Tense Muscle Issue

Topic locked
Tense Muscle Issue Oct 15, 2009
So a twice this week, and a few times in my life prior, I would get this intense muscle tensions in my left calf. It's always the left for some reason.

This morning it was 3am and I stretched my legs, and as you know when you stretch your leg, your toes point. Well when I do that, I move my toes as well and immediatly, my calf tenses up painfully and I feel like I can't move it, for a good 30 seconds.

By then I'm wide awake, waiting it out.
If I love my foot or my leg, it hurts worse, I have to keep it still and it will go away.

ahmed45
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 02, 2009
Hi Ahmed, this sounds like it could be a cramp which then leaves your calf muscle in spasm. If so, magnesium can help. Magnesium can be taken in tablet form or (if you can find it in Dubai) it can be applied to the skin in liquid form - which is 10 times more effective. It can take weeks for the magnesium to build up adequately in your body but when it does, it will help to prevent muscle spasms and cramps in the future. Also ensure you are well hydrated (water).

If you don't feel that it is a cramp, it may be muscle spasm due to tightness in your upper legs which is referring into the calf but if you do not get this pain at any other time, I would think it was a cramp.
Dale099
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Tense Muscle Issue Dec 08, 2009
If medication has not helped you then try a natural therapy. Visit the following link for more information.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 448&ref=ts

Hope that helps you.
energyhealing
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai