Medications, Transplants And Their Implications

Topic locked
Medications, transplants and their implications Mar 06, 2010
Hello again everyone, just a small query to raise, one thats been bugging me for a while. Ive seen a lot of young guys on this thread who, like me, have high or convex hairlines but dont appear to be balding as such, yet whenever anyone mentions Hair Transplants as a means of looking their age again or purely for cosmetic or social reasons, they are always advised against it, saying things like "a HT requires a lifetime addiction to propecia", why exactly is that? Most hair transplant clinics that advertise on the web offer simple, walk in service, so why would one need to take propecia if they're going in to have their hair replaced anyway? If its simply for cosmetic reasons and they arent actually balding, then mpb wouldnt be a problem for them anyway.
Also, why are younger men always advised against HTs? Surely if they are young and their loss is minimal to say the least, bringing a norwood 2.5 down to a straight, but still mature hairline (with no annoying gap at the temples) would be a fairly cheap and fast procedure? As far as future balding goes, Im sure many young men who were truly depressed or self concsious would want an effective immediate solution and sort any further balding when it occurs 20 or so years down the line, by which point newer alternatives will be available, Im sorry to seem presumptious, this is just somethin that has always worried me, given my own hair being so high. Any answers at all would be great, this forum is extremely informative. Thankyou for reading my post

ahmed45
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai