Anti-Muslim Group Classified As Hate Group

Topic locked
Anti-Muslim group classified as Hate Group Feb 26, 2011
Over in the States, a lady blogger who has been branded 'the looniest blogger ever' by Loonwatch.com - has now been branded as the leader of a hate group.

The SPLC's classification means that this group is now in the same league as neo-Nazis and the KKK. I personally think they aren't as dangerous as these other extremists - but I can't argue against the classification of them as a hate group.

I fully expect others who share Geller's hatred will see this as a leftist conspiracy, or even as an indication that the Moooslims ARE taking over. :D

Southern Poverty Law Center lists anti-Islamic NYC blogger Pamela Geller, followers a hate group

BY CORKY SIEMASZKO
Friday, February 25th 2011, 2:13 PM
Smith, Bryan

Manhattan blogger Pamela Geller and her posse of anti-Islamic protesters have been branded a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Stop the Islamization of America was included in the civil rights organization's annual roundup of extremist groups - a rogue's gallery that includes everything from the Ku Klux Klan to white supremacists and Nazis.

Geller's group was one of the most vocal opponents of the proposed Islamic Center near Ground Zero.

The group was also behind ads that were placed on city buses urging Muslims to leave "the falsity of Islam."

Geller, who runs a blog called Atlas Shrugs, dismissed the Law Center as an "uber left" group that has "failed to address the greatest threat to our national security."

"My group is a human rights group," she said. "And these people are taken seriously? This is the morally inverted state of the world."

An Islamic organization that has been a frequent target of Geller's barbs said it was not surprised she made the bigot list.

"One need not go beyond the name of this hate group, Stop the Islamization of America, to recognize the validity of the Southern Poverty Law Center's designation," said Ibrahim Hooper of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Bill Keller, a fire-and-brimstone Florida preacher who led a crusade against the Islamic Center in lower Manhattan, also made the Law Center's list.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... z1F1o6VroU

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk