I'm All Islam'ed Out!

Topic locked
I'm all Islam'ed out! Jan 13, 2011
I can't even read this part of the forum anymore - am completely Islam'ed out!

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: I'm all Islam'ed out! Jan 13, 2011
kanelli wrote:I can't even read this part of the forum anymore - am completely Islam'ed out!

Ditto that K!!! I thought the thread was about politics in general. :drunken:

Definitely need to open a playground for those whose lives are so wrapped up in it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: I'm All Islam'ed Out! Jan 13, 2011
:lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Politics and Religion share a common characteristic, that being philosophy, hence they are inseparable
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:Politics and Religion share a common characteristic, that being philosophy, hence they are inseparable

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you missed the point zub. :drunken: If that being the case, then the philosophy thread would be more to their liking (and in doing so would please other members).
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

What I meant was , when an indepth discussion about politics ensues, arguments about religion are to bound to come up, since all the hot-button world political issues revolve around religions
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora wrote:
kanelli wrote:I can't even read this part of the forum anymore - am completely Islam'ed out!

Definitely need to open a playground for those whose lives are so wrapped up in it.

Yes but it's so much more peaceful without that Blonde Terrier's ambush tactics, snapping at everyone's heels though isn't it ? Count your blessings is what I say, still... a pity you can't have your cake and eat it too? It would be nice to banish the Mullah's to their own little kingdom somewhere so they could rule it in peace wouldn't it?

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

kanelli wrote:
I can't even read this part of the forum anymore - am completely Islam'ed out!

Hey Miss'es it's all part of the fun.. don't please please give up..The sun is there to shine all over us...
you know this is what our resident wise man aka zubber said..

With all the negative attention ISLAM is getting, Many people are becoming aware of its existence, The nature of islamic ideas is that once it settles in, It will automatically appeal to the soul, the subconscious, those underlying thought currents, that eventually steer our rational thoughts, and those thoughts that become stronger and stronger, finally becoming convictions, and those convictions finally prompting the person to declare the "words of allegiance" to that which is both scientifically and logically sound

The way you described it zubber was so beautiful..Well done to you! :cheers:
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dillon wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Yes but it's so much more peaceful without that Blonde Terrier's ambush tactics, snapping at everyone's heels though isn't it ? Count your blessings is what I say, still... a pity you can't have your cake and eat it too? It would be nice to banish the Mullah's to their own little kingdom somewhere so they could rule it in peace wouldn't it?

And which "blonde terrier" would you be referring to? :shock: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

:)

I try to balance things out by talking about a subject that has nothing to do with Islam/Religion .... the Israeli Military Occupation of Palestine. LOL

Actually, you've got a good point. I'm actually thinking of for fun swapping sides once a week - I mean the usual suspects and I all know the views, references and indeed what we see as spin of the other side, we don't need to read responses any more (some never read them to begin with!). I actually think it would be great fun do play devil's advocate with Berrin and Sympathetic, for example.

I can do a great French accent - and herve's material is textbook Jihadwatch.com headline material (without any need to go into the details).

I can also do eh quite well - I just have to pick an obscure point and then pretend to know what I'm talking about with some obscure references.

FD's tactics are also very easy to emulate - look for a spelling mistake, obscure piece of incidental info in a post that can be spun differently and then post a one-liner hoping to bait the unsuspecting to get onto the merry-go-round of reference/ignore/reference/smokescreen/reference/change subject. ;)

For me, it would be very easy to emulate - point out minority examples aren't representative, ask those pontificating about the Quran whether they've actually read it, refer to loonwatch, wind-up older ladies with eloquent prose and erudition, repeat same message ad nauseum with a sly smile, post long messages with liberal use of hyphens, refer to British humour/culture etc, drop in what books/movies/tv recently read! ;)

LOL - who wants to swap?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Bora Bora wrote:
Dillon wrote:Yes but it's so much more peaceful without that Blonde Terrier's ambush tactics, snapping at everyone's heels though isn't it ? Count your blessings is what I say, still... a pity you can't have your cake and eat it too? It would be nice to banish the Mullah's to their own little kingdom somewhere so they could rule it in peace wouldn't it?

Well my first impressions of her were of a soft centred individual with a milky smooth addictive exterior but then sampling revealed a rather nutty centre covered in a darker shell with a bittersweet aftertaste! Need any more clues?

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Dillon wrote:Yes but it's so much more peaceful without that Blonde Terrier's ambush tactics, snapping at everyone's heels though isn't it ? Count your blessings is what I say, still... a pity you can't have your cake and eat it too? It would be nice to banish the Mullah's to their own little kingdom somewhere so they could rule it in peace wouldn't it?

Well my first impressions of her were of a soft centred individual with a milky smooth addictive exterior but then sampling revealed a rather nutty centre covered in a darker shell with a bittersweet aftertaste! Need any more clues?

I know someone who fits the first part; as for the second part................well............. I'm sure that some people might make the mistake that you are describing their "foe". :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

With all the negative attention ISLAM is getting, Many people are becoming aware of its existence, The nature of islamic ideas is that once it settles in, It will automatically appeal to the soul, the subconscious, those underlying thought currents, that eventually steer our rational thoughts, and those thoughts that become stronger and stronger, finally becoming convictions, and those convictions finally prompting the person to declare the "words of allegiance" to that which is both scientifically and logically sound

:lol: :lol: Excuse me! I have been exposed to the "nature" of the Islam from my very first day on earth and didnt "appeal to my soul"!! :lol:

Oh and it's not just me, there are many many people I Know who are the same. Even in this forum as a pilot group, I have'nt seen our "Islamist"s make any progress to show a better image of Islam!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:

:lol: :lol: Excuse me! I have been exposed to the "nature" of the Islam from my very first day on earth and didnt "appeal to my soul"!! :lol:

Oh and it's not just me, there are many many people I Know who are the same. Even in this forum as a pilot group, I have'nt seen our "Islamist"s make any progress to show a better image of Islam!

You are excused, and your opinions noted.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk