Teaching In Dubai

Topic locked
teaching in dubai Apr 18, 2009
Hi anyone!

Im thinking about applying for teaching jobs in dubai - I would only apply for english schools and see from the tes that there are quite a lot of vacancies!

From forums Im getting mixed messages - would it be a good move for a recently separated 44 year old teacher?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

garnet
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: teaching in dubai Apr 19, 2009
garnet wrote:Hi anyone!

Im thinking about applying for teaching jobs in dubai - I would only apply for english schools and see from the tes that there are quite a lot of vacancies!

From forums Im getting mixed messages - would it be a good move for a recently separated 44 year old teacher?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm not surprised you're getting mixed messages. The top UK syllabus schools say they still have waiting lists for student entry, but we are being told 'lots' of expats are leaving and taking their kids home with them. Go figure. What years do you teach?

There's a bit of turnover of teachers at some schools here, so I can imagine they are always looking, and it would be good to have some older (no offence!) teachers coming out.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Teaching in Dubai Apr 19, 2009
I have 10 years experience across KS1 and KS2 and been head of years. ICT and phase. I am applying for anything that looks interesting - theres life in the old dog yet!!
garnet
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: teaching in dubai Apr 21, 2009
garnet wrote:From forums Im getting mixed messages - would it be a good move for a recently separated 44 year old teacher?

Recently separated shouldn't matter much. There are lots of recently separated people living in Dubai. It will be a good move if you're adaptable and land in a good school. It will be a crap move if you're narrow minded, and/or end up in a crap school.

Good experience and qualifications will help you get a good job in a good school but choose carefully. There are many schools that are difficult places to teach for one reason or another. And take promises you get from school administration with a pinch of salt. If it's not in writing, it's not going to happen. This info should help you get started...

Teaching in Dubai
Schools in Dubai
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 14, 2009
Check out Dave's ESL cafe - the info for teachers section ( Middle East ) in the forums. You'll get the lowdown on a lot of the schools and colleges in the Emirates.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Teaching In Dubai Sep 28, 2013
The NEBOSH Oil and Gas Certificate will benefit national and international oil and gas companies working to international standards who are seeking to implement effective health and safety management across all areas of their operation.
nistgulf
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Teaching In Dubai Oct 22, 2013
PTLLS is a Premium course which is now available in dubai. It is first stage of a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) in Lifelong learning sector. PTLLS offers a comprehensive outline to the role and responsibilities of the teacher, tutor or trainer. PTLLS is a relatively new program which will replace the popular CIEH Professional Trainer Certificate (PTC)I in near future.
nistgulf
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum