Visa Entry -

Topic locked
Visa entry - Jan 13, 2007
could someone please clarify for me the following - can i enter the dubai on uk visa as normal and within the two month period apply for a residents and work visa?? Another source is telling me I must gain an entry visa before entering the country? Please advise as everything seems so complicated in UAE or is it me??

scotontour
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 14, 2007
where's your passport from
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Visa Jan 14, 2007
Thanks for email, bushra21
I hold a uk passport which I believe gives me 2 months visitor rights
scotontour
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Visa entry - Jan 14, 2007
scotontour wrote:could someone please clarify for me the following - can i enter the dubai on uk visa as normal and within the two month period apply for a residents and work visa?? Another source is telling me I must gain an entry visa before entering the country? Please advise as everything seems so complicated in UAE or is it me??

As a British Passport Holder you can come to Dubai for a period of 2 months, this can be extended by a further month upon payment of Dhs. 500.00. Should you wish to change to an employment visa during this time you can do this by leaving the country (Visa Run) or you can pay an amount of money Dhs. 500 - 1000 and have the visa converted into residence visa. Of course all the necessary applications from your new Company have to be completed prior to this. But basically it is not a problem if it is done correctly.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Thank you Sage Jan 15, 2007
Sorry more questions
Who charges the 500-1000dhs?
My arabic friend who has commercial licience will allow me to trade with them does that mean I need them too sponser me, in order that I gain a residence visa?
Will I be able to apply for a medical while on a tourist visa and thus be able to save time when needed.
scotontour
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum