10,000 Clerics: Arab Uprisings Could Be Zionist Plot

Topic locked
10,000 clerics: Arab uprisings could be Zionist plot Apr 30, 2011
Tiny minority of extremists?

Ulema conference warns against Zionist designs

KOTTAKKAL, Kerala: The ulema conference organized by the Samastha Kerala Jam’iyathul Ulema, a body of Islamic scholars, has warned against the possibility of the uprisings in Muslim nations into the hands of Zionists.

“The Zionists and colonialists are doing everything at creating cracks in the unity of Ummah on the ethnic and nationalist lines. The Muslims should be cautious about this trap,” a resolution adopted by the three-day conference attended by more than 10,000 scholars said.

http://arabnews.com/world/article376489.ece

As one takes a closer look at the Muslim world, the differences between the 'extremists' and 'moderates' become less apparent.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: 10,000 Clerics: Arab Uprisings Could Be Zionist Plot Apr 30, 2011
so extremists and moderates will be one hand :lol: ... good news EH, thxxxxx, u don't like both anyway :)
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: 10,000 clerics: Arab uprisings could be Zionist plot Apr 30, 2011
Sharia and thinking there is a Jew behind every tree is NOT "moderate", which rules out the vast majority of Muslims I would say.
The belief in Zionist conspiracies is mass delusion/hysteria in one of its craziest forms. A more 'benign' form of this mass hysteria is believing that solving the IPC, will solve all (or most) problems in the ME or even the world for that matter.
Likewise, believing fornicators should be lashed is NOT "moderate".
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: 10,000 Clerics: Arab Uprisings Could Be Zionist Plot Apr 30, 2011
different words have different meanings to people, some are accurate and some are not
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: 10,000 clerics: Arab uprisings could be Zionist plot Apr 30, 2011
FD, thanks for stating the obvious so succinctly. I remember the recent blasphemy issue in Pakistan where a committee of 500 'moderate' Muslim scholars convened to support the killing of any blasphemer. In fact, I believe they supported the killing of one who blasphemed against the blasphemy law. The issue of fanaticism and religious zeal in the Muslim world extends far beyond al-Qaeda. In fact, apologists always fail to acknowledge al-Qaeda's use of Islam's mainstream texts and teachings. I think because of this, apologists work on non-Muslims rather than perform their 'services' in the Muslim world.

-- Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:27 pm --

zubber wrote:different words have different meanings to people, some are accurate and some are not

Indeed, that's why we should define terms (moderate, extremist, modernist, pro-democracy) before they're used misleadingly.

It would be a travesty to describe one person as a moderate when their views would be denounced as fanatical if they were shared by any individual of another faith.

It's also one reason to stay away from using adjectives.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk