Apr 14, 2008
www.iweb.ca

I use that.

or

www.register.com

thats ok too...
guest999

Apr 15, 2008
Hi, Etisalat have a very good DC, but for sorry i dont know about cost and procing you can call them 04 2221555 its the commercial phone number.
the most pplz here don't like etisalat for slow service and blocked sites, but at the end its the biggest ISP in the gulf area.
If you like to make you own data centre it's not that hard, and if you want it to be away of your work place also it can be handle in good secure way.
to rent a room to use it as DC i believe rent rack for 2 servers 1300$ is good in this way.
if there is any technical help needed you are welcome to ask.
Cheers
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2008
etisalat doesnt give you a faster connection than 4mbps for commercial purpose. I think they dont have a data centre sort of connection option, but you may still check with them .

and as for hosting servers inside dubai, its not really ideal
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jun 18, 2008
It all depends on what your requirements are, if you need physical access to the servers then I guess you are forced to host them in UAE. But with prices like that it might be worth using some hosting provider in Europe and pay some extra for good on-site support. With remote access cards you can fix most problems and faulty hardware is replaced by the vendor, I.E get two DELL PE's with DRACS and get the gold support, it will be a lot cheaper, you can setup a redundant environment with 10Mbps connection that costs less then 300EUR a month.

Translated from PRQ.se (They host TPB)
4U-lbox
10Mbps-port
No data limit
Pris: 200EUR/month plus tax
christopher_sweden
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 09, 2008
Wow, those prices in UAE are absurd. I really hope they improve things because they could become an IT and Telecom hub of the entire world if they just invest like they do with their real estate and hotels.

The other thing is that the connectivity in UAE appears to be very poor, with horrible/long routes and high latency.

I wouldn't co-locate there until the routing improved and the prices leveled out to industry norms.
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk