Antenatal Care, Which Hospitals Best?

Topic locked
Antenatal care, which hospitals best? Nov 19, 2010
Hi guys
We recently foundnout I'm 7.5wks pregnant. I haven't moved to Dubai yet but plan to in January by which time I will be 14wks. My husband and father are already out there living in Sharjah. We have planned though that I will be coming back to uk for delivery mainly because it can cause complications in the future of our son/daughter were to have kids out there then their kids wouldn't get British nationality, plus it's backed up by the fact I don't have to pay for it at home and our firsts Childs delivery ended up being very long (22hrs) and had to be assisted. So can anyone recommend a gd hospital for antenal care up until when I leave and also costs. I have looked at a few and they all seem to be about 4-5k dhms. Also if anyone can explain what ate the 3 scans as we only have 2 in the uk (1 at 12 weeks and 1 at 20 weeks)

dani2107
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Antenatal Care, Which Hospitals Best? Nov 19, 2010
Hi Dani 2107,

First - congratulations to you and hubby.

I have no knowledge of hospitals in Sharjah but City Hospital (Healthcare City) in Dubai would be my recommendation. Check their website. I also believe you can send in questions you may have regarding cost. Note that the commute between Sharjah and Dubai is not very long = especially if you travel during off peak hours (avoiding traffic to and from work between Sharjah and Dubai).

I think talking about your children having children (grandchildren) is a bit premature. :lol: Focus on the one that you are having now.

I have absolutely no idea who "ate the scans". :lol: :lol:

Good luck to you!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Antenatal Care, Which Hospitals Best? Nov 20, 2010
Thanks bora will have a look. Sorry meant to say are not ate. Stupid iPod doesn't always work properly. I think the reason my parents mentioned my grandchild in all this is because they had my older sister whilst living in Saudi so she's got the same problem now. Luckily I think she is set on staying in the uk for the time being, same as my mum wouldn't like to live abroad as prefers wearing layers in the great uk cold weather very strange ppl whereas me and my dad are complete opposites and love the hot weather, meaning I was the logical choice to take over the family business in Dubai. :D not that I'm complaining!
The only problem with a Dubai hospital is the journey as we will be living in Sharjah but working on Ajman freezone
dani2107
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Antenatal care, which hospitals best? Nov 20, 2010
Hi dani, I'll be brutally honest and say the help you'll get on this forum for this topic is limited at best. Have a look at expatwoman.com there's a 'babies and bumps' section as well with all the info you need.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Antenatal care, which hospitals best? Jun 09, 2011
I think she is set on staying in the uk for the time being, same as my mum wouldn't like to live abroad as prefers wearing layers in the great uk cold weather very strange ppl whereas me and my dad are complete opposites and love the hot weather, meaning I was the logical choice to take over the family business in Dubai....

thanks
kumkum01
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Antenatal care, which hospitals best? Jun 13, 2011
kumkum01 wrote:I think she is set on staying in the uk for the time being, same as my mum wouldn't like to live abroad as prefers wearing layers in the great uk cold weather very strange ppl whereas me and my dad are complete opposites and love the hot weather, meaning I was the logical choice to take over the family business in Dubai....

thanks

Ok, thanks for dragging up an old thread - where the OP has probably had her baby by now - just to share that :roll:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai