Studio Monitor Speakers

Topic locked
Studio Monitor Speakers Oct 16, 2009
Hey guys,

I don't suppose you know anywhere that has a good selection of speakers? I just blew my Studio Monitors and deadline is Wednesday :( !

Cheers,
Rusko

fightstar
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 16, 2009
There was a set of decent monitors for sale on dubizzle. Give that a shot. For new, I dunno, depends on what brand your after. Like JBL has a store in Nasser Square.

Try Sharaf DG on Time square, doubt it though.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 16, 2009
Thanks very much indeed. Will try all of the suggested. Might actually try my luck at Plug-ins. (Am having to mix my tracks using my car's speakers :)! Fuel is getting costly!

Cheers
Rusko
fightstar
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 17, 2009
Well last ditch effort is to get a pair of high end headphones, but that rarely comes out perfect and not a good idea for a final mixdown. You always get a thicker low end and low on the higher frequencies. Ever tried the white noise method ?

Maybe a decent set of home hi fi speakers ?
desertdudeshj

Oct 17, 2009
Yes I have my pair of tecnics but I left them on my gear stack at my last gig and someone nicked em, furious. Yes not quite white noise but similar method, I tried using the surround sound on our tv but its shocking, Will have a mooch around plug-ins tomorrow...

Thanks for your help man,

Rusko
fightstar
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 17, 2009
I have a friend in the states who did his entire album on headphones ! Didn't come out bad at all !
desertdudeshj

Oct 19, 2009
Just brought some Panasonics from Plug-ins, set up fine, adjusted for a level EQ (as close as possible) only problem is that for some reason the aux lead seems to 'charge' my macbook pro, giving me an electric shock! Tried putting a 3 pin plug on it but it has no earth wire anywhere...Weird.
fightstar
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum