Another Right-wing Anti-semitic Attack In US

Topic locked
Another right-wing Anti-semitic attack in US Sep 01, 2012
A brutal anti-semitic attack in the USA where the two attackers shouted 'Heil Hitler' and raised Nazi salutes. Of course, if it were Arabs carrying out the attack, we'd have racist, xenophobic and Islamophobic rants by the hate-filled trolls here.

As it is, I have no problem in condemning all such attacks - whether it is the 1000+ incidents in the US each year or the ones hyped by our trolls. I'm sure they'll join me in condemning this brutal attack by right-wing Nazi supporters.

MSU student’s mouth stapled, jaw broken in reported hate crime attack

A 19-year-old Michigan State University student is recovering at home in Oakland County today after surgery overnight for a broken jaw his family says stems from a brutal hate crime.

Two men at a party early Sunday attacked Zachary Tennen, a journalism sophomore at MSU, after asking whether he was Jewish, his mother, Tina Tennen, said today.

They raised their arms in a Nazi salute, chanting “Heil Hitler” and then knocked Tennen unconscious, she said.
While he was out, the men stapled his mouth, putting a staple into his gum, she said.
“It almost seemed like they tried to kill me, and to think about that in my brain, physically — it isn’t very pleasant.”
The family has filed a report with East Lansing Police.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120828/N ... dyssey=tab

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Another right-wing Anti-semitic attack in US Sep 01, 2012
shafique wrote:As it is, I have no problem in condemning all such attacks - whether it is the 1000+ incidents in the US each year or the ones hyped by our trolls.

My bad, I didn't know American Jews were warned against dressing as Jews to avoid Antisemitic attacks in major cities. Who's hyping what now?

I noticed you've avoided the other thread since my response. Damage control?

dubai-politics-talk/german-jews-warned-against-dressing-against-jews-berlin-t52227.html#p417842

But thanks for proving expectations.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Another Right-wing Anti-semitic Attack In US Sep 01, 2012
Well, given that there are such vicious attacks on Jews in the USA - and that you yourself pointed out that there are over 1000 anti-semitic incidents in the US each year, perhaps the advice to Jews in Berlin should also apply in your country too. After all, there are fewer attacks in Germany than there are in the US.

I note that you haven't chosen to condemn the right wing attackers. Why is that?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:perhaps the advice to Jews in Berlin should also apply in your country too

Strange, but it's not. I guess Jews live in reality.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Thanks for your opinion.

Shame you still can't bring yourself to condemn the far-right attack in the OP, or address the number of anti-semitic attacks by your fellow right-wing Americans. Fact vs Hype. Facts/Stats wins. ;)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Another right-wing Anti-semitic attack in US Sep 03, 2012
I wrote:Strange, but it's not. I guess Jews live in reality.

shafique wrote:Thanks for your opinion.

Strange response. I suppose you have not learned what an opinion and fact are. My statement is factual. Your statement is purely opinion.

This is an opinion:

shafique wrote:perhaps the advice to Jews in Berlin should also apply in your country too

This is a fact:

American Jews are not encouraged to hide their Jewish identity to avoid Antisemitic attacks in the United States.

Spot the difference?

shafique wrote:Facts/Stats wins.

I agree, that's why German Jews are told to avoid dressing as Jews in certain districts of Berlin, not anywhere in the United States.

Facts/reason vs delusional Antisemites. Facts win every time.

Of course, you aren't actually disputing the fact American Jews have not been warned to avoid dressing as Jews unlike German Jews, are you?
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Another Right-wing Anti-semitic Attack In US Sep 03, 2012
What a long, rambling reply to a simple statement of facts:

shafique wrote:Shame you still can't bring yourself to condemn the far-right attack in the OP, or address the number of anti-semitic attacks by your fellow right-wing Americans. Fact vs Hype. Facts/Stats wins.

:roll:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk