Abu Qatada. A Threat To UK Homeland Security

Topic locked
Re: Abu Qatada. A Threat To UK Homeland Security Feb 09, 2012
And what did the Hutaree exactly do besides plotting that deserves them the labels of terrorists, extremists and nutcases.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

shafique wrote: I read that he was convicted in Jordan of plotting bomb attacks - not carrying out any.

If you require further details of the plots, I would contact the Jordanian CPS. If they have secured a conviction then I'm sure they have the evidence.
I suspect the evidence may be more than a youtube of someone burning a book.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Thanks BM for the advice - but why is it you guys always want me to do the work?

FD is the one who said
Flying Dutchman wrote:Abu Qatada is convicted for bomb attacks.

after all. It turns out that there weren't bomb attacks after all (or were there?)

As for the Hutaree - they did a bit more than talk, they amassed an arsenal of weapons etc that amounted to more than all the ammo and armaments from all 'Jihadists' caught in the US since 2001 combined! If Qatada did the same thing - then yes, you'd have a point. Did he?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Abu Qatada. A Threat to UK Homeland Security Feb 09, 2012
Oh they should absolutely go against the Human rights nut jobs in Europe and send him packing back to Jordan and all his sponging family as well!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Abu Qatada. A Threat to UK Homeland Security Feb 09, 2012
As for the Hutaree - they did a bit more than talk, they amassed an arsenal of weapons etc that amounted to more than all the ammo and armaments from all 'Jihadists' caught in the US since 2001 combined! If Qatada did the same thing - then yes, you'd have a point. Did he?

"Amassing" weapons is not illegal in the United States. So apart from "talk" and owning weapons, what did the Hutaree do again?

Why do you feel the need to invent scenarios where you think I'm lying?

Unfortunately I don't need to invent any scenarios of you lying.

but as posted before, I think that he is as harmful as Pastor Terry Jones and the Westboro Baptist Church

I must have forgotten that Pastor Terry Jones is wanted by several nations for involvement in terrorism and is the center of religious militancy in the United States.

Oh, and hate speech, remind me when Terry Jones advocated violence against anyone?

Nutjob.

hateful speech, but ultimately bark worse than bite.

Read the article again.

Should it be proven he's done worse - then by all means throw the book at him and try him and lock him up.

He's been found guilty in Jordan. Glad you agree.

Mr. Justice Collins, chairman of the Special Immigration Appeals Commission that rejected his appeal against detention in 2004, said that Abu Qatada was "heavily involved, indeed was at the centre in the United Kingdom of terrorist activities associated with al-Qaeda. He is a truly dangerous individual ...".[7][8]

According to the indictment of the Madrid al-Qaeda cell, Abu Qatada was the spiritual leader of al-Qaeda in Europe, and the spiritual leader of the Armed Islamic Group (GIA), the Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat (GSPC), and the Tunisian Combat Group.[9]

The Middle East Media Research Institute claimed that, in 1997, Abu Qatada called upon Muslims to kill the wives and children of Egyptian police and army officers.[10]

Abu Qatada is reported by the British press to have been a preacher or advisor to al-Qaeda terrorists Zacarias Moussaoui and Richard Reid.[11][12]

When questioned in the UK in February 2001, Abu Qatada was in possession of £170,000 cash, including £805 in an envelope labelled "For the Mujahedin in Chechnya".[11]

Nineteen audio cassettes of Abu Qatada's sermons were found in the apartment of Mohamed Atta when it was searched after the September 11, 2001 attacks, which Atta led.[13]

Bark worse than bite sez nutjob
event horizon

shafique wrote:Thanks BM for the advice - but why is it you guys always want me to do the work?

As far as I can see it's only you that is insisting his bark is worse than his bite and needs convincing that Qatada is a threat to homeland security and has been convicted of planning attacks in other country.

That would be enough for most people.
Bethsmum

Re: Abu Qatada. A Threat To UK Homeland Security Feb 10, 2012
Bethsmum wrote:As far as I can see it's only you that is insisting his bark is worse than his bite

Interesting perspective. I was merely asking FD for clarification for his statement which was:

Flying Dutchman wrote:Abu Qatada is convicted for bomb attacks.

He wasn't, it turns out.

As I said in my first post - I agree that he should be deported. But in the scheme of things his actual 'crimes' seem to be as serious as the Anjem Choudhary who we can't deport - and yes, he is a bit like a few posters here - all mouth, no trousers.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

But in the scheme of things his actual 'crimes' seem to be as serious as the Anjem Choudhary who we can't deport

Real experts disagree with you.

You know how you like experts.

Mr. Justice Collins, chairman of the Special Immigration Appeals Commission that rejected his appeal against detention in 2004, said that Abu Qatada was "heavily involved, indeed was at the centre in the United Kingdom of terrorist activities associated with al-Qaeda. He is a truly dangerous individual ..."
event horizon

I am specifically saying that Anjem is as dangerous as Qatada. Both speak a lot, but stay just the right side of UK law.

What terrorist activity is Qatada being charged with in the UK?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I agree with the experts that Qatada is associated with terrorist activity and is a truly dangereous individual.

When even UK experts etc say Qatada is dangerous and connected to terrorism, there's really no doubt about this being true.
event horizon

I'm saying that Choudhery is as dangerous - try and read and understand. Choudhery is as 'connected' to terrorism and gives as much hate speeches as Qatada is my argument.

So, I repeat, what terrorist activity is Qatada being convicted/charged with in the UK?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Qatada is wanted on terrorism charges in seven different nations.

Facts over spin.
event horizon

Why are you avoiding the question and twisting and turning so?

My point was quite simple - Anjem is as dangerous and Qatada.

What, I repeat, terrorist activities is Qatada being charged/convicted of in the UK? If it is none, just say so.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

So Shaf, barking and hate speech should be enough for deportation? Interesting.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

The government thinks so, and I agree. Farakhan wasn't allowed into the UK for similar reasons.

However, the point I was making was that Qatada and Choudhery are essentially both as dangerous as each other. Bark worse than bite.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Flying Dutchman wrote:So Shaf, barking and hate speech should be enough for deportation?
Could be.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oh, and let's also recall that Pastor Terry Jones has also been banned from entering the UK because of his extremist views:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ja ... -banned-uk

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Oh, and let's also recall that Pastor Terry Jones has also been banned from entering the UK because of his extremist views:

What does this have to do with Abu Qatada being a threat to the UK homeland security?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:What does this have to do with Abu Qatada being a threat to the UK homeland security?

Just another silly non-sense remark. A brain fart so to speak.

Nucleus wrote:Could be.

I am all for it. Everybody newcomer who shows utter disrespect for local culture and the country they reside in, deportation should be an options. That applies to expats in Dubai or newcomers anywhere else. For me, I wish their was a way deporting those low-lifes dancing in the street when soldiers of their residing country are killed in action.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Bethsmum wrote:
Oh, and let's also recall that Pastor Terry Jones has also been banned from entering the UK because of his extremist views:

What does this have to do with Abu Qatada being a threat to the UK homeland security?

It directly addresses FD's question about hate crime being a deportable offence (in the UK as this is what we're discussing).
Flying Dutchman wrote:So Shaf, barking and hate speech should be enough for deportation?

Pastor Terry Jones is barred from the UK for his extremist views - and therefore this 'crime' is enough to deport someone who has already got in. The government is trying to deport Qatada. Both have barks greater than their bites - as I said before.

FD - it is Anjem Choudhary's lot who 'dance in the street' when British soldier's bodies are brought back - and who I said have the same views as Qatada. But we can't deport them, as they are British. I'd like to put both them and the EDL in a slow boat to somewhere far away and let them fight it out! :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:But we can't deport them, as they are British.

My take on it, is that if they have two passports, take the British one, and kick them out!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well basically if they're doing things that go against the British way of life and are a threat to society, then as far as I'm concerend they've revoked their 'Britishness" and should be booted to somewhere more in tune with their views and actions.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I agree - but as Anjem was born in the UK he's as British as the EDL numpties and we're stuck with them both! :roll:

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I agree - but as Anjem was born in the UK he's as British as the EDL numpties and we're stuck with them both!

Well you would have thought his mother would have given him a British name! What's up Bill or George, anything but Anjem :D

Now let's get back to the subject of the OP, Abu Qatada and his threat to the UK homeland security.
The fact that Abu arrived in the UK on a forged UAE passport should be enough to give him the boot in my eyes. He was given bail a few years ago but broke the conditions and was rearrested and sent back to prison. I'll be surprised if he manages to behave himself this time. We can only hope we stay safe until the Jordanians convince the Government that dear little Abu won't be tortured or the information used to convict him wasn't obtained under torture. We must consider his human rights, after all.

--- Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:41 pm ---

Flying Dutchman wrote:I am all for it. Everybody newcomer who shows utter disrespect for local culture and the country they reside in, deportation should be an options. That applies to expats in Dubai or newcomers anywhere else. For me, I wish their was a way deporting those low-lifes dancing in the street when soldiers of their residing country are killed in action.

Here here!
Bethsmum

Well you would have thought his mother would have given him a British name! What's up Bill or George, anything but Anjem

BM - Anjem was known as 'Andy' back when he was boozing and acting like the EDL:

dubai-chat/andy-choudary-not-taken-seriously-t47385.html

:roll:

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Abu Qatada. A Threat to UK Homeland Security Feb 10, 2012
Watch the troll compare Terry Jones to Abu Qatada. The latter is wanted by seven nations on terrorism offenses.

Terry Jones, of course, has never promoted violence against any individual or group and is not the spiritual leader of three or four Islamic terrorist groups as Abu Qatada is.
event horizon

So why was Pastor Terry Jones barred from entering the UK, eh? Was it not for his extremist preaching?

In releasing Qatada, Justice Mitting made the point that Qatada was not facing any charges in the UK - and continued detention was not right (at least that is what I heard on yesterday's Question Time on the BBC - correct me if I misheard).

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Let me know if Terry Jones is the spiritual leader of three to four Islamic terrorist groups, advocated violence against individuals or groups and is wanted by seven nations for terrorism offenses.
event horizon

Sorry, I asked for what reason your fellow right-wing American Christian Terry Jones was banned from the UK.

Was it a difficult question?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:BM - Anjem was known as 'Andy' back when he was boozing and acting like the EDL:

Is that you hiding behind the Mayfair Shafique? I know how you're partial to a blonde! Wooo hooo!!
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk