Prescription Drugs - Please Help!!!!!!!!

Topic locked
prescription drugs - please help!!!!!!!! May 07, 2007
Hey everyone

Looking to move to Dubai for a few years but I have to take prescription drugs for a long term illness (azathioprine and asacol). Does anyone know if Ill be able to get these drugs when I move out there? Will they be free for me (as they are in the UK - aka NHS) or will I have to pay.

Any help here would be great - really struggling where to find these answers

Cheers

Karen

karenandsean
Dubai Forum Guest

May 07, 2007
go to store buy "dubai guide" wid farmacies and doctors and hospital names in them call them and say: i am not too smart but thanks to mac, could you tell me whether - and here you ask the questions.

or do same wid intenet search.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2007
Top tip - Learn how to speak our language and spell correctly before offering advice. Mac, short for tit.
karenandsean
Dubai Forum Guest

May 07, 2007
i am also shortly moving out to dubai and on thyroxin. i thought my first port of call is to ask my GP. i will let you know if he comes up with any suggestions
lcfcfem
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 08, 2007
karenandsean wrote:Top tip - Learn how to speak our language and spell correctly before offering advice. Mac, short for tit.

you are welcom karen or sean whoever send me stupid pm. how avout jast saying thank you for my biliant sugstion.

and when and where did you buy language :roll:
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: prescription drugs - please help!!!!!!!! May 08, 2007
karenandsean wrote:Looking to move to Dubai for a few years but I have to take prescription drugs for a long term illness (azathioprine and asacol). Does anyone know if Ill be able to get these drugs when I move out there?

You should be able to get these medications out here no problem although it is advised you bring a small supply out as well as a prescription for them. Of course check with your GP and Embassy first before doing so.

Will they be free for me (as they are in the UK - aka NHS) or will I have to pay.

You will most definitely have to pay.

Any help here would be great - really struggling where to find these answers

Cheers

Karen

For matters this serious I wouldn't think of contacting anyone else but my GP and embassy.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

thanks to you for GOOD advice May 12, 2007
Thanks for that advice - I'll go check with my GP - appreciate any useful adive anyone gives us - please keep it coming SHUKRAN!
karenandsean
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum