Recon In Dubai For Potential Move

Topic locked
Recon in Dubai for potential move Sep 27, 2010
I am being recruited by a local company in Dubai to work in a senior position. They have suggested that myself and my wife go to Dubai to get a sense of the place. Can anyone tell me what we should look out for. We are going to be there for about 2/3 days and want to get a good idea of what it is like living there.

We have young kids so we are keen to get an idea of the best places for kids/schools and making the most of Dubai for them and us

ajlej
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Recon In Dubai For Potential Move Oct 03, 2010
Having kids, you'll want a 3 bed+ villa, near a british school, in a nice neighbourhood. There are many options all over Dubai depending on your budget. Senior position, from UK company... I'd say this won't be a problem, and you will be happy with where you can live. Start with Jumeriah/UmSuqeim and then onto Emirates Hills. If you can't afford this, have a look at Mirdif.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Recon In Dubai For Potential Move Oct 03, 2010
You should also look at Arabian Ranches, as benwj says you should be looking for a 3 bed villa and their are some available right now, their is also the School and Clinic here, however I believe the School is quite full;
http://www.jess.sch.ae/arabianranchessec/Home.aspx
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Recon In Dubai For Potential Move Oct 04, 2010
I was going to mention Arabian Ranches, but the school is full which is the main drawcard. If you like Repton school, Arabian Ranches, could come into play.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum