I Thought Uae Was Enjoying A Free Market Economy System.

Topic locked
I thought uae was enjoying a free market economy system. Oct 07, 2009
I thought uae people were enjoying a free market economy system where any citizen of the country could start any legal business however, on dubain forums i came to know that in the field of communications, they had a monoply of some etsilaat named group and they had banned the internet phone in uae. I don't think this policy will work for them as arab countries are already quite away from the most modern communication systems (and most of the citizens in those countries don't even know that). Now a days, even the countries like india and pakistan have a much more modern, sophisticated and low cost communication system as compared to the etsilaat dominated countries. The best way to get achievements in technological field is a positive competition.

Arnold
Dubai Forums Member

Re: I thought uae was enjoying a free market economy system. Apr 30, 2013
Agreed!
esssarr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: I Thought Uae Was Enjoying A Free Market Economy System. May 07, 2013
Etisalat is a semi Govt organization which doesnt allow tool bypass, which could cut down half of their revenues, that is why even skype website is banned in UAE. that explains the monopoly.
malikmudassar
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I Thought Uae Was Enjoying A Free Market Economy System. May 30, 2013
But two months before only Atisalat has introduced the international IP Calling cards where as du is still behind in it. UAE is still behind in it but far ahead in other areas as compare to pakistan and india.
Judij
BANNED

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk