according to you I am a troll and a loon. It says more about you that you need re-assurance from whom you consider a loon and troll. But, if Kaufmann fits three of the indicators I posted before, I consider him an antisemite.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I am amused that you continue to state beliefs and present them as fact.

I also fully understand why you can't quite bring yourself to be critical of Kaufman for comparing Israeli crimes with Nazi crimes, or to label him as an anti-semite for this.

Your inconsistencies are out there for all to judge.

BTW - it is Karmi, I mistyped it earlier myself, and your reply to the facts about his views is also most informative:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You spin is getting weaker by the day!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

In a way, I'm glad eh brought up your snippet from a Karmi article. Interesting too that linking Jews to Nazism is a new criterion for you - especially as you tried to equate Islam to Nazism.

I see that far from me spinning a story, you tried to attribute anti-semitism to Karmi - this post from back then shows that quite clearly. Berrin quoted Karmi, and Karmi was speaking utmost sense in that quote.

You couldn't handle it, so went and quoted another article - but didn't give a reference. When it was shown you had misrepresented that quote, you went and quoted the Mufti. :shock:

But here's a taste of what I had to deal with back then - not much has changed.

shafique wrote:
Note that the original article above says:
In the West, it is easy to turn a fact into a fiction and to turn a fiction into a fact. For instance, the Palestinians who are the rightful owners of the land which is being stolen from them are now being called intruders, usurpers or squatters, and when they rise against this gross injustice they are called terrorists. Normally, this is unbelievable, but unfortunately, it is believed in the West.

I'd disagree with the author to the extent that nowadays the Israeli spin is working less and less - fiction is being exposed for what it is.

Your reading of the article and the interpretations you draw are a clear reflection of your Islamophobia - the hate you feel towards Islam.

It takes a perverse mind to equate Nazism with this:
Islam is unitive and calls for unity, rejects discrimination, especially racism and rejects hegemony on the strength of wealth or power. The Muslim and even the human society as a whole should live as one interrelated society in accordance with the five principles of Islam, namely Unitarianism, egalitarianism, symmetrical recognition, social justice, and universal justice, and should serve as a cardinal law among nations. The case now is different, and that is why Islam is different.

You seem to have an aversion to 'social justice' and 'universal justice' when it applies either to Muslims or as a precept of Islam. That is not Islam or the Muslims' fault - but one you have to deal with.

philosophy-dubai/islam-and-the-west-t43028.html#p345319
Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

As predicted the knickers have been severly tangled. As always any criticism of Israel is trying to be synonymized as criticism of Jews and Juadaism.

The Israelis have played that card for a few decades very well but unfortunately it has run its course and we can now see new spin popping up daily trying to divert attention from Israeli attrocities.
desertdudeshj

shafique wrote:especially as you tried to equate Islam to Nazism.

Shows you how dishonest you are. I found that the world describes in the OP article was a mix of nazism and communism:

Flying Dutchman wrote:I merely was reacting to the contents of an article of somebody's opinion about Islam. If others want to portray the views displayed in the article as the true Islam

If you have anything to add, place in that thread.

desertdueshj wrote:As always any criticism of Israel is trying to be synonymized as criticism of Jews and Juadaism.

Yawn.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

LOL, dutchie you're just toooo easy.

*twist twist twist
desertdudeshj

Any action yet since I have to look over my shoulder? Or are you just a pathetic coward like I expected like the rest of your ilk? Making promises, but don't deliver.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

What a strange and self serving definition of Antisemitism.

One can believe in Antisemitic conspiracy theories of Jews causing division in the world without being an Antisemite.

Getting an Antisemite to define Antisemitism is like going to a Nazi website to learn about Jews.

Anyways, the definition is so ridiculous that as long as you loved Black people, for instance, you wouldn't be a racist if you viewed Blacks as sub-humans. After all, you can still love animals. So, if you both love and view Blacks as animals then you're not a racist.

Incredibly stupid and mind boggling to think that definition is truly applicable for defining Antisemitism or that it would be applied consistently with 'Islamophobia' or racism.

-- Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:57 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:LOL, dutchie you're just toooo easy.

*twist twist twist

You're so smart for this forum. Don't know why your brilliant posts are derided as herp-a-derp one liners.
event horizon

event horizon wrote:What a strange and self serving definition of Antisemitism.

Why are you having a go at FD? (He's the only one that has re-defined anti-semitism, I still use the dictionary definition myself)

Thanks again for resurrecting the posts about Karmi - as we saw in the threads linked to, you ran out of arguments to support your theory he was anti-semitic then, and the evidence is there for all to see. Snippets are your downfall yet again.

You should look into Bora's advice about spandex undergarments... I can hear the twisting from here. :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:
event horizon wrote:What a strange and self serving definition of Antisemitism.

Why are you having a go at FD? (He's the only one that has re-defined anti-semitism
Shafique

Is that what you got from the reply? You are even dumber than I thought.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well, given how you are usually wrong in your beliefs about other people - I'm flattered. Seriously.

But why is it when confronted with your own words you go so much on the defensive? Is it because you failed the first time you redefined anti-semitism? You ended that thread too with juvenile comments too. I see a pattern.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

As we see, both you and Karmi fit the definition of an Antisemite:

"The attributing of all or part of one's own misfortunes, and those of one's country, to the presence of Jewish elements in the community, and proposing to remedying this state of affairs by depriving the Jews of certain of their rights; by keeping them out of certain economic or social ...

Believing Jews are responsible for causing division in the world and that division in fact started with Judaism - along with poverty, war and the other claims Karmi made against the Jews is pure Antisemitism.

Only you and Karmi believe you're not Antisemites.
event horizon

Fail. Again.

Have you really forgotten how you crashed and burned the first time FD brought this up? I gave you the links above:
shafique wrote: I now realise why you refuse to link to where FD initially quoted the snippet by Karni above. People would be able to follow the thread of the discussion which ended with this post which showed that Karmi wasn't an anti-semite (your reply to the information is most telling):

For completeness, FD posted the snippet in a thread started by Berrin (not me) and in it embarrassingly posted a photo about a false accusation of a boy being amputated (turned out to be an easily discovered fake).
philosophy-dubai/islam-and-the-west-t43028-15.html#p345505

Do you think that repeating your discredited belief will change the facts?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dont ya just love it when loons come toghter.

A word of warning though, one more twist and the elastic might snap ! lol
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk