What Is The Age Limit For Obtaining A Residence Visa

Topic locked
What is the age limit for obtaining a residence visa Mar 26, 2007
Hi, does anyone know what the age limit is for obtaining a residence visa in dubai based on purchasing property. Note, I am specifically inquiring about property purchase based residence visa, not work visas.

Has anyone on the forum gone through the exercise of purchasing property and obtaining residence through that route? If so, did their spouse also get the visa automatically?

nomif
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 26, 2007
Technically speaking the age limit would be 7 years old
(7 hijra years) :shock: . That is the age of "discretion" and below which such minor "shall not have the rigth to deal in propety and all his dealing shall be void".

Now if you need financing then that's another matter. Same would apply at the other end - if you are "too old" you probably won't get financing.

18 years of age seems to be a "reaosonable" age. For example, even in guardiaship relationships a minor can receive all or part of his property to administer it.

Note that a minor is anyone under 21 lunar years.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Concord, thanks for the info. I am referring to the upper age limit. Eg, if a person is 65+ and if he does not need financing to purchase property, can he get a residence visa for himself and wife? I know that work visas are an issue at that age, but was wondering if residence visas are possible. The scenario is retirement in dubai. thanks.
nomif
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 27, 2007
I have not heard of any upper age limit on property ownership particularly one not requiring financing.

Without sounding morbid and depending on your age, your main concern should be inheritance laws, etc. in case you truly mean retirement until...

If I find otherwise I'll let you know.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum