Black A Number

Topic locked
black a number Oct 05, 2006
Hey, guys, can u, please, help me here again

I would like to block the number from calling me, i thought it was possible from my cell, but i cannot find that feature.

The cell is Samsung SGH X660

anyone knows what i can do??

thanks

IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 06, 2006
The only thing you could do on your phone (depending on the model) is assign the number a custom [silent] ringtone so the nuisance calls don't actually ring and disturb you, but the phone will still show the missed calls and receive text messages etc.

To permanently block a number you will have to speak with Etisalat as the call block has to be implemented at the network level. In most western countries the call block request has to be supported by a harrasment report filed with the local police, but I doubt they're that organised here.

SDB
shinydiscoballs
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 07, 2006
call barring
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Oct 07, 2006
thanks, i have tried to make it silen, but my cell unfortunately does not have that feature, only vibrator, and i have tried to bar the caller, however, it can bar only ALL incoming calls not one in specific, but thanks anyway
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 10, 2006
i know a person who works in muncipality..is my friends uncle.. he knows how to block individual numbers. he wont tell.. even if i pay a thousand bucks..

now if you know anybody in etisalat.. you can get it from him ! :wink: ( so let me know as well )
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk