Visa For Wife And Daughter

Topic locked
visa for wife and daughter Aug 14, 2007
I've been working here in dubai for over 2 months now and my company has helped me out to processed my residence visa

but up until now the visa is not completed and there are no clear dates regarding with the completion day. I had my blood tested about 2 weeks ago and my friend said it wil be finish at any moment now

is this true because that what they said 1 week ago?
does recidence visa takes this long to finish?
are there anything that i can do to speed the process up

if you guys have any info please share it with me. I had to left my wife and my 2 weeks old daughter when i went to dubai. and without my residence visa i cant bring/sponsored my family to dubai.

please please if you have any info share it with me because the longing is killing me

also i have if you have info about the following information please share it with me as well;

- are there any profesionnals that offer assistant to arrange a visit visa? and if there is, how much are their fees?and their contact number
- how long does the process of visit visa takes?
- what papers do i need to create a visit visa?

that's it for now, again please please share the info and thank you in advance

bebensiganteng
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 14, 2007
What passport is your wife travelling on?
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2007

i rarely travel so i dont understand what you mean

but if i'm not mistaken my country issued several types of passport, and i think my wife and daughters has a travel passport

is that it?
bebensiganteng
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 14, 2007
bebensiganteng wrote:

i rarely travel so i dont understand what you mean

but if i'm not mistaken my country issued several types of passport, and i think my wife and daughters has a travel passport

is that it?

Being as you are asking for help, I shall assume that you were not offering a sarcastic response to my question!

It will depend on WHAT COUNTRIES passport your wife will be travelling on as to what are the requirements for a visa!!

I assume that she is not travelling on a European, American, SA etc, or you would know that she could obtain a visit visa on arriavl.

Good Luck
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2007
bebensiganteng wrote: i think my wife and daughters has a travel passport

Major..... He HAS to be taking p*ss!

Has to be!! :shock: :shock:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2007
English Girlie wrote:

Maybe that's why the medical results are taking so long - they are looking for a brain :roll:
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2007
The Major wrote:
English Girlie wrote:

Maybe that's why the medical results are taking so long - they are looking for a brain :roll:

hahahaha LOL!

Major you make me smile! :lol:

Hey, if he can get a job in DBX there is hope for little old me then!

Ahhhhh, I see light!
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2007
English Girlie wrote:
The Major wrote:
English Girlie wrote:

hahahaha LOL!

Major you make me smile! :lol:

Ahhhhh, I see light!

You'll get there - it really helps to be on the ground here...
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 15, 2007
You guys don't need to be rude. It's Expat Help Forum after all.
Maybe the OP didn't catch the question because depends on the country indeed there are some types of passport for general, diplomatic, pilgrimage, etc.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 15, 2007
xty

You are quite right! :oops:

bebensiganteng..... please accept my apologise!

I hope there will be someone on here that can help with your request!

Again I apologise!

:)
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2007
Being as you are asking for help, I shall assume that you were not offering a sarcastic response to my question!

It will depend on WHAT COUNTRIES passport your wife will be travelling on as to what are the requirements for a visa!!

I assume that she is not travelling on a European, American, SA etc, or you would know that she could obtain a visit visa on arriavl.

Good Luck

Look my english is not so good, i honestly dont understand your question, I'm not being sarcastic. i dont like being sarcastic is for coward who CANT SPEAK THEIR MIND

my wife and i are from indonesia

Has to be!! Shocked Shocked

Maybe that's why the medical results are taking so long - they are looking for a brain Rolling Eyes

hahahaha LOL!

Major you make me smile! Laughing

Ahhhhh, I see light!

and for the insults i dont know why can you just try to reconfirm me first, i was asking nicely and you cannot judge that all person are the same, because i've seen some of the posting here and i am not them, i come to dubai to give my family a better life and you dont know how much i have struggle to do this. AND DONT F*CK WITH ME IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AND WANT TO FIGHT JUST SAY IT.. AND DONT USE SARCASM. I"M HERE TO ASK A F*CKING HELP AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO HELP DONT F*CKING DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BECAUSE I SWEAR BY ALLAH I WILL KILL SOMEBODY IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO BRING MY FAMILY

and English Girlie you apologise is accepted and thanks everybody for the replies
bebensiganteng
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 15, 2007
with a response like that, why would anyone want to help you.

chill out an calm down.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 15, 2007
with a response like that, why would anyone want to help you.

chill out an calm down.

yes i apologize for being too rude. But i'm not the one who started it
So once again please please if you have any info share it with me and might i remind you that my english is not good.

thanks
bebensiganteng
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 15, 2007
since you are in dubai already, try calling 04-313 9999, they are very helpful and the information they give you is dependable, rules change everyday, so might as well just call them and ask..

also, in this forum, people try to make jokes sometimes so dont take it personally, its a help/fun forum as i see it..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 15, 2007
cu
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 15, 2007
Babe you just need to calm down!! PLEASE!

If I understand you correctly, of course you are distruaught!

To be honest I wasn't aware there were any other types of passports than a 'travelling one'!
:oops:

Could you wife and daughter not come on a visitors visa.... and stay until the paperwork is completed, this should be done during the time frame. surely??

I am going to bow out of this....... not really any help to you!

But there are great people on here that I am sure WILL help!
...... IF YOU CAN CALM DOWN!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Major, where are you......?????? :lol: :lol:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2007
hamadl wrote:since you are in dubai already, try calling 04-313 9999, they are very helpful and the information they give you is dependable, rules change everyday, so might as well just call them and ask..

also, in this forum, people try to make jokes sometimes so dont take it personally, its a help/fun forum as i see it..

Hey hamad, what department is that number for?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2007
gtmash wrote:
hamadl wrote:since you are in dubai already, try calling 04-313 9999, they are very helpful and the information they give you is dependable, rules change everyday, so might as well just call them and ask..

PSYCHIATRIC!!!

:oops: English Girlie..... ssssshhhhhh! :evil:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2007
bebensiganteng wrote:

Good Luck

Look my english is not so good, i honestly dont understand your question, I'm not being sarcastic. i dont like being sarcastic is for coward who CANT SPEAK THEIR MIND

my wife and i are from indonesia

Has to be!! Shocked Shocked

Maybe that's why the medical results are taking so long - they are looking for a brain Rolling Eyes

hahahaha LOL!

Major you make me smile! Laughing

Ahhhhh, I see light!

and for the insults i dont know why can you just try to reconfirm me first, i was asking nicely and you cannot judge that all person are the same, because i've seen some of the posting here and i am not them, i come to dubai to give my family a better life and you dont know how much i have struggle to do this. AND DONT F*CK WITH ME IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AND WANT TO FIGHT JUST SAY IT.. AND DONT USE SARCASM. I"M HERE TO ASK A F*CKING HELP AND IF YOU DONT WANT TO HELP DONT F*CKING DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BECAUSE I SWEAR BY ALLAH I WILL KILL SOMEBODY IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO BRING MY FAMILY

and English Girlie you apologise is accepted and thanks everybody for the replies

Apologies if I misunderstood you - hope you find the answers you are looking for. Sorry, I know nothing about Indonesian passports, but am sure there will be someone on here who does!
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 15, 2007
gtmash wrote:

That number is for the Dubai Naturalization and Residency Department (also known as immigration)
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 15, 2007
To answer OP questions:

If the company is professional enough, the fastest would be only 4-5 working days time to process a residence visa (including medical check+visa stamp). My employer had done several times for my project team, even includes DIC process.

It's common (in a negative way) in Dubai that the companies tend to postpone the visa process until the last day of the visit visa expiration of 60 days (or even after numerous extensions... say hello to Kish island).

Residence visa for family can only be sponsored by the resident/employee (you).

It's possible to arrange visit visa sponsored by some "service companies". My employer did it for my family when coming the same time with me. But I believe you need to pay extra cash for this visit visa and visa transfer to residence visa (once you get yours), and it doesn't come cheap (thousands of Dirhams). Don't ask me the details on how/where of these service companies, because it was arranged by my employer. I know nothing.

I understand that you're just being homesick (that's why you're just being sensitive). Don't worry, we all have been there. Just hang on, ask your employer, hopefully they can process fast. After all, I've PM'd you about a local Indonesian community which might help you.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 15, 2007
English Girlie wrote:To be honest I wasn't aware there were any other types of passports than a 'travelling one'!
:oops:

I assume as any other countries, UK has too other types of passport than general/travel/personal such as diplomatic one. So it's the question which was not exactly clear.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 15, 2007
thank you so much for everybody help. I really appreciated it and for The Major your apology is accepted
xty is right my homesickness and my longing for my family is really stressing me out, and my company hasn’t been that too much help either. Hopefully my family can come before September..
thank you again for everybody and again I apologize for my offensiveness
bebensiganteng
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum